PDA

View Full Version : Need help. MK5 golf gti DSG - AL,LC,POPS

gottatune
8th April, 2020, 03:14 PM
Hello everyone.

I have mapped a few things in my time and recently really wanted to add some stuff to my mk5 gti dsg.

I have software which seems useless, seems be a lack of guidence and i have notice the industry of tuning really started to shush on everything these days.

Ive try a few tunes ( custom not gerenic ) i already have a stage 2 but all i want to add to the file is Pop and bang in DSG manual mode. Anti lag and launch control but i seem to be having 0 luck and have become rusty with age it would appear. Any decent guides?? i have the code but assuming winsol no good to add this onto it? whats best these days, i do have genuine MPPS v13 luckily and Rosstech lead ( logging and fault codes ). I knew my way round the ME7.5 but for some reason with the DSG involved im getting confused massively.

Any tips? links or newer software which would be more user friendly? Laugh if you will but i enjoy the challenge. Pro tuners didnt get good by guessing but learning and experience.

Many Thanks

This is my tune that on the car by local performance company :) btw if anyone wants to rate it, but do not put it on your car! HPFP - S3 injectors - big flow inlet by intergrated engineering etc etc

https://easyupload.io/w24t5o

chrisimerk
8th April, 2020, 04:14 PM
What rpm would you want your launch and anti lag?

I'll add it to your file then you can learn from it

Regards

chrisimerk
8th April, 2020, 04:40 PM
here this is the 2600 lc code implemented to your stage 2 file

gottatune
8th April, 2020, 04:58 PM
Well did not expect that thank you so much! saves me hassle, tad confused as the file taken off the ecu a text file while the i would still love to learn so i can now used this as reference. How do you use it? also would you know about Over run in manual mode of dsg?

chrisimerk
8th April, 2020, 05:06 PM
no problem and you use it by pressing foot brake and accelerator pedal until you hit 2600rpm and you wanting to find overrun map for pops and bangs?

gottatune
8th April, 2020, 05:17 PM
Just flashed the ecu its on, ill go and test it out and report back.

That's correct, I want pop and bangs only when im in manual mode, If I want be a yobbo I can do so when im having a spirited drive in manual, I usually use drive for normal lazy driving. I did want learn myself but you seem keen and seeming i only wanted to learn for myself this way much quicker. I do hugely appreciate this means a lot after horrendous week Ive had. but saying that im sure we have all had heart break and hard times due to this covid.

ill be back online in 20minutes just going to middle of no where to test anti lag

gottatune
8th April, 2020, 05:39 PM
Just been out, the bangs and pops is awesome but sadly only worked in netrual. try drive, sport, manual and wouldnt launch. neither the least its cool and sounds like a shotgun which should scare away the group of walkers who think it acceptable to meet in groups of 20 :)

chrisimerk
8th April, 2020, 05:55 PM
That's strange it should work in all modes I'll have a look at the code

Regards

gottatune
8th April, 2020, 06:23 PM
thank you, it sounds great and i do have 1 silcencer on so when first did it, it looked like a diesel popcorn limiter :') stopped after the 3rd time must blown the old dusty fumes away :') literally launch and pop bang in manual mode was only 2 things missing from this car. You know what I mean? going from drive sport manual all so similar other then sport changes faster and more aggressive. The previous owner did map the dsg maybe that playing havoac?

Appreciate your help, get you some more thanks & reps.

gottatune
9th April, 2020, 09:42 AM
So spent most last night looking and reseaching and couldnt get it to work at all. Feel like giving up on the MED9 ecu. I dont understand how ME7.5 was much easier to pick up while MED9 with the dsg etc has got me stumped.