PDA

View Full Version : Help Please.

andymc1s
30th September, 2008, 07:46 PM
I need help I am an absolute beginner to sat tv, I have a Dreambox 500s and fixed dish pointing at Asra 19.2 . I have flashed box with DK Image version 1.1 and have used DCC, TO FTP FILES TO BOX . the only available camd is Evocamd 2.12 it is not working for encrypted channels,and I dont have a server just a crossover cabe and null modem lead. Ihave read lots of posts but am not able to fix this problem . Is there an Image which already has the required Emu. I hope this makes sense.can anyone help me please
Regards AndyMc1.

djrm
30th September, 2008, 09:02 PM
Greetings Andy,

I'm a new DM500s user too, though I have now tried a couple of images.
The first one was PLiJade which includes the ccam which made my friends sky free card decode ch4, five, etc.

The other image I have tried is Darkstar2, on this I needed to use the online download tool to install ccam2.09 which then was able to decode the same as above.

hth David

Curious123
30th September, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evocamd is not very good for decoding satellite channels. I don't have DK1 image loaded on any of my boxes so not sure if there is an option to download other cams. You could ftp the cam across but that could be tricky if you are noob. I would follow djrm's advice and load the pli image with the Cccam preloaded and than all you need to do is copy the satankey bundle to your box.

andymc1s
30th September, 2008, 09:47 PM
Greetings Andy,

The first one was PLiJade which includes the ccam which made my friends sky free card decode ch4, five, etc.

The other image I have tried is Darkstar2, on this I needed to use the online download tool to install ccam2.09 which then was able to decode the same as above.

hth David

Cheers David I will try the PLIjade and see if I can make some progess
Thanks Andy

andymc1s
30th September, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evocamd is not very good for decoding satellite channels. I don't have DK1 image loaded on any of my boxes so not sure if there is an option to download other cams. You could ftp the cam across but that could be tricky if you are noob. I would follow djrm's advice and load the pli image with the Cccam preloaded and than all you need to do is copy the satankey bundle to your box.

Thanks for the Info can I get the satankey bundle on this forum and am I breaking any rules asking these type of questions.
Regards Andy.

aftermath
30th September, 2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the Info can I get the satankey bundle on this forum and am I breaking any rules asking these type of questions.
Regards Andy.

we dont have satans keys on here or any other keys.

andymc1s
30th September, 2008, 10:16 PM
we dont have satans keys on here or any other keys.

Sorry for asking the wrong question
Regards Andy

Curious123
30th September, 2008, 11:24 PM
when it comes to satellite recivers google is your best friend.

krazylegz
30th September, 2008, 11:54 PM
or when it comes to satellite recievers just hook it up to the net and use the addon server;)

andymc1s
1st October, 2008, 12:59 AM
Greetings Andy,

hth David

Hi David have tried Pli Jade but still no joy , but thanks for the help.
Regards Andy.

djrm
1st October, 2008, 09:20 PM
Hi Andy, when PLi is installed you need to select ccam as the default cam in the card setup screen, then restart evolution, or just reboot to activate the card. Then you can check that the card is being seen and check its capabilities, The card I used took a while to update before the channels would display, the card had not been used for a year or more. its been fine since. Sorry cant give more precise details at the moment as PliJade is not my current image. David.

andymc1s
19th December, 2008, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=djrm;47799]Hi Andy, when PLi is installed you need to select ccam as the default cam in the card setup screen, then restart evolution, or just reboot to activate the card. Then you can check that the card is being seen and check its capabilities, The card I used took a while to update before the channels would display, the card had not been used for a year or more. its been fine since. Sorry cant give more precise details at the moment as PliJade is not my current image. David.[/QUOTE

Sorry for not replying until now had to get a new LapTop as my brother dropped my last one . I followed your advice and was able to make progress,
using cc cam 2.09 . I was able to clear some good chnls with english audio feeds. But now unfortunately they all seem to be switching to Nagra 3.

Thanks once again for your help much appreciated.

Andy:party: