PDA

View Full Version : Ford keyless go programming

rob h
10th May, 2020, 11:16 AM
Hello guys,

need to make a spare, on a Ford Focus.
The key, with inserted Hu101 blade, is a keyless.
Curved like a banana style.
Should be able to created a new key with xhorse proximity.

How do i program these, and is there a remote programming procedure?
Or is that instant, after key programming.
Have not visited the car, where is the reading coil hidden?
Center console, steering colum, start button?

Ford Focus Fiesta Mondeo 3 button key FCC ID 3M5T 15K601

Tools, I have Ford ids, online, and in and out calculator, and obdstar

Any tips and tricks,

Greetings Robbert

rapidlocksmiths
10th May, 2020, 11:27 AM
these program in 2 parts , you program the remote and prox part diagnosticly , you then program the emergency transponder in the ignition diagnosticly . i tend too use AD kit on these as nothing ive found is better on ford than AD , but should be fine with ids.

comizelu
10th May, 2020, 11:33 AM
I've heard that xhorse doesn't work for these.
The transponder reader is on the steering column where the ignition is on cars with bladed keys.
I programmed a few of these lonsdor,truecode worked fine but I used original used keys..

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

madsci69
10th May, 2020, 04:01 PM
I had recently programmed a Ford Edge Titanium. It would refuse to accept xhorse key, or even an OEM refurbished key. Had to be a brand new OEM. On other Ford vehicles xhorse works fine, but I have noticed it being picky on certain models. Possibly the Focus would be the same.

I didn't try an xhorse remote with a Focus, but it did take a refurbished key, so it may accept xhorse. I would imagine the system may see the keys similarly, but it is just a theory. I think it is the paddle style key you are talking about, where the transponder and remote program separately. On Autel it programs the transponder first, then prox remote.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk