PDA

View Full Version : CABLE INFO NEEDED FOR KWP2000 ECUplus FLASHER

electronicar
12th January, 2010, 12:48 PM
Hi Guys , does anyone have a manual that explains the different cables that are included with KWP2000 ECU plus FLASHER ?
First cable is a DB9pin to 4 banana plugs , red , black , blue & yellow
Second cable is a cigarette lighter adaptor for car to 2 banana plugs , red & black .
The CD that came with it only has installation software , nothing else .
I need to know when will i use these & what the colours mean , thx ..

bram380
12th January, 2010, 04:40 PM
Perhaps some of this literature (http://www.chiptuners.org/?p=12) can help you.

electronicar
12th January, 2010, 04:44 PM
Thx man ,U R a STAR !

electronicar
12th January, 2010, 10:09 PM
@bram380 - i checked out the files u sent but they are exactly what i have .
There are 4 banana plugs , red, black , yellow , blue that i do not understand , i think red is +12V , black is - GROUND but what is yellow & blue ?
Also would i first try OBDII socket & if it does not work would i then use these banana plugs ?
What about the cigarette lighter adaptor , when would i need that ?
It's not easy when full instructions & info are not included when u buy these things ...:confused:
Thx for your efforts bram380 , much appreciated ..

electronicar
12th January, 2010, 10:24 PM
I finally got the info , here it is if anyone needs it , hope this helps ...

Red = VBAT
Black = GND
Yellow = K-Line
blue = L-Line

12V Lighter to banana
Red = VBAT
Black = GND
12V Lighter connector to red/black 4mm banana connector

Squirrel61
2nd July, 2010, 07:03 AM
The standardized OBD connector provides power to the cable's electronics. But some older cars don't have the standard connector but are instead using their own connections. Eg. Fiat uses a 3-pin plug on older models, which doesn't have a power rail.

So what the adapter cables are for is to make it possible to connect the OBD connector to your non-standard car.

You have to connect the OBD adapter to the OBD cable. Then you can connect the blue and yellow banana jacks to the K- and L-line of your car. And the cigarette lighter plug is to provide the OBD cable with the power that your car's connector doesn't have.

Some cars have a non-OBD connector with more than 3 pins and provide power on this connector. In that case, of course you don't have to use the cigarette lighter plug.

Btw. I own a similar (Chinese clone) cable with adapters, but didn't have the information about the relationship between yellow/blue and K/L (it came without manuals). I could have forked it out with a multimeter if I really needed the adapters (which I don't), but this saves me the searching, so thanks for that! And Bram, thanks for the files that didn't come with my cable but should have!