PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas on why MPPS v16 can't write to ecu anymore.

mmartin191
21st May, 2020, 12:39 PM
Hi, i've tried to write to the ecu of a -
2005 Mk5 Golf
2.0 BKD
EDC16

And I haven't had any luck. I've flashed this ecu before and it worked as expected, now with some further alterations to the map, it doesn't flash anymore. I also tried flashing the old ecu file, but that also didn't work.

I'm using a non Genuine MPPS v16 Cable / crack (personal use only) and this has worked many times before.

The only notable difference i can see is that MPPS flashes security access while assessing the ecu - before the write.

I've also made sure that winols doesn't create the checksum - this also doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it?

chrisimerk
21st May, 2020, 01:45 PM
checksum the file with winols then try write in recovery by ticking the recover box in right hand coroner it should force write without checking

regards

mmartin191
21st May, 2020, 01:52 PM
Hi, I tried using recovery and i've re exported the file many times.

Also I've tried to flash my old ecu file and that won't flash either.

The ecu isn't bricked, the car starts and drives, it just won't write anymore.

mmartin191
21st May, 2020, 02:56 PM
Another update -
The ecu can still be read, it's just write that's the issue.

I've tried clearing the checksums off before flashing and letting mpps do the checksum for me, but that doesn't work either.

chrisimerk
21st May, 2020, 03:22 PM
possible mpps faulty if you have tried another ecu and still same problem?

makif96
21st May, 2020, 03:39 PM
Reinstall the App and drivers, it works for me.

mmartin191
21st May, 2020, 04:20 PM
It could be a faulty mpps tbh, although it was working fine a week ago - against the same ecu / car, I've tried reinstalling mpps too, that hasn't worked.

I'm going to try reapplying all my changes to the map on a fresh original file, to see if that makes a difference.