PDA

View Full Version : Airbag 65535 error

dfi
14th January, 2010, 12:10 AM
Anyone knows why this error appears out of nowhere in vw/audi airbag ecu's??? I changed one with the 65535 error with a good one, and surprise! after a few minutes, the same error. The first one has a cr16 mcu, the second one a hc11 mcu. :confused:

Alex789
14th January, 2010, 12:16 AM
Anyone knows why this error appears out of nowhere in vw/audi airbag ecu's??? I changed one with the 65535 error with a good one, and surprise! after a few minutes, the same error. The first one has a cr16 mcu, the second one a hc11 mcu. :confused:

Such faults are usually caused by low voltage supply to module. It leads to incorrect reading/writing in the dump.

dfi
14th January, 2010, 08:22 AM
Such faults are usually caused by low voltage supply to module. It leads to incorrect reading/writing in the dump.

I assure you the voltage in the car was/is ok. I'm going to clear the error and try again.

Dajan2009
14th January, 2010, 09:58 PM
Which model and year is the car?
Maybe You should look here Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: VW Issues (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vw_issues.html#Airbags)
Cheers

dfi
14th January, 2010, 10:19 PM
Which model and year is the car?
Maybe You should look here Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: VW Issues (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vw_issues.html#Airbags)
Cheers

thanks, I knew about that, I have vcds 805; Strange, but today I cleared the error, connected power, k-line, seatbelt tensioners, and when I connected driver side crush sensor the 65535 error appeared again; I think in this case I will change the side impact sensors, and it may be solved.

BTW, the controller code is 8D0 959 655 L, not listed in the Ross-Tech issues.

yasser
14th January, 2010, 10:30 PM
This is Internal Memory Error in VAG cars.
You can repaire it, but have to make many tryes.
Desolder, reprogram , solder, try....again untill it sleeps ;)

I had same problem with VW Polo 2001y.
I make it for more than 4-5 hours. Build good file, from 2 files :D
Upload original "crashed" file.

Also send and your cleared file.

dfi
14th January, 2010, 11:18 PM
This is Internal Memory Error in VAG cars.
You can repaire it, but have to make many tryes.
Desolder, reprogram , solder, try....again untill it sleeps ;)

I had same problem with VW Polo 2001y.
I make it for more than 4-5 hours. Build good file, from 2 files :D
Upload original "crashed" file.

Also send and your cleared file.

Thanks, but I have the clear file; Just wanted to know other causes than old version of vag-com to make the error appear, to beware of them.

umoussa
14th March, 2010, 05:02 AM
The Airbags of this car got deployed and you cleared the controller or this error happened accidently?

If the airbags were deployed and you cleared the EEPROM, it's mostly you have cleared the controller incorrectly.

Anyhow i have a cleared tested dump for this controller.

There should be 68HC11K4 MCU inside

Thank you

MOBILTRONIC
14th March, 2010, 11:53 AM
In my case,clean dump was useless.Try with VAG Airbag reset tool.If not successful,maybe on last must be replaced this module.My experience.

kusasusa
14th March, 2010, 11:06 PM
You have problem Internal Memory Error.

You can save the programmer to re-enroll in the whole dump(eeprom +eprom)processor or that you take VAG Airbag reset tool.

BR
Kusasusa

motocarlos
14th March, 2010, 11:33 PM

hello,
for this ecu error 65535 and to clear it, i have buy to the company talk to my car (www.talktomycar.co.uk (http://www.talktomycar.co.uk)) the airbag cleanner and work very good with the mcu cr 16, but sometimes it apear again the error, i think its a problem with some ecus airbag.

just go check the site or buy it, its not very expenssive, and you can repair other airbags units by the obd door.

best regards.

perko78
14th May, 2010, 09:06 AM
Hi all. Here is a dump from BOSCH 8E0959655G airbag module with TMS microcontroller and 95640 EEPROM. No crush data stored but a fault "Internal memory error" exists that can not b reset by OBDII diagnostic. Any ideas/clean dump/anything? Thanks!

MOBILTRONIC
14th May, 2010, 11:14 PM
Hi,try again with VAG Airbag reset tool.Faults,65535 & crash data,must be worked on that module.

fullank
28th May, 2010, 10:15 AM
HI all.
I had the same problem at audi a6.
Faults caused by low battery.
I tried the Chinese airbag reseter but after every 3 days it was back again.
So After then I got a working module. I read out of the memory. And reprogrammed the faulty module. And that is works fine now!!!