PDA

View Full Version : CAS4+ Corrupt

gurmk
17th May, 2020, 03:06 PM
Got called to a BMW 520 Diesel, 2016 with a CAS4+ where someone had tried to add another key.

Remote on the key works and the car will only crank when the key is placed next to the key sign on the Steering Column.

I tried with the VVDI2 but no luck. Took the Ecu and the CAS unit out read both of them on the bench with ACDP and got D_flash and P_flash.

The P_flash from the ECU shows the ISN number but when I tried to add key after the D_flash I get "Can't find ISN from ECU dump"

I have a feeling that the CAS has been corrupted, can some one help by checking the dumps and if possible repair them for me?

Thanks in advance.

doctore
17th May, 2020, 05:07 PM
tr it maybe will work:chuncky:

gurmk
17th May, 2020, 09:48 PM
tr it maybe will work:chuncky:
Tried the above flash and still the same problem. Thanks for trying.
Gurmk

rob h
17th May, 2020, 10:09 PM
Does the new key behave the same as the old key?
Did you cut pcb track, or remove components?

doctore
17th May, 2020, 10:32 PM
Tried the above flash and still the same problem. Thanks for trying.
Gurmk

post isn from ecu

kono
17th May, 2020, 11:21 PM
possible bad key.

gurmk
17th May, 2020, 11:27 PM
@ rob h,
I haven't got that far as to programme key. I suppose I could use the ISN number which was displayed by the ACDP but I'm afraid I'll end up with a key similar to the original one. (Remote working and engine cranking with key next to the steering column, no proximity but not starting) I think I'll give it a go and see what happens.

@ doctore,
ISN Displayed by ACDP: 8DA5A58B56D7A1A7C023FB75865C6612

Gurmk

PixelsFixed
18th May, 2020, 08:52 AM
Bad key? Have you tried another key?

koolstuff
18th May, 2020, 03:28 PM
Hello, give me dflash and pflash from ECU and cas4 label picture, I will make a starting kit for you

doctore
18th May, 2020, 05:42 PM
tr it.......:)

ASCM
18th May, 2020, 09:50 PM
Got called to a BMW 520 Diesel, 2016 with a CAS4+ where someone had tried to add another key.

Remote on the key works and the car will only crank when the key is placed next to the key sign on the Steering Column.

I tried with the VVDI2 but no luck. Took the Ecu and the CAS unit out read both of them on the bench with ACDP and got D_flash and P_flash.

The P_flash from the ECU shows the ISN number but when I tried to add key after the D_flash I get "Can't find ISN from ECU dump"

I have a feeling that the CAS has been corrupted, can some one help by checking the dumps and if possible repair them for me?

Thanks in advance.Need to check if isn in ecu and isn in cas matches

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

gurmk
18th May, 2020, 10:59 PM
tr it.......:)
Thanks for the file but still no good.

gurmk
18th May, 2020, 11:01 PM
Hello, give me dflash and pflash from ECU and cas4 label picture, I will make a starting kit for you

D & P flashes are in the RAR folder at the top and Label attached.

Thanks Gurmk715643

pepi
19th May, 2020, 03:04 PM
Try this flash it is 100%from the same label.

gurmk
19th May, 2020, 06:30 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped but I got it sorted using VVDI2.

If I remember right I went to CAS Key Learn, selected CAS4, then Get Key Info and eventually to "OBD read D/P and exchange CAS4" and after that it was all yesses.

Gurmk

ASCM
19th May, 2020, 08:50 PM
Did you maked any change dflash and pflash
Or just used option in vvdi 2 for relearning of remote keys

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

gurmk
20th May, 2020, 12:03 PM
@ ASCM.
Did not have to do anything else, the original key (No 2) worked straight away did not have to relearn it.
The owner want another key and I added the one I had but didn't work, need to get some from some where.
Any recommendations as to where to get them from?

p1et
20th May, 2020, 12:55 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped but I got it sorted using VVDI2.

If I remember right I went to CAS Key Learn, selected CAS4, then Get Key Info and eventually to "OBD read D/P and exchange CAS4" and after that it was all yesses.

Gurmk

If I remember correctly, this step is explained in VVDI. I mean in last update they added this and explained if new (or old or even both) keys cant start the car after key programming procedure, you need to do this step. Was it like that or you needed to explore by yourself to actually test that function

gurmk
20th May, 2020, 01:14 PM
@ p1et,
The car was a non-starter when I got there, where someone had tried to add another key.
I got the impression that he had corrupted CAS and it was all like you said try every function available.
I only had I new key which did not work after adding and I should have tried the same again to see if it worked.
Still trying to source a good supplier of these keys. Any recommendations?

TERMINATOR1000
20th May, 2020, 01:18 PM
If I remember correctly, this step is explained in VVDI. I mean in last update they added this and explained if new (or old or even both) keys cant start the car after key programming procedure, you need to do this step. Was it like that or you needed to explore by yourself to actually test that function

generally i read it on bench before destructed by obd2 with VVDI2 ! If VVDI2 can repair CAS4+ it's wonderful ...

p1et
20th May, 2020, 01:42 PM
@ p1et,
Still trying to source a good supplier of these keys. Any recommendations?

autokeys
honrow
onlyda

3 of most trusted companies