PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO UPLOAD A2L WINOLS

kuba94
11th April, 2020, 03:03 PM
hi, i have a2l file for winols but i don't know how to upload it. I also have a mappack project ready but it's not my file project. Please, could someone explain to me how to upload a A2L file so that I could have descriptions on my file. I attach a picture of my winols, maybe it will help someone explain it. Thank you very much.

bobolin4o
11th April, 2020, 03:47 PM
You must have exact A2L file, linked to your exact software... which i doubt...
You probably have a pair of A2L and HEX file for similar system (HW ECU) and ready OLS project based on them...
So, use this project and search the maps in it, which you want to modify, then search similar maps in your current file... voila.

kuba94
11th April, 2020, 04:09 PM
Thank you very much for your reply. I have one more question. Could you tell me how to edit, for example, the map I marked in red? all maps that are detected and marked by winols in blue as in the attached picture, I click and start and unfortunately I can't do it in maps that are not selected

bobolin4o
11th April, 2020, 04:12 PM
First of all - use 2d mode!
Mark and open the map, which you want to modify and go ahead!

kuba94
11th April, 2020, 04:39 PM
I have 2d mode running after selecting the area and clicking on it pops up something like that. What am I doing wrong. Thank you very much for help.

MrStache
11th April, 2020, 05:59 PM
@kuba94

I don't want to sound unkind, but WinOls takes some getting used to.
I speak from experience, I only use it for my personal cars so took a while to learn the basics.
My advice is to watch some youtube video's. I know of at least one YT channel that covers all the basics. It can be found on YT easily.