PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Saab 9-3 no start. Prior locksmith Improperly installed Twice MCU wrong.

alex_r_2001
20th May, 2020, 06:37 AM
Hello friends.. I just figured I would share this experience for anybody that might be doing one off these jobs in the future... So A 2002 Saab 9-3 came in that was a no start, when I scanned it no communication with twice module... So I opened the module and to my surprise mcu was not properly installed it was rotated to the left so that pin 1 was lining up on the opposite side it was supposed to.. I thought mcu was not going to be any good but I tried anyways and removed it and was able to successfully read it with xprog.. So I loaded into tango and programmed a t5 then wrote the file that tango generated into mcu.... aaaannnndddd nothing still no start but now I had communication so back to the bench I removed mcu again and loaded original files back to mcu because file tango generated actually replaced all they key data with all 00's on the first 2 lines of data... So I wrote original data back to mcu and I used VVDI 2 to generate a dealer key with a super chip and thankfully car started. So it seems like tango want to overwrite data in original file that did not work, Honestly I wish I would have checked with VVDI 2 first because it would have saved me alot of time, it's cool that it does not modify your data it creates original key data from twice mcu... Hopefully in the future this will help somebody out.

p1et
20th May, 2020, 09:03 AM
Thanks for sharing. Never done this one but isn't that strange that Tango create new file to be written into TWICE module? Always thought that cars with transponder which you're able to emulate on T5, do not need to overwrite MCU data when you programming by dump. I know the issue that T5 transponder might have too weak signal to be able to start the car, it's even stated in Tango maker. But you said Tango dump zeroed first 2 lines of data where keys supposed to be written? Strange.