PDA

View Full Version : Tank Capacity info screen in DAS

Mackhack
13th January, 2010, 10:37 PM
Hello,

does anyone know where I would find the Tank Capacity setting in DAS? Someone enabled it about a year ago and I have this neat little info in my cluster display. I wanna help a friend to enable it in his car as well with SDS.

I looked already in the Cluster Instrument submenu in my DAS but I just can't find it.

Thank you!

bekhit
14th January, 2010, 04:00 AM
Hello,

does anyone know where I would find the Tank Capacity setting in DAS? Someone enabled it about a year ago and I have this neat little info in my cluster display. I wanna help a friend to enable it in his car as well with SDS.

I looked already in the Cluster Instrument submenu in my DAS but I just can't find it.

Thank you!

this information will be in rear sam

Mackhack
14th January, 2010, 04:34 AM
Thank you! I will check again.

Mackhack
14th January, 2010, 04:45 AM
I just went into DAS simulation and went to Body/.../REAR SAM. Could you tell me where exactly this would be???

Thank you!

bekhit
14th January, 2010, 03:01 PM
go to initiall start up , or adaption

Mackhack
16th January, 2010, 11:02 PM
go to initiall start up , or adaption

I went to both while connected to my car where it is enabled but I just can't find it.

Do you have any more info about this?

PremierD
16th January, 2010, 11:08 PM
I went to both while connected to my car where it is enabled but I just can't find it.

Do you have any more info about this?

Did'nt you ask this question on another forum mate ......?

Mackhack
16th January, 2010, 11:14 PM
I did, but what is wrong with that? I mean if we ever get the solution in one place I can easily introduce it in the other, but also reach more people who possibly know the answer.

Do you know the answer by any chance? Screenshot or something?

PremierD
16th January, 2010, 11:17 PM
I did, but what is wrong with that? I mean if we ever get the solution in one place I can easily introduce it in the other, but also reach more people who possibly know the answer.

Do you know the answer by any chance? Screenshot or
something?

There is nothing wrong with it mate ... Just regognised the Question thats all ... Unfortuately I do not know the answer ...sorry

Mackhack
16th January, 2010, 11:26 PM
There is nothing wrong with it mate ... Just regognised the Question thats all ... Unfortuately I do not know the answer ...sorry

No problem. It's kind of weired that we have so many SDS "experts" but no one really has answers to questions which are to me simple.

I only worked so far 5 to 10 hours on the SDS and found out many things by myself. But certain things just don't wanna come to me. Understanding my car well helps also to know functions and features within SDS.

bekhit
17th January, 2010, 05:24 AM
No problem. It's kind of weired that we have so many SDS "experts" but no one really has answers to questions which are to me simple.

I only worked so far 5 to 10 hours on the SDS and found out many things by myself. But certain things just don't wanna come to me. Understanding my car well helps also to know functions and features within SDS.

what car u working on

Mackhack
17th January, 2010, 05:25 AM
2004 W211 (E-Class)!

moppy
17th January, 2010, 02:00 PM
It's in the Intument Cluster settings. But you need the Star to be in Develloper.

IC>control unit adaptations> look for tanken

Mackhack
17th January, 2010, 07:26 PM
It's in the Intument Cluster settings. But you need the Star to be in Develloper.

IC>control unit adaptations> look for tanken

Hi there, I am in Developer Mode. I will post a screenshot b/c there is nothing like that in the Adaptation window.

