PDA

View Full Version : Request: Software Audit tool for networks

caveman_nige
29th September, 2008, 02:03 PM
Guys

Can anybody recommend a 'free' software audit tool that I can use on a corporate network that will list all applications installed on servers and PCs and not just MS Windows versions and applications, it does not need to cover that Mac stuff or Linux. I need it to be a non intrusive program as the LAN in question is isolated and I cannot permit it to be connected to the wild.

I have a short lead time on this request though as I have an ISO auditor coming in next week to see the results..

Your educated and useful suggestions are greatfully appreciated, mean while I will continue with a handmatic method...

Thanks

Cavey

Foghorn
29th September, 2008, 07:20 PM
have a look at zCI _ Unpredictable Simplicity (http://zci.sourceforge.net/)

caveman_nige
29th September, 2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks, will trial that tomorrow and let you know how i get on,

keithed
2nd October, 2008, 12:13 PM
Microsoft also provide a free audit tool that helps with Licensing etc I'm off work so can't find out anything more but you could always call them. I'll look once I'm back at work and see what I can find.

Cheers Keith.

Ok one to try is MVPCInfo that you can trial.

Thanks, will trial that tomorrow and let you know how i get on,

keithed
5th October, 2008, 07:21 PM
Ok found the free Microsoft Tool called MSIA which can be downloaded from the link below.

Microsoft SAM: MSIA Tool (http://www.microsoft.com/uk/licensing/lessthan250/software-asset-management/resources/msia-tool.mspx)

Best of luck, cheers Keith.

Guys

Can anybody recommend a 'free' software audit tool that I can use on a corporate network that will list all applications installed on servers and PCs and not just MS Windows versions and applications, it does not need to cover that Mac stuff or Linux. I need it to be a non intrusive program as the LAN in question is isolated and I cannot permit it to be connected to the wild.

I have a short lead time on this request though as I have an ISO auditor coming in next week to see the results..

Your educated and useful suggestions are greatfully appreciated, mean while I will continue with a handmatic method...

Thanks

Cavey

caveman_nige
6th October, 2008, 08:02 AM
ended up using winaudit and putting in a scrpit that jobbed it nicely.... It was free and gives loads of info i need..