PDA

View Full Version : mini cooper cas3+

keyhacker
4th April, 2020, 04:28 PM
i have a customer with a 2012 mini cooper cas3+, its an all keys lost situation and hes already had another guy out who told him he could not communicate with the immobiliser. Dont know what system he used but anyway.

bmw/mini is something i never really have to work on so ive tried to do a bit of resarch on it. I have vvdi prog and lonsdor k518se is it possible for me to read the cas module via vvdi prog and then use the lonsdor to program a new key ??

MaxMin
4th April, 2020, 04:34 PM
read cas with vvdiprog,and read ecu isn,little hard to remove cas but not is dramatic,but you must know now history from car,maybe someone before you tray read cas via obd and now cas is death!

keyhacker
4th April, 2020, 04:45 PM
then do i load the cas file on to the lonsdor and write via obd or what ?

Mrcarkey
4th April, 2020, 04:46 PM
Hi there you have a few options and scenarios here

yes it would be possible for you to read cas unit with vvdi prog and program with lonsdor cas unit is tricky to get to located on top of dash to the right of the speedo and top of dasb will need to be remobed to access cas but once ouy is simole to read with vvdi prog solder 4/5 wires to board.

If the vehicle has had the istap update then akl with lonsdor may not be posible and you may need tango or vvdi to complete the job.

It is possible to program via obd with lonsdor but you would need to downgrade the cas via obd when you read the immo data will prompt you on lonsdor to update as they call it but you MUST have battery support on the car when you do this a battery support unit is best if you dont have one a good set on jump leads to another vehicle which should be running to keeep the voltage stable as can take up to 25 minutes. Lonsdor will prompt you to remove cas and back up immo before doing this read eeprom and flash of mcu with vvdi prog first so you will always have a back up. A lot of people do not like downgrading cas via obd as if something goes wrong a voltage drop or crash can damage the cas.

Cas can be repaired so whatever happens it is sortable repairing the flash or data without costing £££ buying a new cas.

Worse cas scenario previous locksmith has tried to downgrade cas via obd and f***** it so my advice would be to check (so you do not get the blame) before pluging any of your programmers or removing anything off the car that the interior lights work and dash comes on and ignition warning on dash when button pressed. If these do not come on and electrics appear to be dead this is because the cas data is damage and not functioning.

If damaged data will need to be repaired first.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

TERMINATOR1000
4th April, 2020, 04:55 PM
2012 CAS3+ , impossible by OBD2 ( for VVDI2 LONSDOR CGDI .... ) need to remove cas3+ : 3/4 hours job , read MCU , read ECU ISN .....
LET IT DOWN ! STAY AT HOME

Mrcarkey
4th April, 2020, 05:01 PM
Check electrics first..... plug in your lonsdor and try to read key data and see if it prompts you to update cas first. have done 2013 mini this way obd

If cas is dead then pm me can help you and send you flash or repair file for you.

Regards

TERMINATOR1000
4th April, 2020, 05:08 PM
have done 2013 mini this way obd

AKL + 2013 + bmw + LONSDOR = 0

Mrcarkey
4th April, 2020, 05:24 PM
AKL + 2013 + bmw + LONSDOR = 0And do you personally know without seeing the car and plugging into into what version software the cas has on it and it has not been downgraded before? No..... the guy has stated he is a newbie to bmw keys so advice to first plug in check cas sortware version and if possible via obd there is no need to read cas or mcu if can be avoided.

But ok terminator 1000 keep blasting peoples post

TERMINATOR1000
4th April, 2020, 05:39 PM
And do you personally know without seeing the car and plugging into into what version software the cas has on it and it has not been downgraded before? No..... the guy has stated he is a newbie to bmw keys so advice to first plug in check cas sortware version and if possible via obd there is no need to read cas or mcu if can be avoided.

