PDA

View Full Version : BMW E60 2.5d - problems with increased boost pressure.

vita
17th June, 2020, 10:20 AM
Hi friends. I repair cars, but I can’t solve my problem.
I have a problem with my own car. This is a BMW E60 525d 177hp, no LCI. Engine M57D25.
Vehicle was purchased more than six months ago, and from that moment I constantly have increased boost pressure when driving at low rpm.
For example, when driving in 6th gear at a speed of 100 km / h (1500 RPM), the requested boost is 1100-1200 mbr, and the actual one is 1400-1500 mbr.
Sometimes the difference reaches 500 mbr. At the same time, through diagnostics, it can be seen that the duty cycle on the turbine actuator does not change downward.
For some reason, the ECU does not give a command to change the VGT.

When buying in a car, there was no particulate filter and AGR.
I thought that the problem might be in the firmware.
Therefore, I updated the firmware to the original one through WinKFP, but that didn’t change anything.
After that, several calibrators prepared my original firmware for the lack of a particulate filter and AGR, but even this did not change anything.
I am 99% sure that you just need to correctly disable the particulate filter and AGR in the firmware. But no one can do it right.
Please tell me who knows? It is not good to drive with a very high boost pressure.
I am from Russia and use google translator.

rafisoltys
17th June, 2020, 10:37 AM
I check your file and it looks like stock.

What software are you using to diagnose ?

vita
17th June, 2020, 11:17 AM
Yes, this is a stock file.
I have several files with the particulate filter disabled and AGR from different tuners. But everywhere everything is the same. Up to 2500 rpm, the actual boost pressure exceeds that requested by 250-500 mbr depending on driving conditions. And while the duty cycle at VGT does not fall below 70%. Thus, there is no command from the ECU to regulate boost. As soon as the revolutions rise above 2500 rpm, the duty cycle instantly drops and the requested and actual pressure equalizes.
It seems that the ECU purposefully up to 2500 RPM does not regulate boost.
For diagnostics, I use INPA, reinghold, Launch - everything is the same everywhere.
MAP checked and working. MAF too.

vita
17th June, 2020, 11:21 AM
I suspect that if the diesel particulate filter and AGR were in place, then there would be no redistribution.
It seems to me that the ECU does not intentionally regulate VGT up to 2500 RPM because AGR should work up to these revolutions.
Tuners disable AGR but ECU does not regulate VGT up to 2500 RPM.
I suspect that if the diesel particulate filter and AGR were in place, then there would be no redistribution.It seems to me that the ECU does not intentionally regulate VGT up to 2500 RPM because AGR should work up to these revolutions.Tuners disable AGR but ECU does not regulate VGT up to 2500 RPM.

vita
17th June, 2020, 11:24 AM
Not only that, this is not the case with me alone. I saw this in the diagnosis and other E60
Just people do not care about it. There are no errors, and good.
But that doesn’t suit me.
At least due to the fact that when driving in 6th gear at a speed of 100 km / h (1500rpm) there is a buzz in the exhaust pipe like from a jet plane. As soon as I release the gas pedal, it disappears.

alme94
17th June, 2020, 11:37 AM
you can try with this one so will see what happening,maybe your solutions not good ..
stg1, dpf agr off
1037390905 sw
0281012091 hw

vita
17th June, 2020, 11:56 AM
you can try with this one so will see what happening,maybe your solutions not good ..
stg1, dpf agr off
1037390905 sw
0281012091 hw

Friend, thanks for the reply, but my BOSCH number is 0281012190.
Your file is probably from 3.0d
And I have 2.5d

alme94
17th June, 2020, 12:29 PM
lol now i see, i have also 30d file with same hw sw number .. bother files same sw number with your, hw just different places of numbers haha how much posibbility for that omg ..

vita
17th June, 2020, 06:35 PM
Yes, BMW can have the same SW for different engine volumes.
However, for the sake of interest, I wrote down your file, the car started up)))
But I noticed increased idle, another sound from the engine. And a few errors on the AGR, the DPF temperature sensor, on the swirl flaps.

vita
17th June, 2020, 06:36 PM
Friends, who else has thoughts?
Could this be due to the fact that when a working AGR is involved, the boost is less because of this. And now it does not work and there is a high boost.
Friends, who else has thoughts?Could this be due to the fact that when a working AGR is involved, the boost is less because of this. And now it does not work and there is a high boost.

alme94
17th June, 2020, 11:57 PM
did u have ' blinded ' agr ?
my opinion, try find 100% ori file and write it .. then you can see whole situation detailed

vita
18th June, 2020, 10:34 AM
did u have ' blinded ' agr ?
my opinion, try find 100% ori file and write it .. then you can see whole situation detailed
I flashed the ECU WinKFP, this is the factory tool for BMW.
This file is above.
All the same.

vita
19th June, 2020, 09:18 AM
Any other ideas?

vita
19th June, 2020, 09:45 AM
https://youtu.be/_CeJas17OBM