PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 2 2010 copy chip and remote programming advice.

super jumbe
26th June, 2020, 08:26 PM
Any one copied ID63 chip and programmed Mazda 2 remote successfully?

p1et
26th June, 2020, 08:56 PM
Yes, why not?

lion0304
26th June, 2020, 09:08 PM
Very basic job. Clone ID83 is another question.

Manta1600
26th June, 2020, 10:29 PM
Very basic job. Clone ID83 is another question.

ID83 on Ford can't be copied every time so you must program the chip by OBD

but I never had ID83 on Mazda

rapidlocksmiths
26th June, 2020, 11:21 PM
mazda will be id63 in 40 byte mode , why clone when codes easily by obd with most machines , manual process for remote

lion0304
27th June, 2020, 04:27 AM
ID83 on Ford can't be copied every time so you must program the chip by OBD

but I never had ID83 on Mazda

That why it's another question.

Manta1600
27th June, 2020, 08:22 AM
mazda will be id63 in 40 byte mode , why clone when codes easily by obd with most machines , manual process for remote

I clone them because is easy and faster

and some times will save me from "my hand brake doesn't work"

lion0304
27th June, 2020, 08:38 AM
Yes customer alway want cheaper, so for the thing easy and cheap (4D), it's not fair for us to use more time to do.

for them key is key, They don't care how you do, and with what you do. But several times i've met car only has key id46 cloned by silca chip.

And after first time add remote key by OBD, this clone key stop working, i alway inform them what it will be.

rapidlocksmiths
27th June, 2020, 09:59 AM
yup seeing far more of these , they have lost main key and have the spare , spare is a clone key so dead after new key coded , they then regret there clone key then . clone keys also causing issues for car scams , people sell car and keep a clone key , even if customer has keys recoded clone continues to work , they then want to sue the locksmith who charged to recode the keys .
customer comes to you for a new key and they have a working key , they dont understand why the new key works and the old key now doesnt , to them a keys a key , they came to you expecting to leave with 2 working keys and its all your fault because you broke their key and you have to replace it .

i inform them up front if i suspect a clone what will happen , if a customer wants a clone key i explain the possible issues before selling a clone , and they sign to this effect , its now on them , trouble is most dont tell them of the potential issues with a clone key so they have no idea .

lion0304
27th June, 2020, 10:11 AM
yup seeing far more of these , they have lost main key and have the spare , spare is a clone key so dead after new key coded , they then regret there clone key then . clone keys also causing issues for car scams , people sell car and keep a clone key , even if customer has keys recoded clone continues to work , they then want to sue the locksmith who charged to recode the keys .
customer comes to you for a new key and they have a working key , they dont understand why the new key works and the old key now doesnt , to them a keys a key , they came to you expecting to leave with 2 working keys and its all your fault because you broke their key and you have to replace it .

i inform them up front if i suspect a clone what will happen , if a customer wants a clone key i explain the possible issues before selling a clone , and they sign to this effect , its now on them , trouble is most dont tell them of the potential issues with a clone key so they have no idea .

Yes exactly for me the first time, i have made new transponder key for small amount because i ignore this clone Silca chip.

But that is the first and last time. Almost car are Renault, they need remote key because without remote, they cannot close all the doors by turning the key.

When i explain the problem with their exiting clone key, 90% accepte the issue to get the remote key. 10% didn't came back. But they will have no other choice other than come up AKL situation.

super jumbe
27th June, 2020, 10:38 AM
Thanks lads all sorted with your help this morning.

Manta1600
27th June, 2020, 12:42 PM
Yes exactly for me the first time, i have made new transponder key for small amount because i ignore this clone Silca chip.

But that is the first and last time. Almost car are Renault, they need remote key because without remote, they cannot close all the doors by turning the key.

When i explain the problem with their exiting clone key, 90% accepte the issue to get the remote key. 10% didn't came back. But they will have no other choice other than come up AKL situation.

I never had a situation like this but one day for sure this will be happen and I just will program one more key for the same cost instead to argue with the customer what is the problem

just like few weeks ago when the customer key on Polo 2010 died in my hands when I tried to read the chip with VVDI mini

rapidlocksmiths
27th June, 2020, 01:31 PM
il happily code them a new key at a cost ££ , to replace their clone and advise they take this up with whom ever supplied a clone key if they wasnt made aware that its a clone key when they had it done if they was aware its on them , just as the main dealer will do . go cheap pay twice , let whom ever sold them a clone key have the earache and the cost of supplying another key.

camelgd
27th June, 2020, 05:03 PM
I have problems with aftermarket alarm and remote start add ons. On Ford mainly, they will clone key onto chip for their system. All keys lost dumps the cloned chip, and that is their problem. Especially if they didn't mention it before starting the job.