PDA

View Full Version : 16 audi A4 AKL, having issues

sublimation77
30th April, 2020, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone, trying to make keys to this 16 A4 sports package but can't read bcm2 with vvdi2, and with vag obd helper it pulled immo data, and ecu after forcing ignition on. But after sending to server and trying to calculate it comes back saying failed something about car not in proper state. Anyone have any ideas? Would be much appreciated.

comizelu
30th April, 2020, 04:32 PM
Hello everyone, trying to make keys to this 16 A4 sports package but can't read bcm2 with vvdi2, and with vag obd helper it pulled immo data, and ecu after forcing ignition on. But after sending to server and trying to calculate it comes back saying failed something about car not in proper state. Anyone have any ideas? Would be much appreciated.I think you're on the wrong car.. cannot be done akl..

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

lem2
30th April, 2020, 04:39 PM
2016 is rather A4 B9. It seems to me that only a dealer can help.

p1et
30th April, 2020, 04:57 PM
Try calculate data from OBD helper later / tomorrow.

Once I had Golf 7 and couldn't calculate, there was same issue smh like 'wrong vehicle status'. But I tried few days later and all good.

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

immoneard
30th April, 2020, 06:03 PM
Do you know is it B8 or B9 ,
For B9 there is not aftermarket tool that can do this key .

sublimation77
6th May, 2020, 09:47 PM
Try calculate data from OBD helper later / tomorrow.

Once I had Golf 7 and couldn't calculate, there was same issue smh like 'wrong vehicle status'. But I tried few days later and all good.

Interesting, I'm hoping I have same luck, did you reset battery or anything?

p1et
6th May, 2020, 09:51 PM
Interesting, I'm hoping I have same luck, did you reset battery or anything?No I didnt. But I shared connection from my phone to laptop via Bluetooth to have more stable connection than I had 1st time from my workshop WiFi. Not sure it helped because 1st time I tried calculate in car with 50% signal strength and it failed so then I took my laptop next to router and it failed also so I don't think it was connection problem.

All this is kinda interesting how this tool work and how they calculate all this data so I guess it might be kinda normal that 1 day it work and the other do not

sublimation77
6th May, 2020, 09:53 PM
Do you know is it B8 or B9 ,
For B9 there is not aftermarket tool that can do this key .

i'm honestly not sure, it is slot ignition but I guess b9 can have this as well. I will have to look at body/interior more closely, but if anyone wants to let me know based off of below info :) P.S. It has bcm 2 2.0
VIN WAUFFAFL4GN008113

Trim
2.0T quattro Premium Plus

Body
Sedan

Engine
I4

Displacement

Transmission
Auto

Doors

Layout
AWD

Fuel
Gaso

sublimation77
6th May, 2020, 09:54 PM
No I didnt. But I shared connection from my phone to laptop via Bluetooth to have more stable connection than I had 1st time from my workshop WiFi. Not sure it helped because 1st time I tried calculate in car with 50% signal strength and it failed so then I took my laptop next to router and it failed also so I don't think it was connection problem.

All this is kinda interesting how this tool work and how they calculate all this data so I guess it might be kinda normal that 1 day it work and the other do not

Useful info!

ghitab
6th May, 2020, 11:16 PM
If you write correct VIN car ia a6 or a7

sublimation77
6th May, 2020, 11:27 PM
If you write correct VIN car ia a6 or a7

Its right vin and definitely an a4, it is sport package though.

ghitab
6th May, 2020, 11:58 PM
Strange, have picture with bcm2?

sublimation77
7th May, 2020, 12:43 AM
Strange, have picture with bcm2?

no, I can take some next time I go

brobble
7th May, 2020, 05:58 AM
I checked your vin, your car is modelyear 2016, produced on 28.07.2015 and definetly an A4 8K Facelift (B8). So it must have an bcm2 and vag helper should work on this car. And because I can get data from car it is not locked (stolen).

Good luck.

Greets MR...

immoneard
8th May, 2020, 06:46 PM
It looks like you have B8 , so VAG helper should read it .

MarkPRP
10th May, 2020, 09:07 PM
most reason vag helper does not calc is because car already has none oem key

sublimation77
13th May, 2020, 01:52 AM
Haven't been back to the car due to coronavirus auction isn't doing much... But does anyone know if there is a viable way to EEPROM this year model? Last couple times I have tried to EEPROM bcm2 after 2013 I can't get data (those were Q5 though.

sublimation77
16th May, 2020, 12:20 AM
:)

It worked today. Same process as before but obdhelper decided to be helpful this time :)