PDA

View Full Version : BMW E46 SYNCRO EWS-DME problem

fragga
21st June, 2020, 07:46 PM
Hello friends, I have a BMW 320i model 2002 E46 with MS43 DME and M54 petrol engine,

Car Cranks but doesn't start, I have checked all fuses they're all OK , the problem started after a flat Battery, Dashboard is not working also, died same day battery got flat,

When I connect AVDI I see error

EWS TEMPERING PROTECTION and
Instrument Cluster

When I try to Sync EWS and DME , with INPA shows success, also with FVDI shows success, but car still cranks and no start, and error comes back even after clearing error
I have bought a new 75Ah battery

What can I do please help ,or what are the right steps to SYNCRONISE ?Maybe I am doing it all wrong way

fragga
22nd June, 2020, 03:30 PM
This morning, I was able to make it start, but when I switch it off , it won't start again, even After sync DME and EWS can it be Instrument Cluster problem?

kiszka
22nd June, 2020, 04:43 PM
This morning, I was able to make it start, but when I switch it off , it won't start again, even After sync DME and EWS can it be Instrument Cluster problem?
... not not not ...

mchalisn
22nd June, 2020, 05:14 PM
Make synchro then ignition off for 1min for main relay to go off and then try to start!

fragga
22nd June, 2020, 06:05 PM
I tried Synchro and wait for one minute but still cannot Start and I'm on the road side, and it's getting dark !!!

kimiz
22nd June, 2020, 11:38 PM
Write step by step how do you perform synchro procedure in inpa?

fragga
23rd June, 2020, 05:51 AM
Write step by step how do you perform synchro procedure in inpa?

1step= Connect Cable to car
2Step = Open INPA , and swith on Ignition, two black dots appear
3Step = Select E46 (F2)
4Step= Select Engine,
5Step = Select MS43 for M54
6Step= Select Error Memory
7Step = Clear error memory
8Step = F10 Back
9Step = Press SHIFT+ F6
10Step= F2 Reset (comes an error 2 times and I select Yes, the at the End It shows Some successful info in German then OK
11Step= Switch off Ignition wait a minute
12Step=Switch on ignition and press F1 Align DME EWS comes error 2 times then I press YES, then comes a Successful information in German the I press OK
13Step = Switch off Ignition and wait a minute
14Step= Try to start car but Only Cranks no start

antwnhszr
23rd June, 2020, 07:26 AM
don't waste your time with rolling code's.......the keys lost the rolling code.make immo off..........

fragga
23rd June, 2020, 08:12 AM
don't waste your time with rolling code's.......the keys lost the rolling code.make immo off..........

How to make immo off on this model ?

ricked
23rd June, 2020, 08:25 AM
How to make immo off on this model ?

for immo off post ECU files, while you're at it read and post EWS files also maibe it can be don without immo off..

fragga
23rd June, 2020, 08:29 AM

when I check EWS in FVDI , I see this,

Key in ignition 0:
- fixed code 9272390500008010:
- rolling code 006B2B4804004C589272390500:
Key 0 is enabled.:
Key 1 is enabled.:
Key 2 is enabled.:
Key 3 is disabled.:
Key 4 is enabled.:
Key 5 is enabled.:
Key 6 is enabled.:
Key 7 is disabled.:
Key 8 is enabled.:
Key 9 is enabled.:

fragga
23rd June, 2020, 08:41 AM
for immo off post ECU files, while you're at it read and post EWS files also maibe it can be don without immo off..

I have INPA, FVDI, UPA USB1.3 , Which tool can I use to read these files, SORRY to ask, this is my first time to have a BMW

ROMIR
23rd June, 2020, 09:37 AM
when I check EWS in FVDI , I see this,

Key in ignition 0:
- fixed code 9272390500008010:
- rolling code 006B2B4804004C589272390500:
Key 0 is enabled.:
Key 1 is enabled.:
Key 2 is enabled.:
Key 3 is disabled.:
Key 4 is enabled.:
Key 5 is enabled.:
Key 6 is enabled.:
Key 7 is disabled.:
Key 8 is enabled.:
Key 9 is enabled.:

it shows that ews is reading the key
so the problem is between ews and ecu
if sometimes it accepts the synchro and sometimes not ,by experience the ews must be replaced after you have checked the connections
best regards.

fragga
23rd June, 2020, 09:59 AM
it shows that ews is reading the key
so the problem is between ews and ecu
if sometimes it accepts the synchro and sometimes not ,by experience the ews must be replaced after you have checked the connections
best regards.

Can it be the EWS RELAY faulty? Or maybe something that powers EWS ? Because I really don't understand, or which software is best to SYNCRONISE EWS- DME? Or Which version of INPA works well ? Am so so Confused!

Or DME has problems? But when it accepts to start, I can drive it as long as I want, but once I turn ignition Off, then problem start !

kiszka
23rd June, 2020, 10:33 AM
Can it be the EWS RELAY faulty? Or maybe something that powers EWS ? Because I really don't understand, or which software is best to SYNCRONISE EWS- DME? Or Which version of INPA works well ? Am so so Confused!

Or DME has problems? But when it accepts to start, I can drive it as long as I want, but once I turn ignition Off, then problem start !
read eeprom ews
Maskset:
2D47J (secured) Read only as secured
0D46J (unsecured)

kimiz
23rd June, 2020, 06:23 PM
1step= Connect Cable to car
2Step = Open INPA , and swith on Ignition, two black dots appear
3Step = Select E46 (F2)
4Step= Select Engine,
5Step = Select MS43 for M54
6Step= Select Error Memory
7Step = Clear error memory
8Step = F10 Back
9Step = Press SHIFT+ F6
10Step= F2 Reset (comes an error 2 times and I select Yes, the at the End It shows Some successful info in German then OK
11Step= Switch off Ignition wait a minute
12Step=Switch on ignition and press F1 Align DME EWS comes error 2 times then I press YES, then comes a Successful information in German the I press OK
13Step = Switch off Ignition and wait a minute
14Step= Try to start car but Only Cranks no start

Do you have a cable with a switch or "K" bridged cables? If so try to disconnect / desolder, I had the same problem recently, I connected to the driver but had two errors popped up during synchronization. Check also latency or correct to 1ms

fragga
23rd June, 2020, 06:55 PM
Do you have a cable with a switch or "K" bridged cables? If so try to disconnect / desolder, I had the same problem recently, I connected to the driver but had two errors popped up during synchronization. Check also latency or correct to 1ms

I am using a cable with a switch, can it be the problem ? do you have a pinout or a schematic of where to disconnect?

i have attached the picture below