PDA

View Full Version : eeprom reading problem

audiozone
9th January, 2010, 08:17 PM
Hi, i'm new in this forum and this is my first post:

I tried to read an eeprom S24S4 from a Mercedes radio CM2396 made by Alpine with willem PCB50 programmer but when I select in "device" x2444" appears this message: use socket 93Cxx and pin 6,7 = 'H'. I don't know what it means but when I tried to read it only appears "00 00 00 00 00 ... or FF FF FF FF ... with pony prog it's the same result. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance...

PremierD
9th January, 2010, 09:02 PM
Hi, i'm new in this forum and this is my first post:

I tried to read an eeprom S24S4 from a Mercedes radio CM2396 made by Alpine with willem PCB50 programmer but when I select in "device" x2444" appears this message: use socket 93Cxx and pin 6,7 = 'H'. I don't know what it means but when I tried to read it only appears "00 00 00 00 00 ... or FF FF FF FF ... with pony prog it's the same result. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance...

Should read as a 24c04/02 eeprom..... mate two wire serial eeprom

electromech
13th January, 2010, 11:48 PM
Hello PremierD I hate to dwell from the subject but I happen to stuff up a merc sprinter 313 CDI 2001 cluster while programming the 93c66 chip at the back is there anyway a switched on guy like you has another dump for me? and I promise from now on I WILL REMOVE THE CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! it is sad that I only learn when things go tits up:banghead:.THANKS

Meat-Head
14th January, 2010, 12:02 AM
I promise from now on I WILL REMOVE THE CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! it is sad that I only learn when things go tits up:banghead:.THANKS

Don't worry, because you can sleep at night knowing that somebody somewhere was not only eating a 'toffee crisp' has just about to do what you did and thought better of it.

If PremierD can't help, then nobody can help, he's DK's answer to Superman.

PremierD
14th January, 2010, 12:05 AM
Hello PremierD I hate to dwell from the subject but I happen to stuff up a merc sprinter 313 CDI 2001 cluster while programming the 93c66 chip at the back is there anyway a switched on guy like you has another dump for me? and I promise from now on I WILL REMOVE THE CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! it is sad that I only learn when things go tits up:banghead:.THANKS

Have a lot of dumps at the workshop mate ...will post one tomorrow .......

How many Km's do you want it to say....

PremierD
14th January, 2010, 12:39 PM

Has 148k on it mate ....(thats in km's)

electromech
14th January, 2010, 01:33 PM
YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!!!!! Thanks :party:

PremierD
14th January, 2010, 01:36 PM
YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!!!!! Thanks :party:

Thank-you mate... but that insinuates that I'm old ....:thrasher:

electromech
14th January, 2010, 01:40 PM
Thank you Meat-Head we can always rely on your constructive criticism:cheer:

NO!!!!! that you fu###ng GOOD so take it cause it is due