PDA

View Full Version : TPROT question

alentje
30th May, 2020, 12:31 AM
Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding TPROT on EDC17CP14, CP20, CP02. TPROT seems like it isn't really documented that well, and many original tools car list state that it can do them by OBD but in reality they only can with tprot off. Is there any tool that has completely bypassed tprot via OBD, maybe MMS Flex? And what about VR, I have CP20 avaliable in Kess 2.23, is it safe to do with VR and OBD write?

And another question. In Ksuite i have EDC17 VAG and EDC17 VAG TPROT, how can I know what protocol to choose? Tprot is a little bit confusing as no one has a definite answer about it, hope someone can answer.

Mapcraft
30th May, 2020, 01:23 AM
In my experience, I was able to write EDC17CP20, C54 seamlessly through OBD using KESS 2.23.

To choose the correct protocol on EDC17 VAG, you need to see the ECU number (EDC17CP20 for example) and MICRO number.

I hope my answer helps you.

alentje
30th May, 2020, 07:24 AM
I know, but in protocols you have the same ECU under VAG and VAG TPROT. Do I need to try one or another first?

ASCM
31st May, 2020, 06:13 PM
I know, but in protocols you have the same ECU under VAG and VAG TPROT. Do I need to try one or another first?Good questions does anyone know correctly that?

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

morgano
31st May, 2020, 07:16 PM
Depends on sw version of the ecu, but as general rule you try first normal, and if you get “mirco protection removal error” you switch to tprot protocol.

alentje
31st May, 2020, 11:16 PM
Nice to hear, good tip

ASCM
1st June, 2020, 06:54 AM
Depends on sw version of the ecu, but as general rule you try first normal, and if you get “mirco protection removal error” you switch to tprot protocol.If tprot its removed or not,how can we know before opening for ktag. making ecu with kess,
flashing this ecu by obd with kess?

morgano
1st June, 2020, 07:30 AM
Id it by kess, find original bootmode backup on the internet and look for TPROT text string inside the file.

ASCM
1st June, 2020, 07:52 AM
Id it by kess, find original bootmode backup on the internet and look for TPROT text string inside the file.When i id by kess does the kess show if its tprot?

morgano
1st June, 2020, 08:00 AM
When i id by kess does the kess show if its tprot?

No. Only 100% way is look for TPROT text string inside the file.

Or ask here based in KESS ID sw and hw numbers if someone has this original and can check tprot level for you.

As general rule ecus before 2008 have not tprot.