PDA

View Full Version : Which pick for Audi Q2 ?

u.s
7th May, 2020, 07:40 PM
Hi Chaps,
Anyone know what key profile this is please and which lishi to use?
2018 Audi Q2

Many thanks

p1et
7th May, 2020, 08:42 PM
I think it must be newest version of HU162T(10).

u.s
7th May, 2020, 09:32 PM
Is the 10 cut for vehicles with keyless stop/start?
This vehicle isn't keyless type.
So possibly HU162T 8 cut?

rapidlocksmiths
7th May, 2020, 11:02 PM
if not keyless the most likely to be the 9 cut , very unlikely to be the 8 cut , ive only seen 8 cut on seat , skoda and a few vw polo

u.s
9th May, 2020, 12:13 AM
Are the side cuts only found in the door lock?

So if we pick the ignition using the Lishi 9 cut for ignition tool and cut key blade, without making the side cuts, this should fit into the ignition, but not the door .

EDIT: found a post by rapidlocksmiths which clears everything up, thanks

u.s
10th May, 2020, 05:10 PM
I think it must be newest version of HU162T(10).

just had a look at this, car door was unlocked so took lock out and had a look and indeed it was the 10 cut lock.
don't have the pick for this yet so will pass, but interested to learn about it.
i'm guessing there is no 10 cut ignition only pick for this lock yet ?

rapidlocksmiths
10th May, 2020, 11:27 PM
the 10 cut lock is used on keyless models and not normally on models using mechanical key , this is due to the key being handed and can only go into the lock 1 way up , as opposed to either way up with the 9 cut , as such the keyless models dont tend to have an ignition lock .

though just because ive never seen a 10 cut with ignition lock doesnt mean they havnt started using one , they have kept the conventional cuts on the key as well in positions 1 to 4 , so its possible but they would have to change their key rules on the side cuts for the key to fit in an ignition any way up.

though possible its a new keyless model with an ignition as well , where ignition only used in emergency or when coding . if the case once mr li is sent a 10 cut ignition he will make the tool