PDA

View Full Version : W211 IM608 fails , question about keyless start with VVDI keys

Matronix
16th May, 2020, 08:02 PM
Benz W211 2002 - tried to add key. Could not do smart function, tried manual selection and expert but all no go. Won't even read EIS data except if I try EIS data using IR adapter. But that won't work for password so quite useless... Anybody any idea? Will do bench monday but would rather skip removing the EIS from this car (not that easy accessable). IM608 had connection with car, read gateway with VIN, etc. Abrites/AVDI could alsno not read EIS/EZS but I never used it so far in OBD situation so I don't wan't to put any conclusions to that (another heavy investment waiting to put to use, have to spend some time with it yet).

Also... this car has a remote start button (besides standard IR slot) which works with same key. Will VVDI keys work with this system as well? Remote Start (just key in your pants, Mercedes had that long time ago already it seems). It's a W211 from 2002 (E500).

https://youtu.be/RyocQupPzkg

madsci69
16th May, 2020, 11:31 PM
I don't think VVDI key would work, it would not be able to be programmed since you still need to insert into IR slot during programming process. Their original key for the vehicle is still working?

I would try AKL fast method with GBox if you have it. But if AVDI and Autel both fail, there may be another issue.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Matronix
17th May, 2020, 01:45 AM
Might still be better to pull the lock then. Will have all the stuff with me monday so all options are open :) And yes, they had one working key, but FOB don't work, will test or this is remote issue or sync issue (or antenna, in the car, then the new key won't work either)

Matronix
17th May, 2020, 12:04 PM
as an addition to my post I will share my findings for future use by others: This key is a little different to the ones I came across so far. It has no switches on the board, pushed / operated by the FOB press points. The switches are in the actual FOB casing and there is a fixed board with print lanes which are connected to the print board by the white plastic holding tab as found in all older Benz keys. Only this time, we have 4 guidance / connection points on this tab. This is prone of failure ofcours, the lanes in the key I have here are partially gone and the connections which go via the tab are bad as well. Looking up the number on the board in fob up on the internet gave me nada, zip, zero... so finding replacement parts seems to be a really hard to acomplish.

This may also have been reason that the EIS data was not standard accessable, since it might be this system is just that little different. Might be we can make a key on the bench, but maybe it is even better to walk away and not temper with things that cannot be fixed afterwards due to a complete lack of info on this system (if it is that much different).

Matronix
17th May, 2020, 12:06 PM
the board and the connection tab715282

madsci69
19th May, 2020, 02:24 AM
the board and the connection tab715282Maybe it's fixable, but like anything it is taking a risk, since you're not able to add another key in.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

immoneard
19th May, 2020, 05:10 AM
It is keyless key , I have seen it may times those keys. The thing is you can make regular key but keyless will not work, I do not think any of the aftermarket keys has keyless.
Car is 2002 and that how keyless was in those car , at transmission shifter , not like new cars where ignition is with push button .
And also I think no one make solution to renew used key.

For make a key , best will be pull igntion and read hc12 Motorola with programmer, then you can make key very easy .

Jimmy07
19th May, 2020, 09:02 AM
Would VVDI MB do this OBD or better on the bench ?

Matronix
20th May, 2020, 02:29 PM
I just did the car using VVDI/ Abrites . On the car, but not OBD really. Used the IR adapter set and read EIS in about 10 secs. After that took 15 secs aprox to read password. Made the key with ProTagProgrammer in under a minute . Send several reports to Autel after they requested some tests. Propably getting back lots of new requests but this car will be back to it's owner so that will be a no go Autel...

Matronix
20th May, 2020, 02:29 PM
start stop keyless needless to say that is a no go

immoneard
20th May, 2020, 03:45 PM
start stop keyless needless to say that is a no go

You must have Keyless key to be able to use that functions :peaceful:

Matronix
20th May, 2020, 04:18 PM
indeed, but that I don't have and it's too rare to try and source it ;)