But ok terminator 1000 keep blasting peoples post

No Sir
Serie 1 2008+ , X1 , Mini cooper are the most stolen cars ( and the most protected CAS3+ VERSION ISTA.P 53+ )
If you have one KEY ( or ECU ISN ) + MCU D.flash you can do every CAS3+
time to dismantle CAS3 module is about 2h30
just not an good job for money :coat:

Mrcarkey
4th April, 2020, 06:13 PM
No Sir
Serie 1 2008+ , X1 , Mini cooper are the most stolen cars ( and the most protected CAS3+ VERSION ISTA.P 53+ )
If you have one KEY ( or ECU ISN ) + MCU D.flash you can do every CAS3+
time to dismantle CAS3 module is about 2h30
just not an good job for money :coat:No sir

The car may not even have this version sotware on it it may have been downgraded already..... had a key done before the car is 7 YEARS OLD now so lots of things are possible i have done a 2013 mini OBD fact it had obviousley already been down graded or never had the ista p update from the factory so have no reason to lie when trying to help someone.....

You post clearly want to put him off or sacre him into not doing the job.

2h 30 minutes to disasemble cas? [emoji23] no sir
Are you using chopsticks to do this?

A competent person with plastic trim tools and torx screwdrivers can take the top of dash of and remove cas is 30 minutes or less

If you have the right tools especially a small mini ratchet to take a torx20 then you can not even remove all the top dash just losen off most of the top remove air vents and a couple of tricky screws in the middle top dash vents by windscreen and right hand side and get your hand in and un plug and remove the 1 t20 that holds cas in.

Is not a difficult job and can charge a good price to do this job as most locksmiths run a mile .

PixelsFixed
4th April, 2020, 07:14 PM
It's all about knowing your tools and knowing their, and your, capabilities.

Why would someone with no BMW/Mini experience even contemplate attending this all keys lost, with a previous failure and description of communication problems?

Leave it to someone who knows how to do it and more importantly, how to fix it.

At the end of the day, it's just a CAS3+ all keys lost. Just a bit of a pain to get to, 30-45 minutes after you've done a couple - and maybe an eeprom recovery too.

iozo
4th April, 2020, 07:58 PM
Worse cas scenario previous locksmith has tried to downgrade cas via obd and f***** it so my advice would be to check (so you do not get the blame) before pluging any of your programmers or removing anything off the car that the interior lights work and dash comes on and ignition warning on dash when button pressed. If these do not come on and electrics appear to be dead this is because the cas data is damage and not functioning.

this is nice way to help, to tell him how to prevent him self from custumers lies and other locksmish mistake. I appriciate it !

comizelu
4th April, 2020, 08:41 PM
You need better tools for cas3+.
Lonsdor is not gonna help you to write the key. You have no tools to read isn so... better leave the job to someone else!

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Mrcarkey
4th April, 2020, 08:41 PM
It's all about knowing your tools and knowing their, and your, capabilities.

Why would someone with no BMW/Mini experience even contemplate attending this all keys lost, with a previous failure and description of communication problems?

Leave it to someone who knows how to do it and more importantly, how to fix it.

At the end of the day, it's just a CAS3+ all keys lost. Just a bit of a pain to get to, 30-45 minutes after you've done a couple - and maybe an eeprom recovery too.

and how do you get experience?? how did all you masterfull people get your experience and do you first mini akl?? by trying to do one no?

this forum is to help people and to share experience and knowledge not to tell people to leave it to someone who knows what they are doing? is this a joke

and then to type at the end of the day ITS JUST A CAS3+ i bet it was not just that the first time you tried to do one with no experience and made the mistakes we all have to get our experience. everyone who does bmw keys has bricked a cas or damaged data.

go and do the job keyhacker and i will help you anyway i can pm me if you are stuck and if cas is damaged send me the flash and eeprom files and ill fix them for you and send straight back.

Mrcarkey
4th April, 2020, 08:50 PM
You need better tools for cas3+.
Lonsdor is not gonna help you to write the key. You have no tools to read isn so... better leave the job to someone else!

