PDA

View Full Version : Are duration maps chosen based on engine temperature in EDC16?

HadLar
9th July, 2020, 10:34 AM
Hi there, I've been trying to chiptune my own car and I've been learning a lot, but the thing im stuck is fuel timing. I've found the SOI and duration maps in my EDC16 file and I can change the values no problem, the thing im having issues with is understanding how duration maps are chosen. I've seen some places say duration 00 is for when the SOI is 25+ degrees, duration 01 is for when SOI is 20-25 degrees, etc, but other places say that its based on engine coolant temperature. I read online that EOI should be 10-11 degrees. but that isnt the case on even some of the stock values. Could anyone help me with some information about Duration, SOI and EOI? I can attach my tuned file if any of you want to have a look at it and point out any issues. I'm also having trouble finding the duration selector map.

jurebv
9th July, 2020, 12:22 PM
duration based on soi, soi based on coolant

if you're talking vag edc16

DiegoStud
9th July, 2020, 12:31 PM
Duration selector is immediately before Duration 0 map. Axis is degrees so therefore duration map selection is based on SOI not temperature. Duration map number is provided using the factor 0.003906.
If you are planning on making calculations it would be worth adding that duration maps are not directly chosen when the SOI falls between a certain range as you describe, but values are interpolated between maps as the SOI varies.

eg if Duration selector is 9 SOI=duration map 3, 15 SOI=duration map 2. Map 3 says 20 degrees duration, map 2 says 21 degrees. If SOI is 12 degrees then duration would be 20.5 degrees.

As for EOI should be whatever, it could be doesn't mean it should be.