PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Vito ECU Dead EDC16CP31 - HELP PLEASE :(

KDScunny
3rd June, 2020, 05:06 PM
Hi Guys,

I went to remap a Vito 120CDI (3.0 v6) for a regular customer of mine, I have genuine Kess v2 (v3.9 currently) that I use for 95% of my work but I also have some other leads for edge cases such as MPPS/FGtech etc.

I first tried to ID and read the van using Kess and I was met with "unmatched key n". Speaking with my usual file supplier we figured this was unusual but as it is an EDC16 I could go ahead and try with MPPS instead as Alientech were shut for support on the weekend.

I went ahead and read the file with MPPS no problem, we could see it had already been tuned and thought that maybe it being locked out was the reason as in the past MPPS is good at bulldozing over these locks. We went ahead and tuned the file anyway as there was some more to gain on this van. When writing the file back on with MPPS I was met with an error at 100% "Conditions not Correct". After this the van wouldn't start. I got a brand new .ori file for the correct software number and MPPS flashed this on but it still wouldn't start. I could not get MPPS to write the original file back on without erroring so I left it with the .ori file and took it to the bench.

This ECU doesn't have a seperate eeprom (boo!) but I was able to take a full backup and see that it had infact correctly written the .ori file from alientech. I re-wrote this file (EXTFLASH only) thinking maybe it was an issue using an alientech file with mpps and then after that the van not only would start but will not communicate through obd at all with any of my tools even delphi.

I have tried untold combinations including flashing the original mpps read on with ktag and all the same result, van won't start and no communication via obd.

I saw somebody with a very similar problem listed here - https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/309958-MB-Sprinter-ECU-PROBLEM and a wizard by the name of easytech was able to resolve the issue. I can see that they have not been online for over a year so I am hoping somebody here can now help me. I currently have a potentially incredibly expensive repair bill if I am unable to get this ECU communicating again.

Attached is the files I have in ZIP

1037386799.Bin - Original MPPS read of the van while it was functioning fine before we touched it
(Mercedes Vito Version_#01)-KD-.bin - The new tweaked file I attempted to write on with MPPS which started this whole problem (this is ideally the tune calibration I wan't to keep)
BDM - The full backup from when I took the ecu back home to bench, containing a .ori file for the software number
BDM.FLS - The EXTFlash file saved seperately from the first bench
BDM.MPC - The Micro file saved seperately from the first bench

I know the spirit of this forum isn't paid etc. But this is likely to cost me in excess of £600+ labour to sort this out with a replacement full kit plus any other headaches of programming milage etc etc. So I will happily fund a succesful fix!

Thanks!
KD Scunny

easytech
3rd June, 2020, 09:08 PM
I will take a look tomorrow afternoon

Paul

proel
3rd June, 2020, 10:00 PM
write this flash file over BDM
pass = tnx + rep

KDScunny
4th June, 2020, 12:44 AM
write this flash file over BDM
pass = tnx + rep

Hi Mate I don't understand what you mean by the password?

Thanks
Oly

KDScunny
4th June, 2020, 12:44 AM
I will take a look tomorrow afternoon

Paul

Thanks so much! Fingers crossed you can work your magic again as I have hit dead ends with my usual file suppliers.

proel
4th June, 2020, 07:12 AM
Hi Mate I don't understand what you mean by the password?

Thanks
Oly

To get password for file click on thanks and reputation icon.

KDScunny
4th June, 2020, 09:19 AM
Ok... I can do that but surely need to know if will fix it 😅. I don't think can do it on phone so will have to on the laptop

KDScunny
4th June, 2020, 09:47 AM
To get password for file click on thanks and reputation icon.

All done buddy please send me the password I have the bench setup ready to flash

KDScunny
4th June, 2020, 02:56 PM
Proel has sorted it guys thanks for the help. I wish somebody would explain the solution in a little more detail so maybe less people have to go buy ECU kits when they didn't have too :D. I took the file he sent me and had it re-tuned by my file provider and BDM flash and all is well.

The SRS light is on and won't communicate, but I suspect that (maybe) an unrelated problem. Will post back in here if I manage to sort it.

Cheers!

proel
4th June, 2020, 03:07 PM
"It's kind of magic..." tanan tanan... :)