PDA

View Full Version : Mk6 golf lost abs coding

keyhacker
3rd June, 2020, 01:17 PM
I was doing an akl on a 2010 golf and it's lost the abs coding, I forgot to unplug the abs unit, anyways I have vcds and can re code it but I'm not sure where to get the coding from??

maaxxyy
3rd June, 2020, 01:27 PM
Try rosstech.com

TERMINATOR1000
3rd June, 2020, 04:01 PM
I was doing an akl on a 2010 golf and it's lost the abs coding, I forgot to unplug the abs unit, anyways I have vcds and can re code it but I'm not sure where to get the coding from??

Need ref of ECU + Brakes disques diamètre + motor type + ...
IT S NO UNIVERSAL CODE

p1et
3rd June, 2020, 06:27 PM
To avoid lost of ABS coding, is it enough to disconnect car battery before I unplug dash?

Manta1600
3rd June, 2020, 06:36 PM
Are you sure that you lost the ABS coding or just need basic sttings?

I don't think that when you do key programing on mk6 you can lost the coding

usually you will lost the codding if you put dash from different car or swap ECU kit

p1et
3rd June, 2020, 06:39 PM
I don't think that when you do key programing on mk6 you can lost the coding
usually you will lost the codding if you put dash from different car or swap ECU kit

Of course you can. It's written in every key programming tool manual, to save ABS coding before unplugging dash when you deal with 4th immo.

wembleyhill
3rd June, 2020, 06:44 PM
If you put on ignition without cluster you will loss ABS coding or swap cluster for used one

TERMINATOR1000
3rd June, 2020, 07:27 PM
Of course you can. It's written in every key programming tool manual, to save ABS coding before unplugging dash when you deal with 4th immo.

unplug ABS fuse or ABS plug , or battery ( or use ONLINE tool for fast job )

Manta1600
3rd June, 2020, 08:46 PM

To this moment I never lost the coding - maybe because I never switch the ignition on without connected dash

p1et
3rd June, 2020, 08:47 PM
Thx, I would never actually thought of turning ign. ON without dash :biggrin:

wembleyhill
3rd June, 2020, 09:05 PM
Thx, I would never actually thought of turning ign. ON without dash :biggrin:

I deal with import vehicles ive had a few customers do it trying to change km dial for a dual marked mph/kmh dial

ASCM
3rd June, 2020, 09:29 PM
unplug ABS fuse or ABS plug , or battery ( or use ONLINE tool for fast job )Which tool its better for reading abs long coding string, before we make programming in the system?

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

whiskeyman
3rd June, 2020, 10:19 PM
vcds 5 mins to save all info

TERMINATOR1000
3rd June, 2020, 10:21 PM
Which tool its better for reading abs long coding string, before we make programming in the system?

VCDS is the cheapest

lion0304
3rd June, 2020, 10:52 PM
In X300, when i choose 4th immo AKL, there are an option to save ABS coding before any programming.

keyhacker
4th June, 2020, 08:12 AM
Just to update, I have aa mac tools tablet, it's build on the launch platform, I had a look through the menus and found online coding functions, 5 mins later job done. I'm not sure if the launch version would have the same functions or have mac tools took it and made it better but pulled me out of a hole

ASCM
4th June, 2020, 04:27 PM
Look in menu of launch ,does it have
Abs/esp flash upgrade?