Dajan2009
17th January, 2010, 10:51 PM
The settings You are searching for should be in Instrument Cluster - Diagnosis to plant specifications - Control unit adaptations - Variant coding - Komplette Tankdatensatze. This is with developer, but You can also switch basic tank setting thru regular DAS in Control unit adaptations - Variant coding - Fuel tank version.
Don't be rude and arrogant with people
Originally Posted by Mackhack http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f104/tank-capacity-info-screen-das-83430/#post415913)
Right here we have some guys that had forgotten more things that many others will ever know.
Be nice:wavey:

Mackhack
18th January, 2010, 01:11 AM
The settings You are searching for should be in Instrument Cluster - Diagnosis to plant specifications - Control unit adaptations - Variant coding - Komplette Tankdatensatze. This is with developer, but You can also switch basic tank setting thru regular DAS in Control unit adaptations - Variant coding - Fuel tank version.
Don't be rude and arrogant with people
Originally Posted by Mackhack http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f104/tank-capacity-info-screen-das-83430/#post415913)
Right here we have some guys that had forgotten more things that many others will ever know.
Be nice:wavey:
Dan,

I am nice and that wasn't meant to upset anybody in this forum. But please read all other's comments as well and you will see why I wrote that. I'm thankful for every hint and help in this matter that I can get and I appreciate that.

Thank you for your help in this matter as well.

Mackhack
30th January, 2010, 01:11 AM

I switched DAS on really quick and went into SIM mode. That is all I get. The used DAS version is 11.2009.

Please check screenshot. I just don't understand that I can't find this setting!

Dajan2009
31st January, 2010, 02:36 AM
Sorry, messed up some things in my head:dontknow:
You have to go to Instrument Cluster - Diagnosis to plant specifications - Control unit adaptations - Variantenkodierung Werkeinstellungen, and there You have few codings that turn on and off how are informations about tank displayed. Try 1. Tankgeberfestsitzerkennung, 2. Reiserechner, 3. Tankinfo im reichweiterbild, 4. Menu RR: Reichweite/Tankinfo, so try with them. I am not sure what is your actual configuration, just print all your codes (F11-printout of test step) before changing anything, and remember You have to reset your IC to make new settings show up. You can do it through Actuations - Steuergeraet Resetten or take the key off the ignition lock and lock the car so the IC turns off itself.
Cheers

Mackhack
31st January, 2010, 02:50 AM
Sorry, messed up some things in my head:dontknow:
You have to go to Instrument Cluster - Diagnosis to plant specifications - Control unit adaptations - Variantenkodierung Werkeinstellungen, and there You have few codings that turn on and off how are informations about tank displayed. Try 1. Tankgeberfestsitzerkennung, 2. Reiserechner, 3. Tankinfo im reichweiterbild, 4. Menu RR: Reichweite/Tankinfo, so try with them. I am not sure what is your actual configuration, just print all your codes (F11-printout of test step) before changing anything, and remember You have to reset your IC to make new settings show up. You can do it through Actuations - Steuergeraet Resetten or take the key off the ignition lock and lock the car so the IC turns off itself.
Cheers

Hi,

could I ask what DAS version you used? I tried with 01.2010 and 11.2009. I'm make another 10.2008 installation right this minute to see if I have more options in older DAS versions than with newer once.

Thank you for the help and I'll get back here as soon as I tried it again.

Qrius
31st January, 2010, 02:55 AM
Hi, i posted solution here :
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f114/how-enable-tank-info-l-100km-into-km-l-mercedes-w211-w203-w221-more-89321/#post434425

Mackhack
31st January, 2010, 03:00 AM
Nice write up but I don't have Kombiinstrument in my DAS. I have Instrument and Communication where the IC is in. What DAS version shows "Kombiinstrument"? I mean I'm running a English version but since I'm German I would know and recognize the word Kombiinstrument :)

Dajan2009
31st January, 2010, 03:02 AM
This is 05/2009 version, i keep because of the developer options still running, this is my personal one. At the workshop I have two C4 11/2009 and 01/2010 but I must say they are not stable at all. They are slooow as hell, HHt stucks when you get from one car to other, and when you try to print something DAS colapses. It hapened a few times that it crashed in the middle of programing of ECU. Not good at all! :pcguru:

Mackhack
31st January, 2010, 03:05 AM
Thank you for the info. This is quite helpful.

Dajan2009
31st January, 2010, 03:09 AM
Kombiinstrument = Instrument Cluster, where is it gone?!?
@ Qrius Yes it is the same thing! :cheer: Why didn't You post it in bigger font?
just kidding..

