PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket keys for Mercedes

maaxxyy
14th June, 2020, 12:58 PM
Hi guys need some help in purchasing some aftermarket Mercedes remote fobs IR. So many out there its hard to choose the right one, also many suppliers. Thanks

Chriz123
14th June, 2020, 03:09 PM
think the most people using vvdi be keys or cgdi keys

me tested some cheap chinese keys and many of them stopped working after few weeks/months
now testing cgdi keys at the moment (about 6-7 months no problems with them)

madsci69
14th June, 2020, 03:47 PM
Are you in the US? I order keys for Mercedes from UHS and they never let me down.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

maaxxyy
14th June, 2020, 03:52 PM
Thanks for that guys, just needed some feed back as i was wondering if the cheaper keys were any good. Just ordered some xhorse be keys thanks

babeh
14th June, 2020, 05:46 PM
Don't buy KYDZ key.
It is not cheaper, and it has working problems.
VVDI and CGDI keys are good.
I have them all, vvdi cgdi keys are working great,
Pick one depends on what key tool you have.

p1et
14th June, 2020, 07:07 PM
CGDI are not great but for sure but anyway still better than most available on the market...

smokey08
14th June, 2020, 07:29 PM
I have sold plenty of vvdi be keys, not had any back. You get a free token if you use vvdi mb tool. On some of the older cars you have to file the bow of the key blank to make it work correctly in the door lock.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MartinMG
15th June, 2020, 10:58 AM
Customer brought a w203 coupe with original black key. Remote was not working. I changed batteries and frequency was 433. Since the car was imported from Japan, I changed frequency to 314 but the key failed completely. I made another key. Car started ok but remote only works when you put key close to the sensor on the door handle. Tried both 433 and 314 frequencies both behave the same. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

babeh
15th June, 2020, 11:02 AM
CGDI are not great but for sure but anyway still better than most available on the market...

Used KYDZ key for over a year still working,
But after engine off, need to take out the key then insert again otherwise fail to start engine or engine started but can't drive.

Changed to VVDI key and used for another year without any problems.

CGDI MB key is new released so far feel like as good as vvdi key.
Is there any problems you have found ?
I'll be caution on it.

babeh
15th June, 2020, 11:04 AM
Customer brought a w203 coupe with original black key. Remote was not working. I changed batteries and frequency was 433. Since the car was imported from Japan, I changed frequency to 314 but the key failed completely. I made another key. Car started ok but remote only works when you put key close to the sensor on the door handle. Tried both 433 and 314 frequencies both behave the same. Any ideas?

What key is it ?

MartinMG
15th June, 2020, 11:05 AM
What key is it ?I programmed a vvdi be key

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

p1et
15th June, 2020, 11:07 AM
Is there any problems you have found ?
I'll be caution on it.

On Vito 2012 cgdi keys worked fine for 3 days then started fail.

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk