PDA

View Full Version : Cant see image in tmp file

Adam_
26th September, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hi there,

Ive tried searching for the answer to this but have had no luck, ive just flashed the lacky pro image on to my nokia dbox 2 however when i went to set my location there werent any close so i couldnt get any channels when i selected the closest to me.
So i was advised to flash another image so i went for the blade trinity however now when i put the image into the tmp file i cant actually see it on the dbox so i cant select it to flash, the option " write one partition" is also nowhere to be seen.

Ive spent about 10 hours on this now shall i give up lol

Thanks for any help!!!

plasterer
26th September, 2008, 09:37 PM
Write one partition
one portion is chips mate.....lol
No honest mate that option should be there

DBOX
SERVICE MENU
SOFTWARE UPDATE
EXPERT FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER

Lets know Paul

Adam_
26th September, 2008, 10:05 PM
lol nice ive edited it, yeah mate ive followed the path, and the following options are there :
flashupdate.readflash
flashupdate.writeflash
flashupdate.readflashmtd
flashupdate.writeflashmtd

then at the bottom
flashupdate.url_file

i have looked through and cant see it anywhere when i had sporster it was.

Write one partition
one portion is chips mate.....lol
No honest mate that option should be there

DBOX
SERVICE MENU
SOFTWARE UPDATE
EXPERT FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER

Lets know Paul

plasterer
26th September, 2008, 10:44 PM
Just Reflash it with Ifa.
But i just flashed over Lacky Here 1 hour ago
And it went ok for me .....Paul

Adam_
27th September, 2008, 10:02 AM
Ok im gonna try the ifa route, ive just tried downloading it and i get some german message come up with a red cross so it wont open, i do have winrar so it not that.

Any ideas?

father ted
27th September, 2008, 10:33 AM
adam im sure i uploaded an ifa in the downloads ,and its english version

Adam_
29th September, 2008, 06:14 PM
Just thought i say i stuck with lacky pro and got it to work in the end, just needed to mess around with the scan settings and they eventually came through !!! alot of time spent on this but i got there in the end with some help !

So thanks guys !!!

Devilfish
29th September, 2008, 07:21 PM
Well done Adam on getting it going. I bet you feel pretty good about it too! :) It's good when you manage to get things going on your own and thanks for letting us know, hopefully it inspires others not to give up easily.

:)

DiddyDave
1st October, 2008, 10:17 AM
Hi there,

Ive tried searching for the answer to this but have had no luck, ive just flashed the lacky pro image on to my nokia dbox 2 however when i went to set my location there werent any close so i couldnt get any channels when i selected the closest to me.
So i was advised to flash another image so i went for the blade trinity however now when i put the image into the tmp file i cant actually see it on the dbox so i cant select it to flash, the option " write one partition" is also nowhere to be seen.

Ive spent about 10 hours on this now shall i give up lol

Thanks for any help!!!

I had this problem years ago and I found that if the name of the .img file was too long it never showed so try shortening the name of the file to less than 8 letters inc the file extension for example

Gavs Tuxbox FTA Image 2x.img
to
Gavs.img
see if this helps at all