PDA

View Full Version : FREESAT image for open media box

sirlisterofsmeg
11th January, 2010, 06:40 PM
I am trying to find a decent image purely for FTA satellite channels

Ideally it would have full EPG and allow the RED button to function as a regular FREESAT box

Are there any images out there that can do all of this or would i be better off selling the Open Media box and just buying an official Freesat box

Thanks in advance for any advice

DJSimo
14th January, 2010, 10:36 AM
I am trying to find a decent image purely for FTA satellite channels

Ideally it would have full EPG and allow the RED button to function as a regular FREESAT box

Are there any images out there that can do all of this or would i be better off selling the Open Media box and just buying an official Freesat box

Thanks in advance for any advice

Nabilosat Image will give you a 7 day EPG, but no image supports the red button function, you could look through some of the data channels to find items that are usually on the red button.
Personally if you want freesat get one of the cheap freesat boxes from maplin and use it on the loopthrough from the Openmedia box, then you have the best of both.

sirlisterofsmeg
14th January, 2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks
That is what i thought
I think i might just try and sell the OM box and buy a new Freesat box.
Especially as I-Player (ITV player due later this year) is now available on freesat connected to your network.
What are the benefits of keeping the OM box as opposed to freesat.

Sat-Shop
14th January, 2010, 08:32 PM
If you are happy with only the FTA channels and wanting to benifit from the current and future interactive players, red button etc. etc. then very little benefit and you'd be a lot better off going for the genuine freesat receiver...

Now if you were to ever be more interested in the sub channels and even considered going for a motorised dish etc. then that's when the other box becomes on benefit, but if you're happy with what freesat offers then stick with your plan and get yourself a freesat receiver, or you could always hang on to it and use the 'loop through' as suggested and have both connected at once! :)

sirlisterofsmeg
14th January, 2010, 09:48 PM
I used the box with vermin for ages and had DBox2 before that.
More than had my moneys worth
i moved to an area in leicester not covered by VM until last month and was going to get them to install a TV feed, but after reading the N3 rollout i decided not to bother as i already have a SLY HD sub
I have a Humax HD freesat box in my den and was using the OM as another FTA box in the bedroom.
With the new F1 season just round the corner i wanted to make sure i was ready for this seasons coverage. Especially the Red button practice sessions etc.

Ebay it is then

psats
16th January, 2010, 01:47 PM
I used the box with vermin for ages and had DBox2 before that.
More than had my moneys worth
i moved to an area in leicester not covered by VM until last month and was going to get them to install a TV feed, but after reading the N3 rollout i decided not to bother as i already have a SLY HD sub
I have a Humax HD freesat box in my den and was using the OM as another FTA box in the bedroom.
With the new F1 season just round the corner i wanted to make sure i was ready for this seasons coverage. Especially the Red button practice sessions etc.

Ebay it is then

you still get bbc red button on this box there under btservices