Mackhack
31st January, 2010, 03:11 AM
I tried to be serious Dajan2009 :) I know that Kombiinstrument = Instrument Cluster. That's why I posted my question why he writes about Kombiinstrument whereas I only see Instrument Cluster. That made me wondering about the versions.

Dajan2009
31st January, 2010, 03:13 AM
Oh, that? He is running a german version. I suppose, I used it once too.

Mackhack
31st January, 2010, 03:16 AM
OK! I will try this either after dinner tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait to see this finally on my own DAS screen.

Mackhack
31st January, 2010, 03:25 AM
Ok,

I just did a quick overlook in the Das SIM in 10.2008. There is "Tankinfo im Reichweitebild". So I guess i"m good to go and try it live!

Mackhack
31st January, 2010, 03:39 AM
I know this is a bit OT but is in this case here passiv = disabled and aktiv = enabled?

It's too funny how these guys have the languages mixed in dev. mode.

Qrius
31st January, 2010, 08:22 AM
Oh, that? He is running a german version. I suppose, I used it once too.

Yes i am running German software version :)

Gonna explaine why !
Example : If in a Schematic in WIS in German a wire is marked Yellow and in English tranlation it is Red .

The wire will be Yellow in this Case.

In case of errors or difference in explanation, GERMAN is the lading Language in DAS WIS EPC & Xentry ;)

and yes.... KI is the same as IC

Qrius
31st January, 2010, 08:24 AM
I know this is a bit OT but is in this case here passiv = disabled and aktiv = enabled?

It's too funny how these guys have the languages mixed in dev. mode.

Yes,
enable = aktiv
disable = passiv

Mackhack
31st January, 2010, 09:02 AM
Yes i am running German software version :)

Gonna explaine why !
Example : If in a Schematic in WIS in German a wire is marked Yellow and in English tranlation it is Red .

The wire will be Yellow in this Case.

In case of errors or difference in explanation, GERMAN is the lading Language in DAS WIS EPC & Xentry ;)

and yes.... KI is the same as IC

Highly interesting. Thanks for clarification.

Qrius
31st January, 2010, 12:16 PM
Highly interesting. Thanks for clarification.

Knowledge has no value , if you don't share it :cheer:

PremierD
31st January, 2010, 12:19 PM
Nice one mate .....and bang on.....

jobela
26th February, 2010, 12:21 AM
It IS possible on pre-August 2003

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f114/how-enable-tank-info-l-100km-into-km-l-mercedes-w211-w203-w221-more-89321/

cool

Mackhack
26th February, 2010, 12:25 AM
Mine is a 2004 and I have it. You might have it too. Did you check your car with SDS in Dev. Mode?

Mackhack
26th February, 2010, 12:26 AM
Knowledge has no value , if you don't share it :cheer:

There is nothing I could share as I only said thank you for the clarification.

jobela
26th February, 2010, 12:30 AM
What I meant was the procedure to get the fuel qty. in the ICM, is possible on pre Aug-03 cars, dunno if all

Regards

Mackhack
26th February, 2010, 12:35 AM
What I meant was the procedure to get the fuel qty. in the ICM, is possible on pre Aug-03 cars, dunno if all

Regards

I fully understood you and that's why I asked back if you checked already and just couldn't find it in SDS or if you asking before you even try looking yourself.

jobela
26th February, 2010, 02:59 PM
I fully understood you and that's why I asked back if you checked already and just couldn't find it in SDS or if you asking before you even try looking yourself.

Ah, now I get it, sorry bad English...

What happens is on prefacelifts, you have to put the parameters Bild Reichweite ohne Tankinfo
to disable and Bild Reichweite und Tankinfo to enable

And Yes, I tried it myself on a C30 AMG CDi from March 2003.

Just check my post on the link I put earlier

Regards

Mackhack
26th February, 2010, 06:37 PM
Ah, now I get it, sorry bad English...

