PDA

View Full Version : PCM FLASH

amar28
20th June, 2020, 04:30 PM
Hi

Anybody who owns PCMFLASH please contribute

1. Does PCM do all VAG ecu via OBD VR or still need to patch ecu on bench?
2. Does a passthru like VAS5054 work with PCMFLASH for OBD work, advantage of having the scanmatik interface?
3. Are there any issues currently with the software?

Thank you

alexbeshko
20th June, 2020, 07:11 PM
2. Scanmatik2 is the best for pcm. VAS5054 not work. Can also use Chipsoft j2534, Openport 2.0. I also want buy it.

teerak2uk
20th June, 2020, 10:20 PM
What don't go obd can probably be done bench mode with module 71

amar28
20th June, 2020, 10:25 PM
I have autohex so any tricore ecu inc latest MD1/MG1 i have covered, was thinking buy PCM for OBD, Kess slave about £1200, Master about £3800

Mainly deal in Merc, BMW & VAG which mainly use VR OBD, costs £1000 for above options and seems well worth it, cant complain as long as everything advertised works

quato79
21st June, 2020, 09:29 PM
PCM Flash is best for tool for edc17 med17,makes checksum also, to work on bench without opening the ecu ,connect only to pins via GPT , very stable and safe program, for PSA can use PCM Flash with Openport, for bench GPT EDC17 must have Scanmatic , but China ktm also does the job well.

amar28
22nd June, 2020, 12:34 AM
Ktm china already tried, its ok doesnt work on some VAG ecu like CP44

For obd work only the openport is enough or still reccomend to get scanmatik 2 pro interface?

figani
22nd June, 2020, 07:16 AM
Ktm china already tried, its ok doesnt work on some VAG ecu like CP44

For obd work only the openport is enough or still reccomend to get scanmatik 2 pro interface?

in your first post you are only writing about VAG ECU“s...
simos is also a VAG ECU, as like Magnetti Marelli are also used in VAG cars...

so, yes if you like to work only obd, openport is the cheapest solution I think...
MED/EDC17 is covered by VR, but also some SIMOS...

daniel guerra
22nd June, 2020, 10:58 PM
I think scanmatic is the best option, stable and reliable.

golfather
20th January, 2022, 02:05 AM
Can PCMFLash do Simos 18.1?

figani
20th January, 2022, 09:33 AM
Can PCMFLash do Simos 18.1?

no................................................ .........

bendy
22nd January, 2022, 06:42 PM
PCMflash,
I use PCMflash with JLRmongoose, (as I already had this device) for obd and also got the power box which allows you to do bench work and also use's ktag's plugs and leads.
So far no issue's, great support and service.

Remember this is still a developing software, what is not on it today, could be added at anytime.

It gets 10/10 from me

golfather
23rd January, 2022, 02:52 AM
PCMflash,
I use PCMflash with JLRmongoose, (as I already had this device) for obd and also got the power box which allows you to do bench work and also use's ktag's plugs and leads.
So far no issue's, great support and service.

Remember this is still a developing software, what is not on it today, could be added at anytime.

It gets 10/10 from me

Thanks for the info, just ordered PCM Flash, with KTM box, which power box are you using? Also will need a OBD connection too, any you can recommend?

bendy
23rd January, 2022, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the info, just ordered PCM Flash, with KTM box, which power box are you using? Also will need a OBD connection too, any you can recommend?

Hi, I'm using genuine PCMflash not clone (ktm)
Power box is PCMflash power box. Many dealers around sell this, got mine from ecutools.
OBD Device i have is the JLRmongoose from drewtech which i can recommend.. all good no problems.
There is other obd devices PCMflash advertise as working with their product.
Hope this info helps

brmservice
23rd January, 2022, 08:26 AM
someone tested module 26 over obd or bench obd? many thanks

GusGasfuss
26th January, 2022, 06:46 PM
I use PCMflash (ori) with Modules 50 (VAG EDC17xx) and 58 (VAG DSG). So far one of the best tools i have, and also for reasonable price. Will add more modules in future, if there is interesting features.

I use it with OpenPort 2.0, no issues until now.

teerak2uk
26th January, 2022, 07:36 PM
I use PCMflash (ori) with Modules 50 (VAG EDC17xx) and 58 (VAG DSG). So far one of the best tools i have, and also for reasonable price. Will add more modules in future, if there is interesting features.

I use it with OpenPort 2.0, no issues until now.Scanmatikpro2 and modules #71 & #77 are worth getting