PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection Problem

Derekwd
27th September, 2008, 01:59 PM
My next door neighbor has just got a laptop, she had a desktop and was on the internet through cable, she unplugged the lan and put it in the lappy but the lappy puts an icon at the botton saying mini port connected to unknown provider limited or no connection and she cant conect, its runnung vista and am not well up on it, it also shows an icon for the lan tried repair but no change.

The lappy is also wireless so searched and found my router in my house and it connected but if i unplug her lan cable the internet goes off even though she is connected to my router wirelessly

Thanks Derek

Devilfish
27th September, 2008, 02:54 PM
Try disabling the wireless if you intend you use the LAN perminantly.

That sounds like a wierd one. :hmmmm:

Derekwd
27th September, 2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the reply Devilfish m8, but tried that and your right it is a strange one, dont know what this mini port is cant find it any were on lappy, but its deffo using the lan aswell cause if i unplug lan the mini port then says no connection, its as though its going through the lan then the mini port then comp but as the mini port cant do internet so its not letting it connect, very strange lol

edit: have swiched off wireless but no different.
Cheers Derek

shady77
28th September, 2008, 10:16 AM
hi, i take it your using vermin media. for some reason, whenever i try and hook up a new comp to the router either wirelessly or through lan, i have to use their software. try doing that and then delete their software like i did.

TobieGood
31st August, 2009, 03:56 PM
I found I had to re run network setup on original network and then on the new pc/laptop to get it to work. Worked fine after that