What happens is on prefacelifts, you have to put the parameters Bild Reichweite ohne Tankinfo
to disable and Bild Reichweite und Tankinfo to enable

And Yes, I tried it myself on a C30 AMG CDi from March 2003.

Just check my post on the link I put earlier

Regards

Hm, maybe the capacity display is only available in E-Class. But I'm not sure.

jobela
26th February, 2010, 06:50 PM
Hm, maybe the capacity display is only available in E-Class. But I'm not sure.

I'm only talking C class...

cool

jobela
26th February, 2010, 06:53 PM
This is also possible...

jobela
26th February, 2010, 06:56 PM
And this also

jobela
26th February, 2010, 06:58 PM
Look here for a C30 AMG from March 2003

jobela
26th February, 2010, 06:59 PM
Sorry, the picture is missing

Mackhack
26th February, 2010, 07:02 PM
What would be the correct setting to disable the seat belt acoustic and the remove key acoustic. Both are very annoying. I never leave my keys in no matter what. And if I leave the key in without having the engine running I do that for a reason.

jobela
26th February, 2010, 07:18 PM
What would be the correct setting to disable the seat belt acoustic and the remove key acoustic. Both are very annoying. I never leave my keys in no matter what. And if I leave the key in without having the engine running I do that for a reason.

I couldn't yet find that solution, killing the acustic but the visual remaining. Looks like the acustic has priority over the visual, so I would have to disable all, or none... Also I couldn't yet figure out the cornering lights issue...

:cool:

Mackhack
26th February, 2010, 09:31 PM
I might check it out tomorrow. It's a too nice day to work on the car at 28 degrees Celsius.

smirnoff_rules
26th February, 2010, 09:34 PM
I might check it out tomorrow. It's a too nice day to work on the car at 28 degrees Celsius.

yea thats it .. rub it in lol

Mackhack
26th February, 2010, 09:41 PM
yea thats it .. rub it in lol

Anytime for you my friend :)

jobela
27th February, 2010, 12:42 PM
Here is a cool mod for when the wife drives

With an irritating buzzer...

Mackhack
27th February, 2010, 08:22 PM
Here is a cool mod for when the wife drives

With an irritating buzzer...

What car are you quoting on all the time with these pix?

Qrius
27th February, 2010, 08:27 PM
What car are you quoting on all the time with these pix?

He's referring to the limiter function on C30 AMG W203! :rolleyes:

Mackhack
27th February, 2010, 08:42 PM
He's referring to the limiter function on C30 AMG W203! :rolleyes:

Oh a C30. The display looks cheap to me that's why I was asking.

Qrius
27th February, 2010, 08:44 PM
His post #46 shows an C32 Instrument Cluster
All others are the "normal" Instument clusters from W203 before facelift.

Mackhack
27th February, 2010, 09:17 PM
Gotcha. Some older cars huh? I'm trying to get a CLS63 cluster put into my E320. Gotta love that nice cluster.

jobela
28th February, 2010, 02:18 AM
Not quite.

One of the pictures, the one with the chrome AMG borders inside the IC, is from an C30 AMG from March 2003 (prefacelift) and was only there to show that pre-August-2003 can take the Qty mod also.

All other pictures are from mine, a T-model w203 C200CDi of Nov. 2003 (prefacelift)

Mackhack
28th February, 2010, 02:22 AM
OK. I think I just saw the pictures in the other forum too.

nguyennhatquang
1st March, 2010, 10:42 AM
@jobela : how to make the remove key warning like your car.
my car is W203 prefacelift...
Thank u so much

jobela
4th March, 2010, 08:38 PM
You have a new msg

:D

jobela
4th March, 2010, 08:43 PM
Well, it looks like all W203 are able to enable the tank capacity indication on the IC.

This img153.jpg is from a C200K of November 2000.

Anyone knows how to disable (img150.jpg) the 120Km/h warning (it's so ******* annoying...)

Regards

Mackhack
4th March, 2010, 08:47 PM
In what country do they show this warning besides the Emirates?

jobela
4th March, 2010, 09:53 PM
In what country do they show this warning besides the Emirates?

