PDA

View Full Version : Opel Antara CD30 Pairing Challenge

tarashman
15th June, 2020, 09:40 AM
Good day,

I bought a 2011 Antara couple of weeks ago. The car came with a 3rd party Navigation/Touch display head unit. I asked the seller for the original CD30 MP3 but he said it's not available. The display (GID) is original. There is no car pass also. As I was not satisfied with the radio reception quality and sound output, I decided to buy an used CD30 MP3.

I found one pulled from another Antara and installed in my car. It welcomed me with a steady "display safe" warning. The seller did not divorce it from his car. After a quick search I found this valuable forum. First I read the dump of the EHU and send it here for virginizing. At the same time I bought an Op-com (unfortunately a clone). I wrote the dump and put back the virginized unit in the car. The result was continious periodical beeps and a "radio safe" warning. I tried countless times to activate EHU theft protection using op-com of no avail. Btw as the car had no car pass, I asked the Opel authorized service for the code registered to the VIN. But the code they provided was not able to pair the units.

Then I tought about virginizing the display also. Thanks to forum member Shooting who sent me the virgin dump. The display code he mentioned was different from the code provided by Opel. I used that code and paried the radio and display BUT the display diag told me to replace ECU and theft protection I.D. was in N.O.K. state. When I switched the ignition on and off the annoying "display safe" cameback.

I tried many time pairing the units with no result. As a last resort, I read some forum posts which mentioned about manually paired set of dumps.

Could you please help me preparing a manually paired dump set? I'm attaching the original dumps of GID and EHU (also the virgin ones)
Both are Grundig Delphi made.

I really appreciate your help in resolving the problem

shooting
15th June, 2020, 10:36 AM
Good day,

I bought a 2011 Antara couple of weeks ago. The car came with a 3rd party Navigation/Touch display head unit. I asked the seller for the original CD30 but he said it's not available. The display (GID) is original. There is no car pass also. As I was not satisfied with the radio reception quality and sound output, I decided to buy an used CD30.

I found one pulled from another Antara and installed in my car. It welcomed me with a steady "display safe" warning. The seller did not divorce it from his car. After a quick search I found this valuable forum. First I read the dump of the EHU and send it here for virginizing. At the same time I bought an Op-com (unfortunately a clone). I wrote the dump and put back the virginized unit in the car. The result was continious periodical beeps and a "radio safe" warning. I tried countless times to activate EHU theft protection using op-com of no avail. Btw as the car had no car pass, I asked the Opel authorized service for the code registered to the VIN. But the code they provided was not able to pair the units.

Then I tought about virginizing the display also. Thanks to forum member Shooting who sent me the virgin dump. The display code he mentioned was different from the code provided by Opel. I used that code and paried the radio and display BUT the display diag told me to replace ECU and theft protection I.D. was in N.O.K. state. When I switched the ignition on and off the annoying "display safe" cameback.

I tried many time pairing the units with no result. As a last resort, I read some forum posts which mentioned about manually paired set of dumps.

Could you please help me preparing a manually paired dump set? I'm attaching the original dumps of GID and EHU (also the virgin ones)
Both are Grundig Delphi made.

I really appreciate your help in resolving the problem

STICK TO ONE THREAD!

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/151913-opel-DISPLAY-SAFE/page89

wbr