PDA

View Full Version : DM 7025 can I watch two channels?

tingreg
13th January, 2010, 03:24 PM
:banghead: Hello everyone,
this is my first post. I want to find out if there's a way to watch one channel on my main TV and at the same time watch a different channel via streaming on my PC.

Currently I have a DM600pvr but is the 7025 can take care of this I 'll be happy to get one.

Manic01
13th January, 2010, 03:32 PM
You need twin tuner.

tingreg
14th January, 2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the reply.. Can u tell me though if I will need two wires coming down from the dish or is one enough?

Sicilian
14th January, 2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the reply.. Can u tell me though if I will need two wires coming down from the dish or is one enough?

You will need two separate feeds for this to work as it should.

tingreg
14th January, 2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for all the info...
Now I can spent my money on a 7025 without worry.

thered
14th January, 2010, 04:32 PM
yeh you need a twin lnb if you want satellite tuners i have a cable tuner and a satellite tuner in my 7025 but if the cable go's off in the next few weeks i will get a new lnb and a new sat tuner for the box

Manic01
14th January, 2010, 04:38 PM
2 feeds and 2 receivers and 2 c lines. As 7025 has 2 tuners you could just use that receiver but not sure how you would access both tuners and c lines at the same time not having used one before.

thered
14th January, 2010, 05:02 PM
2 feeds and 2 receivers and 2 c lines. As 7025 has 2 tuners you could just use that receiver but not sure how you would access both tuners and c lines at the same time not having used one before.

yeh i see your point actually i never thought of it like that but for me most programs we all watch are FTA anyways so i dont think it would make too much difference and tbh if im watching a certain satellite its going to be using the same c line anyways on both tuners

maybe more of a problem if you are watching on 19 or 13 for instance tho where there are numerous different prviders tho

Sicilian
14th January, 2010, 06:11 PM
A DM7025 with share the C line between tuners provided they are both satellite. Its will only use one camd at any time though.

tingreg
15th January, 2010, 09:01 AM
Wow now am lost... again..

So to clear this up, using a 7025 is it possible to watch two different channels at once (one on the tv and the other on the PC via streaming)?

Provided I have two sat feeds and one c line.

Has anyone tried this b4? or is there another way to do it?

Sicilian
15th January, 2010, 10:20 AM

So to clear this up, using a 7025 is it possible to watch two different channels at once (one on the tv and the other on the PC via streaming)?

I have recorded and watched another before, hope that helps. Haven't got my 7025 anymore so cant try what your asking, sorry.

thered
15th January, 2010, 10:27 AM

never got mine streaming properly anyways but it is possible yeh i have done it but if i change the channel to much on the pc it seems to crash

the main thing with the twin tuner for me is to watch one channel whilst recording another on the same box like you would on sky +

felix1
21st January, 2010, 04:05 AM
if you have a fixed dish plus a motorised dish you can watch say sky and the motorised dish will give you the other satellites. and you can record from both tuners. you can also access more than one c line at a time. also record upto 8 different channels at a time. depending on the transponder.

mikk
6th February, 2012, 10:21 AM
So if twin tuner boxes share a single c line between both tuners whats the score with payservers offering deals on a second line 'for twin tuners' if they can record multiple channels using one line?