PDA

View Full Version : Audi a3 2007 dash in safe mode but car starts

keyhacker
12th April, 2020, 01:51 PM
Hows it going everyone.

A friend of mine called me today, he has a 2007 audi A3 1.9 tdi. He has lost his remote key and now only has a spare key that came with the car. The key has no badges etc and is non remote. Im taking it is an aftermarket spare key a previous owner has had made possibly a clone??

Anyways it will start the car no problem but the cluster is saying safe and the windows arent working.

Im about 50 miles away from him and with the current lockdown laws in the uk and the fact that he is in the republic of ireland i cant drive to do another key for him.

however he is a mechanic and has access to vagcom/vcds. im not familiar with vcds what so ever and was wondering if anyone knows how he could go about getting the car out of safe mode with that key to i can get to him to provide a new key.

any help much appericated

comizelu
12th April, 2020, 01:53 PM
The car has immo off.. easy!

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

keyhacker
12th April, 2020, 02:01 PM
The car has immo off.. easy!

then why would the remote key have not had the car in safe mode ?

comizelu
12th April, 2020, 02:02 PM
then why would the remote key have not had the car in safe mode ?Because that one was programmed to the dash.

keyhacker
12th April, 2020, 02:05 PM
so is there anyway of programming that through vagcom until i program him a remote key to the dash because both front windows are down

comizelu
12th April, 2020, 02:05 PM
I had one before like that.
Key programmed and no "safe" in dash but not starting (starting for 1sec).
The cluster had different immo I'd,vin,pin from ECU.
I immo off ecu. Car was starting with any key just it was showing safe apart from the programmed one.

keyhacker
12th April, 2020, 02:06 PM
actually come to think of t through the central electronics he should be able to command the windows up through vagcom??

comizelu
12th April, 2020, 02:09 PM
Don't think it will work.
Also need dealer key and pin to be able to program key with vcds but because ECU is immo off probably is not going to work.

volorucinski
12th April, 2020, 02:12 PM
The remote is still paired with the ipc, it seems like. Good that the car is still starting, isn't it? :)

Comizelu was faster on answering to it. What ecu type is on that car? You have to make it back to immo on and reprogram the key after.

comizelu
12th April, 2020, 02:17 PM
Tell him to put the key in the door lock and hold it to lock position. This may be the only way to raise the windows..

volorucinski
12th April, 2020, 02:22 PM
Tell him to put the key in the door lock and hold it to lock position. This may be the only way to raise the windows..

It may be resync with the ccm that way. Might work...

comizelu
12th April, 2020, 02:43 PM
It may be resync with the ccm that way. Might work...He has one key without remote..

volorucinski
12th April, 2020, 04:23 PM
Good point on that. Why I didn't remember thaat?

HeXeN
14th April, 2020, 04:06 PM
SAFE in A3 also means that id48 has been add to dash with pin only - but without precoding id48 with last security byte read from working key.

comizelu
14th April, 2020, 06:51 PM
SAFE in A3 also means that id48 has been add to dash with pin only - but without precoding id48 with last security byte read from working key.It doesn't accept the key if is not proper dealer key!