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using TapatalkYou have vvdi prog this will read isn if you needed it!!

PixelsFixed
4th April, 2020, 09:16 PM
and how do you get experience?? how did all you masterfull people get your experience and do you first mini akl?? by trying to do one no?

this forum is to help people and to share experience and knowledge not to tell people to leave it to someone who knows what they are doing? is this a joke

and then to type at the end of the day ITS JUST A CAS3+ i bet it was not just that the first time you tried to do one with no experience and made the mistakes we all have to get our experience. everyone who does bmw keys has bricked a cas or damaged data.

go and do the job keyhacker and i will help you anyway i can pm me if you are stuck and if cas is damaged send me the flash and eeprom files and ill fix them for you and send straight back.

I started doing EWS, then CAS2 and 3 before CAS3+ and CAS4 and FEM/BDC.

I didn't do my first BMW as a late CAS3+ all keys lost. I played about with modules out of scrap cars and familiarised myself before getting out of my depth on a customer's car. Or pretended it was all keys lost and made a key as if it was.

My first all keys lost CAS3+ was a 9389115. It was a nightmare.

Sure, I've wiped EWS, bricked CAS modules and lost coding on FEM, but before I charge someone for a service, I try to ensure that I can do it and fix it if I break it.

Everyone has to learn and I'm happy to help anyone if I can.

I just don't think I'd be going to a 2013 Mercedes SL all keys lost that someone else had failed to fix as my first Mercedes job. I'd pass it on and learn what I was doing first.

Maybe just me and maybe why I only do a few marques. Before I'll do it, I need to be sure I have an idea how to fix it if it goes tits up. We all know it can and does.

TERMINATOR1000
4th April, 2020, 09:48 PM
it's just a CAS3+ all keys lost. Just a bit of a pain to get to, 30-45 minutes after you've done a couple - and maybe an eeprom recovery too.

Including dashboard removal ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1MpLiuWd8Y

No sir

2h 30 minutes to disasemble cas? [emoji23] no sir
Are you using chopsticks to do this?

If you have the right tools especially a small mini ratchet to take a torx20 then you can not even remove all the top dash just losen off most of the top remove air vents and a couple of tricky screws in the middle top dash vents by windscreen and right hand side and get your hand in and un plug and remove the 1 t20 that holds cas in.

Is not a difficult job and can charge a good price to do this job as most locksmiths run a mile .

Yes ... i understand kind of worker you are ! you work in car breakers office ...
Dealer key price is only 200€ in my country , why customer would pay SAME PRICE for an Chinese key ?

Mrcarkey
4th April, 2020, 09:56 PM
No sir as you would say i just have experience and have been working with bmw keys for 10 years and do not tell someone that something will take 2hr 30 minutes to do to put them of doing a job.

You contradict yourself say that then post a you tube guide that is 9 minutes long??

I have been trying to help someone not scare them off doing a job.

Think maybe you should get a job in a breakers office as you call it if it takes you 2hr 30 mins to remover a cas.......

Mrcarkey
4th April, 2020, 09:57 PM
For a cas removal key in our country can get 250-300 euro using a chinese key so everywhere is different my friend

PixelsFixed
4th April, 2020, 10:14 PM
Including dashboard removal ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1MpLiuWd8Y

Yes ... i understand kind of worker you are ! you work in car breakers office ...
Dealer key price is only 200€ in my country , why customer would pay SAME PRICE for an Chinese key ?

I'll have an R56 CAS module in my hand within 45 minutes. Yes.

Dealer takes 2-3 days and requires v5 and ID to match. Requires payment in advance and no guarantee that the key works.

I'd not do AKL R56 needing CAS out for £200.

TERMINATOR1000
4th April, 2020, 10:18 PM
No sir as you would say i just have experience and have been working with bmw keys for 10 years and do not tell someone that something will take 2hr 30 minutes to do to put them of doing a job.

