PDA

View Full Version : BMW 320d E90 2006 - Unmatched key N in kess v2

Daniel Tudor
26th April, 2020, 08:33 AM
Hello everyone!
Having this annoyng problem: I just bought the kess v2 and it don't let me write the file in my ecu (edc16c35, protocol 164). Everytime it says: Unmatched key N.
I searched over the internet, but nothing helped me. Do you know what is the reason of this error and how to solve it?

The car is a BMW 320d e90 from 2006, engine M47TU2.
I have successfully read and write the file in the past with mpps, but now I need to do it with kess v2, please help, thanks in advance!

F4STuning
26th April, 2020, 09:11 AM
Check if is dll problem.

JoeBB
26th April, 2020, 10:56 AM
its a file problem different sw

Daniel Tudor
26th April, 2020, 01:36 PM
https://imgur.com/a/MMtlDuq
Please look here, SW is the same.
It also don't let me write a file which I was able to write using mpps.

smotorsport
26th April, 2020, 05:36 PM
Yes you can't write file read with mpps with kess v2. Kess reads some things before the begining of the file itself, so you need to read it with kess, copy the modifications to the new read and then write it :)

Daniel Tudor
26th April, 2020, 07:56 PM
It makes sense now...thank you!

Now I want to ask you all something else, maybe you know about the problem.
Car: Bmw 320d E90 2006 M47TU2 163hp stock

Recently i got it remapped at a tunning shop to:
DPF OFF / EGR OFF / 195HP 410Nm
After remap, I experience an issue as follows:

Let's say i am in 3rd gear and floor it, the car pushes very well, as a 195hp car. As I mentioned, I did kickdown.
The problem appears when revs reaches 4000rpm. When reaching this rpm, the car enters in a weird kind of limp mode, because if I want to do it again (kickdown in same gear), the car feels like 150hp.
If I don't rev it over 4000 rpm, it is not entering in limp mode.

Notes:
Turbo reaches 2760mbar even if it is or not in limp mode when I kickdown.
The rail pressure is the same even when the car is or not in limpmode.
The requested and actual rail pressure and boost pressure are the same.
The injection quantity is 78mg when it pushes hard (as a 195hp) and the injection is max 55mg when it is in limpmode.

I have to mention that there are no error codes on ista+.
Do you have any ideas why it limits the power and how to sove it as time as i have no error codes?
I also mention that 2 different tuners worked on my file, none of them found problems in the file itself.
Thank you!

jurebv
26th April, 2020, 08:00 PM
either your tuners suck or car has mechanical issues

Daniel Tudor
27th April, 2020, 07:59 AM
either your tuners suck or car has mechanical issues

Thank you for your answer.
About the mechanical problems:
Limp mode (when it feels like 150hp): https://i.imgur.com/4dDRZ9P.jpg
With no limpmode: https://i.imgur.com/jKCKGcm.jpg
As you can see, it seems like there is enough air/diesel. If until these points everything is fine, what other mechanical problem could be? I mean:
The rail is enough supplied with diesel + the intake manifold is enough supplied with air. After these points, there is only the entering in the combustion chamber, right? I can't see any mechanical problem from that point (only the CR injectors, but they are fine)...

About the tuners:
I'am sure they know what they are doing, because they already did this to hundred of cars like mine (and never had such a problem).

And my quesiton about ECU remap, because I am currently a begginer here and you know a lot more:
Is is possible to hide torque limiters in the map?
I mean, I know the stock map has some factory torque limiters, tuners know about it to solve it when increasing engine torque, but what if someone hides other torque limiters in the map? Is it possible to do this if you want?

Thank you all, hope I will solve it, because it's weird to have a limp mode with no DTC codes.

P.S.: I also put the factory file on my ECU, because I tought that someone disabled some DTC codes and that's why I got no error in limpmode, but no, i still don't get any error codes, even with the factory file (only DTC for DPF, because it is phisically removed).

smotorsport
28th April, 2020, 12:44 PM
Upload tuned file so I can check it.

Daniel Tudor
28th April, 2020, 03:48 PM
Upload tuned file so I can check it.

Hi, here is the file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZVN8Bexj3HCshlDU4rS-PfZNXaA8jU4S

Quick question: I read the file using mpps v18. It will work to write it with mpp v16?

smotorsport
28th April, 2020, 03:59 PM
Don't know for sure, never used v18.

smotorsport
28th April, 2020, 04:12 PM
Is the DPF mechanically removed? Because it isnt't deleted properly in file?

Daniel Tudor
28th April, 2020, 04:21 PM
Is the DPF mechanically removed? Because it isnt't deleted properly in file?

Yes, the DPF is phisically removed (DPF removed and Downpipe added).
In downpipe there is a single hole, for oxygen sensor.
The pressure sensor and temperature sensor from the exhaust, they are still connected to vehicle, but they are not added inside the exhaust, they are just connected and left in the engine space.

What do you mean, how the DPF is not correctly removed?

alonedark
28th April, 2020, 05:24 PM
163 whith dpf :congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats: trolls many spanish trolls

Daniel Tudor
28th April, 2020, 05:29 PM
163 whith dpf :congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats: trolls many spanish trolls
I don't understand, what do you mean?

alonedark
28th April, 2020, 05:32 PM
coņo pues ponlo en espaņol

Daniel Tudor
28th April, 2020, 06:11 PM
coņo pues ponlo en espaņol
What to put in spanish?