PDA

View Full Version : problem with skoda octivia 2006 dash

martiboy
10th January, 2010, 11:21 PM
Hi im having some problems with a 2006 skoda octivia. Im trying to adjust the mileage but it isint doing anything. Im useing a tacho univerisal. I first tryed doing it through the obd port and it will find the speedo and give the current mileage but when i try to change it says ok and my screen on the unit goes blank and stays like that until i unplug it. I also removed the speedo and it has a 24c32 eeprom inside so i removed it from the board and cliped it. When im reading it the display on my unit say KM error and reads the current mileage as 000000. Has any body any ideas to what it could be thanks.

matarelec
11th January, 2010, 12:42 AM
Hi im having some problems with a 2006 skoda octivia. Im trying to adjust the mileage but it isint doing anything. Im useing a tacho univerisal. I first tryed doing it through the obd port and it will find the speedo and give the current mileage but when i try to change it says ok and my screen on the unit goes blank and stays like that until i unplug it. I also removed the speedo and it has a 24c32 eeprom inside so i removed it from the board and cliped it. When im reading it the display on my unit say KM error and reads the current mileage as 000000. Has any body any ideas to what it could be thanks.
please online with me and i will tell you what to do.
messenger:
matarelec@yahoo.com

mlulic
11th January, 2010, 02:25 AM
You need to keep information from instrument cluster parts number.Need post eprom here

drpeter
11th January, 2010, 07:26 AM

I think your Octavia is after june 2006, you need a tool that can do SKODA 07UP-CDC3272 (Micronas MCU)

Regards,

Peter

PremierD
11th January, 2010, 08:41 AM

R250s programmer required to do this dash mate ....sorry

martiboy
11th January, 2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks everyone who helped. The cluster was made on 16/6/2006 so yeh i think i need a new programer. Is the mileage still stored in the 24c32 eeprom and also does anyone know a good place to get a hold of one. I remember reading something in the past about them that it had to be red or blue but cant remember thanks again everyone.

PremierD
11th January, 2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone who helped. The cluster was made on 16/6/2006 so yeh i think i need a new programer. Is the mileage still stored in the 24c32 eeprom and also does anyone know a good place to get a hold of one. I remember reading something in the past about them that it had to be red or blue but cant remember thanks again everyone.

It's stored in the Micronas Micro mate ... with a Copy in the 24c32.....There are lots of them mate .... All pretty much of a muchness.... ECU tools /OBD factory ... Are the suppliers I would use mate ...

melcool
11th January, 2010, 08:07 PM

martiboy what you remember was a discussion about CAS3 programmer... you need R250