You contradict yourself say that then post a you tube guide that is 9 minutes long??

I have been trying to help someone not scare them off doing a job.

Think maybe you should get a job in a breakers office as you call it if it takes you 2hr 30 mins to remover a cas.......

Personally i don't remove anything on an customers cars , i sell low price key , yesterday i refuse to dismantle 2018 Clio 4 card reader for extract PIN code in AKL situation !
45 minutes job or 2h30 , i stay at home , it's more safe & less stress if job turn wrong !!!!

I'll have an R56 CAS module in my hand within 45 minutes. Yes.

Dealer takes 2-3 days and requires v5 and ID to match. Requires payment in advance and no guarantee that the key works.

I'd not do AKL R56 needing CAS out for £200.

OK you'r fasted than me !
YES , the key works , if car was not hacked first by another locksmith :crushed:

fred77
6th April, 2020, 07:36 PM
I started doing EWS, then CAS2 and 3 before CAS3+ and CAS4 and FEM/BDC.

I didn't do my first BMW as a late CAS3+ all keys lost. I played about with modules out of scrap cars and familiarised myself before getting out of my depth on a customer's car. Or pretended it was all keys lost and made a key as if it was.

My first all keys lost CAS3+ was a 9389115. It was a nightmare.

Sure, I've wiped EWS, bricked CAS modules and lost coding on FEM, but before I charge someone for a service, I try to ensure that I can do it and fix it if I break it.

Everyone has to learn and I'm happy to help anyone if I can.

I just don't think I'd be going to a 2013 Mercedes SL all keys lost that someone else had failed to fix as my first Mercedes job. I'd pass it on and learn what I was doing first.

Maybe just me and maybe why I only do a few marques. Before I'll do it, I need to be sure I have an idea how to fix it if it goes tits up. We all know it can and does.

So true,
Recall my 1st 3 series AKL. Abrites manual said keep toggling lights to keep ignition on. Minute later toasted ECU
Expensive fix but experience.

Definitely can go tits up

crankycarl
7th April, 2020, 02:40 AM
I've learned more breaking things than fixing them!

joker01
2nd April, 2023, 10:00 AM
Good morning,
I have a request from my customer for a key addition on mini r56 cas3 with this part number 61 35 9 395 657.......
I've been studying a bit.....so I have a few questions for you.....
how can i see if cas is crypto or not???
if it's not crypto I can proceed via obd safely correct??
if it's crypto do I have to downgrade (not from obd but over the counter) or if I have a working key I don't need it because I take isn from the old key??

tools available.....
upa-s/vvdi2/obdstar

edit......sticker on the cas I see c4 so from info it should be cas3+

thankssss....and happy sunday

Manta1600
2nd April, 2023, 11:10 AM
Good morning,
I have a request from my customer for a key addition on mini r56 cas3 with this part number 61 35 9 395 657.......
if it's crypto do I have to downgrade (not from obd but over the counter) or if I have a working key I don't need it because I take isn from the old key??

tools available.....
upa-s/vvdi2/obdstar

Almost all faulty CAS3+ are after VVDI2 key programing

Conect the tool and read the CAS info if show the keys strightaway its a CAS3 so you can program the keys safe

if you have message that need to downgrade the CAS this is CAS+ and go away or take the risk with your tools

Antonio266
2nd April, 2023, 02:13 PM
Good morning,

tools available.....
upa-s/vvdi2/obdstar

9395657 needs Downgrade by OBD to program keys, I would not do it with any of the tool you own.
My advice is to remove CAS and do it on bench.

joker01
2nd April, 2023, 04:48 PM
oookkkk...if I see the keys it's not crypto.....ok from obd......
cas no crypto
cas3+ crypto
cas3++ no crypto

wuza
2nd April, 2023, 08:14 PM
I would advise you to do it on the bench...
I now it is an pain job since you have to remove the dash to get the cas...
But better to lose some time by removing some parts (a lot of them) and do it on the bench... It is more safe...