PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Dodge Caliber immobilizer light on solid no crank no start

keycutters
13th April, 2020, 12:51 AM
Hello friends, need some expert advice from you.
I have a Dodge Caliber 2007 model with all lost keys, I have successfully programmed one key to the vehicle after erasing all old keys, but when I try starting the vehicle, the immobilizer indicator light goes off after about 5 seconds after turning on ignition and then comes back and stays on solid. car then will not crank let alone start.
Question.
1, I read somewhere that said minimum number of keys to be programmed is 2 and max is 8, is my problem coming from the fact that I have only programmed one key?
2, could it also be an anti theft security thing and how then can I solve it
Note: I have done hard reset with battery terminals joined together, changed the starter relay, will try latter the door lock cycle thin as well to see
any technical help is well appreciated
as customer waits on me to do magic

Meat-Head
13th April, 2020, 12:57 AM
I have a Dodge Caliber 2007 model with all lost keys,
any technical help is well appreciated
as customer waits on me to do magic

1) as the world is in Coronavirus lockdown lost key should be
In owners house, worsecase greenhouse

2) car has corna virus, tiger in zoo got it

3) not like your a high profile poster.

4) look for thread “lockdown begins” or similar- read rapidlocksmith posts

keycutters
13th April, 2020, 01:04 PM
Thanks Meat,
But I choose faith over fear, not faith in the sense of being careless and wreckless, but faith that beyond this corona virus pandemic, our chosen profession will still live one for both ourselves and other generations, with slightly enhance way of practice.
Again this platform holds the database to knowledge shared over the period of practice and existence of the platform, that said I believe knowledge sharing should continue, mainly because of the respect we give to the profession.
I personally did not want to comment because of the reverence I give to veterans of the profession but thinking of what we stand to loose when we die out because of Covid, I believe if covid was a person, we should show him/her that we are more resiliant than that.
My condolence to all those who have expired in this times and to all the relatives of professional who have also exited.....This to shall pass
Thanks

rob h
13th April, 2020, 02:28 PM
Best to add second key.
If not in stock, try keydiy (old nb) or vvdi keys.

sleepyrz
13th April, 2020, 06:23 PM
not a ford

doesnt need second key

what programmer are you using

if immo light is on then you did not do something correctly

keycutters
13th April, 2020, 07:02 PM
Hello sleep..
I did the programming with X100 pro, tried skp900 and ck100 and both did not connect to the vehicle for some reason, I have successfully programme same model of vehicle in time past with skp900, never had to use x100 pro till this vehicle.

madsci69
13th April, 2020, 10:15 PM
Do you have a way to scan it? It could be a communication error to the computer or skim. Especially if other key programmers are not communicating. I am not familiar with X100, but I have used autopropad successfully to program many Dodge.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

madsci69
13th April, 2020, 10:15 PM
not a ford

doesnt need second key

what programmer are you using

if immo light is on then you did not do something correctlyCorrect Dodge only needs a single key.

Jobeso66
14th April, 2020, 05:07 PM
I agree with
Madsci 69. Run your scan tool on PCM and immobilizer,
We don’t know if you got the correct key/transponder , Is it OEM, or aftermarket , ?
You are getting comm on 1 way only ((Tx) since x100 deleted keys from immo

Try FVDI (hard to believe) can take of programming of your vehicle easily
It very good on tough cases like these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keycutters
15th April, 2020, 12:18 PM
OK so update,
suspected immobilizer was faulty so got new one, extracted vin number and matched it to that of the PCM and programmed new key and problem solved.
thanks.

Meat-Head
15th April, 2020, 12:23 PM
Nice for an update, now that fixed, see howmany fk thanks you can do in the next 10 hours

Jobeso66
16th April, 2020, 07:58 AM
OK so update,
suspected immobilizer was faulty so got new one, extracted vin number and matched it to that of the PCM and programmed new key and problem solved.
thanks.

What did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madsci69
18th April, 2020, 03:25 PM
So did the x100 corrupt the immobilizer, or did the problem exist beforehand? I am not familiar with the x100, but I've used the Auto Pro Pad very successfully.