This warning can be programmed to be visible in all but Japan, at least

Mackhack
4th March, 2010, 09:57 PM
This warning can be programmed to be visible in all but Japan, at least

This wasn't my question though. I was asking in which countries the warning is being displayed. This is nothing standard for every country and only set for cars which are being sold in countries where the law says so.

I'm here in the US and we don't have this set to display by default.

jobela
4th March, 2010, 10:07 PM
This wasn't my question though. I was asking in which countries the warning is being displayed. This is nothing standard for every country and only set for cars which are being sold in countries where the law says so.

I'm here in the US and we don't have this set to display by default.

Well, do you have DAS ?

Mackhack
4th March, 2010, 10:11 PM
Well, do you have DAS ?

Yep I do. Do you?

jobela
4th March, 2010, 10:23 PM
You have a new msg.

I dunno what are the countries (if any) that come with this warning activated by default, but the option is there, the car is mine, so I do what I want with it. Just sharing my (yet short) experience

Regards

Mackhack
4th March, 2010, 10:29 PM
I didn't mean to offend you Jobela. I said earlier I know the cars which are being sold in the United Emirate States have this on by default and I believe the governor is also limited to 120 km/h if I recall.

jobela
4th March, 2010, 10:33 PM
I didn't mean to offend you Jobela. I said earlier I know the cars which are being sold in the United Emirate States have this on by default and I believe the governor is also limited to 120 km/h if I recall.

No ofense was taken

The msg I send you regards the programming of the key warning, not the capacity of the tank or the speed limit warning

Regards

Mackhack
4th March, 2010, 10:39 PM
Does anyone knows what "KI ist programmiert, Summerausgabe" means???

jobela
5th March, 2010, 12:04 AM
Does anyone knows what "KI ist programmiert, Summerausgabe" means???

Looks like it is something to do with the buzzer programming

Regards

Mackhack
5th March, 2010, 12:10 AM
But what does KI stand for? Kuenstliche Intelligenz (= Artificial Intelligence)?

jobela
5th March, 2010, 12:25 AM
Can it be something like Key Line (pre-can protocol) ?

Mackhack
5th March, 2010, 12:26 AM
Certainly! But I don't really know.

jobela
5th March, 2010, 12:32 AM
It will take someone who really knows german

Mackhack
5th March, 2010, 12:36 AM
I am German and I still don't know what it is!

jobela
5th March, 2010, 12:48 AM
I am German and I still don't know what it is!

Well, that makes you a valuable asset, lol, just a joke

Serious could it be the buzzer activation or programming via the KL protocol?

Mackhack
5th March, 2010, 02:30 AM
Oh no joke... If I can help out with language barriers, please ask! Everyone!

jobela
5th March, 2010, 02:56 PM
Oh no joke... If I can help out with language barriers, please ask! Everyone!

Glad you are available, because I have been trying to web-translate the menus items (I'm new in this) since I got the Mux. Maybe I can send you some excel with translations, for you to check if thei're correct.

Anything you need and I can provide just ask.

Mackhack
5th March, 2010, 06:33 PM
@jobela: Send it over!!!

Dajan2009
5th March, 2010, 11:09 PM
But what does KI stand for? Kuenstliche Intelligenz (= Artificial Intelligence)?
Is this a joke??:smokin: KI stands for Kombi Instrument in german, or Instrument Cluster in english.
Cheers:ciao:

Mackhack
5th March, 2010, 11:13 PM
Is this a joke??:smokin: KI stands for Kombi Instrument in german, or Instrument Cluster in english.

Hey at least give me credit for creativity :ciao:

But yeah now when you said it, makes def. some sense.

