PDA

View Full Version : Kess clone EDC17CP14

Skrotesson
14th May, 2020, 10:07 PM
Hi.

I´ve been spending the last nights searching this forum and other sites for some info before I kill my OEM ECU.

Just bought a Kess V2 master clone with ktag and hope to solve my issue with a faulty EGT input in the ECU.

The car is a 2010 Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI CR 4x4 (CBBB / EDC17CP14), understand that it has tuningprotection.

Been trying to read the original file with OBD but it fails. Next step is to open the ECU and try to read the original file in boot mode?

What´s the next step without frying the ECU?

Would like to have a stage 1 tune (have cold air intake and turbo muffler delete on the turbo outlet), EGR, DPF and DTC "P242A" off.

Helpfull for any help I can get, it´s my first time with clones.

teerak2uk
15th May, 2020, 01:33 AM
What version kess you using you might be able to post id and see if someone has original for it and you can get original modded and write it
Over obd

Skrotesson
15th May, 2020, 07:22 AM
I’m using Kess 2.47 and the ID from the ECU is:

SW:1037504919
Upg: SW 03L906022TQ 5750
System: R4 2,0 EDC canvag - int flash

Lambda1
15th May, 2020, 09:49 AM
You cant read obd because kess (original) will do virtual read on them.
With clone things you need to open and read bootmode.

Skrotesson
15th May, 2020, 10:10 AM
So it’s safe to read / write in boot mode with my clone, if I buy the right tune file for boot mode?

Used to work with original tuning hardware, but it was 7-8 years ago and not Kess.

If I buy one file with the virtual read, can I write it with the clone?

JoeBB
15th May, 2020, 10:20 AM
Stop. open ecu carefully , and do read in boot mode ( this way you have a full backup) if it reads it will write. Dont flash ori from anyone etc. use your own read! it ll be fine, thousands of people use china clone kess and make money here on forum

Skrotesson
16th May, 2020, 09:35 PM
Opened the ECU today and someone has been inside it before me.
It was too easy to get the lid off and the most annoying is that there´s no connection on the boot pin (no contact after the desoldering step).

Gonna have it fixed and try to upload the file in hope that someone can tell me what´s been done with my "original tune".

Vikenzo
16th May, 2020, 09:54 PM
Kess v2.47 minimum speed, rewrite original file to car then u will available to make a change