PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Toyota Rav4

Snecaise68
20th May, 2020, 04:29 AM
I found this group thru Facebook and I'm hoping I can get the info I need. One of my accounts replaced the ecu on a 2001 Rav4 and needed the keys programmed. I've dealt with other years and didn't think this would be different. I've since learned that this is a rare vehicle for the US, because no one knows what is going on with it. I need to get a file that can be used with vvdi prog to reset this immobilizer. Can anyone help? Can I just read the file from the old ecu and write to the new? Thanks.

huseyin0240
20th May, 2020, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=Snecaise68;3874271]I found this group thru Facebook and I'm hoping I can get the info I need. One of my accounts replaced the ecu on a 2001 Rav4 and needed the keys programmed. I've dealt with other years and didn't think this would be different. I've since learned that this is a rare vehicle for the US, because no one knows what is going on with it. I need to get a file that can be used with vvdi prog to reset this immobilizer. Can anyone help? Can I just read the file from the old ecu and write to the new? Thanks.[/QUOTE

Easiest way is to read the eeprom in the ECM from the original one and write it in new one. I know in 1999 lexus gx has ic900 section with an eeprom that I forgot but im pretty sure its same thing maybe with different type of eeprom. once you clone the eeproms or swap them you should be fine.

key4man
20th May, 2020, 10:51 AM
hi
If you need to changed the Ecu computer this can be used to re sync up your keys without the need for the dealer . teak a paper clip and connect pin 4 and 13 on obd for 30 min with switch ignition on
and start the car