Dajan2009
5th March, 2010, 11:32 PM
Hey at least give me credit for creativity :ciao:

But yeah now when you said it, makes def. some sense.
Yeah, You are right! :tee: Congratulations mate! But, i bet you will agree that the german engineers who developed the KI and other modules had artificial intelligence in mind, at least in a simplified way. What they couldn't imagine is that it will turn against them someday:guns: :hmmmm:

Mackhack
5th March, 2010, 11:38 PM
What do you mean? What will turn against them some day?

Dajan2009
6th March, 2010, 12:03 AM
I mean that it hapened before, many times. It hapens that a idea which is basicaly good, like the warning sistem on KI of W211, SBC on W230-W211, sliding wandler on 722.6, watchdog on car modules, could turn against the creator. This is because they are scaring people (you can read this like taking away people's money and trust in the brand they loved) with technology that is not 100% reliable and because somebody who make plans wants to go faster than he can. In my country there is a said that tells that "somebodi has made a barbecue while the rabbit is still in the woods.."
No ofense planed, just a personal point of wiew from inside..:cool:

Mackhack
6th March, 2010, 12:08 AM
I have no problems with the cluster instrument. SBC was at the time of development way ahead of its time. This was just another invention of MB and Bosch that nobody ever had seen before. Some issues were there, it's not out there anymore on newer cars. But they figured it all out, the 10.000 cycle software bug has been fixed a few years ago on the SBC system and quite frankly - if nobody totals my W211 I will never get rid of it. This car is just reliable, sexy looking and the more OEM retrofitting I do on the car the more I love it!

Dajan2009
6th March, 2010, 12:29 AM
One more post and I go to sleep..:stoned:
I dont think there is anything wrong with the IC, they just realized later that it is better to give less alerts to the driver, that the SBC is great but it is also scary for people when it leaves them without brakes, or when it stops your car, turns the engine off an turn on the red alert on the IC, or a big disappointment when you need to change some 500? module just because you changed your car battery, even if it is made in a MB workshop. I agree that you can avoid these not so nice situations but I must also say that I met people almost every day that confide me their disappointment with their cars. And I can tell you that these people loved truly their cars before that. I personaly think W211 is one of the greatest cars from MB, and iI am seriously thinking about buying one for everiday use. And one W124 500E for loving it ;)

jobela
6th March, 2010, 01:51 AM
I have no problems with the cluster instrument. SBC was at the time of development way ahead of its time. This was just another invention of MB and Bosch that nobody ever had seen before. Some issues were there, it's not out there anymore on newer cars. But they figured it all out, the 10.000 cycle software bug has been fixed a few years ago on the SBC system and quite frankly - if nobody totals my W211 I will never get rid of it. This car is just reliable, sexy looking and the more OEM retrofitting I do on the car the more I love it!

Exactly my thoughts on my C-class. And I, for one, think if the functions are there, then I should use them :D

cool

Mackhack
6th March, 2010, 01:54 AM
Exactly my thoughts on my C-class. And I, for one, think if the functions are there, then I should use them :D

cool

Correct, and I'm not scared of anything that pops up in the display to warn me of something might be wrong. That's why it is there in place.

Dajan2009
6th March, 2010, 09:48 PM
Ok, it is my fault, maybe I didn't expressed myself in the way I had to. I can live with that. :flute:
@jobela: of course you want to use them, they are there for it. Bye :ciao:

gmatj
15th May, 2010, 09:42 PM
Glad you are available, because I have been trying to web-translate the menus items (I'm new in this) since I got the Mux. Maybe I can send you some excel with translations, for you to check if thei're correct.

Anything you need and I can provide just ask.

What mux and from where did you buy ?? Are you happy with it so far ??
Thnx
G.

crazypotato
17th September, 2010, 07:07 PM
This is 05/2009 version, i keep because of the developer options still running, this is my personal one. At the workshop I have two C4 11/2009 and 01/2010 but I must say they are not stable at all. They are slooow as hell, HHt stucks when you get from one car to other, and when you try to print something DAS colapses. It hapened a few times that it crashed in the middle of programing of ECU. Not good at all! :pcguru:

Is C4 slow or the newer DAS version being slow? I find C4 is really slow with 2009 DAS.