PDA

View Full Version : Fenix 5 in old volvo

honingkoning
10th April, 2020, 09:44 PM
Guys I am struggling with a Fenix 5 in a old Volvo (S113727100 E) I use Renault decoder from codecard.lt
I used to use this a lot (couple years ago) on Fenix 5 en Renault sagem ecu and it always worked great.
But this Volvo with Renault ecu is some kind of pain in the ass.
I tried several programs and light stil blinking, so immo active.
Is this Ecu different then other Fenix 5?
I can remember I did a Volvo couple years ago and it worked straight fwd.
I used connections for a 1.8 engine (thus is a 1750 cc Volvo engine so I quess this should be ok.

Any one did this, am I doing something wrong?

I connect pin 2 en 3 to gnd
Pin 32 12v,pin 35 immo line
Light bulb on 26 and on 24 another 12v from the tool.

Any idea guys.

Wbr Adam. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200410/1ded7b5873407d3895afec392f25c184.jpg

Meat-Head
10th April, 2020, 09:49 PM
If you stalk codecard it has the fuel pump relay just the windings

try adding t’ relay

honingkoning
10th April, 2020, 10:15 PM
They never mentioned a relax for Felix 5, where to add this relay?

For sagem ecu i used to work with a relay.

Wbr Adam

Meat-Head
10th April, 2020, 10:28 PM
Sorry. You will have to stalk codecard and look

#covid-19 #lockdown

Louislesinge
10th April, 2020, 10:33 PM
Hi,
Meat-Head is right, maybe you should connect +12V through 10W lamp to PIN 48 (instead of the relay, the way i do them on Renault). This helps to see if fuel pump becomes ON and maybe 12V presence is required on PIN 48.
Greetings,

Meat-Head
10th April, 2020, 10:59 PM
Errr can i pull you up on “10 watt” please.

due to #covic 19. We call your 10 watt bulb 12watts. 12/12=1
so your bulb is trying to suck 1 amp* out of ecu - most outputs are maximum 500ma

a relay draws 150ma

*acutual figures slightly less but adjusted slightly due to the earths magnetic field

Louislesinge
10th April, 2020, 11:39 PM
Bigger mistake in the night due to Covid16W!
Tested and dedicated to you Meat-Head, my favourite bedside lamp with 16W bulbs intead of weaky fault lamp and wretched relay coil of 190mA:

honingkoning
11th April, 2020, 08:50 AM
Hi,
Meat-Head is right, maybe you should connect +12V through 10W lamp to PIN 48 (instead of the relay, the way i do them on Renault). This helps to see if fuel pump becomes ON and maybe 12V presence is required on PIN 48.
Greetings,I am trieing like you said, pin 48 came on for the first 30 sec during programming and now it's off, let's finish the process and see what happens.

Wbr

Meat-Head
11th April, 2020, 10:54 AM
Could be 30 seconds priming the fuel pump

honingkoning
11th April, 2020, 01:03 PM
Tried again with 12v and a lamp on pin 48 but same result

Meat-Head
11th April, 2020, 01:13 PM
The only thing i can think of, but you might have to wait until louisingle goes to bed, is the frequency of your flashing verses his?

Fflllaaasssh Fflllaaasssh Fflllaaasssh verses flash flash flash flash flash in say 10 seconds window

can you clear codes with diagnostic computer. Then unplug ecu and hope for best

Louislesinge
11th April, 2020, 01:50 PM
Hi boys,
You woke me up from my nap! ! Don't know what's wrong but i don't use Renault decoder, i do them using the african method, i do send ground fast several times on Eeprom (similar as late night ~~~~~~~, but be careful not to pollute the ECU).

When the Eeprom is touched to ground several times, fuel pump relay begins to turn on. When it goes lucky the two lamps go ON permantly for the fault one and 30s for the relay. Then i cut ignition, wait for fault lamp goes off and remove second 12V.

Meat-Head
11th April, 2020, 02:51 PM
Now you say that think there might be a video on xtube or heavy-r
u

honingkoning
11th April, 2020, 02:54 PM
Hi boys,
You woke me up from my nap! ! Don't know what's wrong but i don't use Renault decoder, i do them using the african method, i do send ground fast several times on Eeprom (similar as late night ~~~~~~~, but be careful not to pollute the ECU).

When the Eeprom is touched to ground several times, fuel pump relay begins to turn on. When it goes lucky the two lamps go ON permantly for the fault one and 30s for the relay. Then i cut ignition, wait for fault lamp goes off and remove second 12V.I have a tms sweeper, I can try like this or the tweezers method.
But it's strange I used this a lot and always correct the first try.

Wbr

honingkoning
11th April, 2020, 11:59 PM
I tested with the sweeper also no result,
After that I tried the tweezer method and after a couple minutes light stays on (no blinking anymore so I assume this worked.
But pin 48 just on for 30 sec and then off, I will test this in the car and keep you updated.

Thanks for now.

Louislesinge
12th April, 2020, 08:33 AM
I tested with the sweeper also no result,
But pin 48 just on for 30 sec and then off,.

Thanks for now.

Re,
This is the normal way it works, in timed mode: after 30s without signal from crankshaft sensor it turns off.

Pyromaniak
12th April, 2020, 03:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efLr4u5Ko0Y&feature=youtu.be

Meat-Head
12th April, 2020, 04:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efLr4u5Ko0Y&feature=youtu.be

You look nothing like you avatar and speak enough English to get by

nice vid thanks

honingkoning
13th April, 2020, 03:47 PM
Guys car is running for 1 sec,
I removed immo pin.
I hear 1 relais always ticking, and ignition cuts off.
I was thinking maybe immo box is giving problems but when I remove immo box starter not running.

Any idea guys.

No dtc active in ecu Btw.

Wbr Adam.

Pyromaniak
13th April, 2020, 03:57 PM
Guys car is running for 1 sec,
I removed immo pin.
I hear 1 relais always ticking, and ignition cuts off.
I was thinking maybe immo box is giving problems but when I remove immo box starter not running.

Any idea guys.

No dtc active in ecu Btw.

Wbr Adam.

Look on pins on ecu for power delivery pins (same like for bench connection) if have + and - same voltage like on batery

Maybe electrical ishue near by ecu in power management (coroded wires in connector or relayor fuses coroded)

Meat-Head
13th April, 2020, 04:36 PM
VAGUE MODE:-

count number of pins on immboliser box -

then GUESS AND ONLY A GUESS unplug immboliser box.

using led test probe, ignition on, you MIGHT see one wire pulses rapidly

This is immo data to/from ecu. Cut it but leave enough so can be rejoined if required
plugg immo box in and stand back, close eyes thrn key see what happens happiness or not

Briankotze
15th April, 2020, 07:07 PM
I was taught do do it on vehicle. Remove sillicone around eeprom. Switch ignition on and use tweezer and run across on both sides of eeprom. Do it multiple times until light goes out. Switch ignition off and on and repeat untill light stays off. Works well for me