PDA

View Full Version : EWS systems secured masks.

g5n14
19th April, 2020, 05:52 AM
Hello Everyone!

I have a general question about EWS security systems, dont have any particular customer, just planning to get some and doing my homework which is IMHO 100% necessary in our business to sleep well 😂‚

I’m not new to BMW immo systems, done tons of CAS modules (all of them), but I was aside from old EWS since I was mostly doing mileage correction jobs. Right now planning to get into key business and, as mentioned above, doing the homework and “covering” the local market. CAS and FEM/BDC is well covered by R270+Yanhua ACDP+XProg M. To cover EWS i got the AK90+, also XProg got the K-Line adapter for 0D46J.

Right now the main question.
All clear about EWS2, mcu is not secured and, in most of the cases, it is 0D46J mask which goes either by AK90 or Xprog M K-line or even Carprog easily.

About EWS4 also pretty clear, 2L86D and r270 with adapter got it safely.

But what about EWS3?

As I understood after reading all the posts on various forums there are 0D46J, 2D46J, 1D46J, 1D47J and 2D47J mcu masks in those modules and some of them are secured and erase easily after reading attempt.

Here comes the question to all experienced people out here: which of those masks are secured and needs to be programmed out of the board? Only 2D46J and 1D46J or also the 47s?

The only tools which are 100% reliable with those are Orange 5 and ETL? And which are safe to go with AK90 or Xprog?

Thanks a lot for your answers and please correct me if I got something wrong, most of the post is the question, not a statement.

g5n14
19th April, 2020, 05:59 AM
And also, among EWS3 what is the Most common mcu mask and what is the rarest?

rob h
19th April, 2020, 09:45 AM
0D47J is my guess.

Best to buy a ews, that you can swapp out, in case you loose data from a 2D47J.
Or buy a orange5 prog, skip sec,

jakesman
19th April, 2020, 10:32 AM
2D47J that one is the problem , but i must say i use AK90 and never did it erase that chip , maybe just lucky , have done a lot of EWS3 AK90 never gave me any problem , pins must just be clean
1D46J and 2D47J is what i have seen , i never had a 1D47J