PDA

View Full Version : com port

redclarke
30th September, 2008, 08:19 PM
anyone no how i get a com port

aftermath
30th September, 2008, 08:32 PM
you cant get a com port..

a com port is already built into your PC.

most laptops dont have it these days, but PCs do.

its old technology now.

If you have a PC look at the back and look for a 9 pin plug , 5 pins at the top, and 4 pins at the bottom, this is called a male plug, you will need a female 9 pin plug to fit this, i.e a Null modem cable,

hope this helps

redclarke
30th September, 2008, 08:38 PM
shit ive got a lap top with 15 pin female with null cable to go in end of my eurovox which is a 9 pin male, my eurovox is stuck in stand by mode wot can i do.

aftermath
30th September, 2008, 08:41 PM
2 options

first borrow a mates PC which has com port.

second , buy a USB to Serial converting cable.

i thing first option is best.

redclarke
30th September, 2008, 09:01 PM
then wot ave i got to do as this all new to me.

naveed1111
3rd October, 2008, 06:18 PM
These are the cables you will need,

If you have a computer or a laptop with a 9 pin serial com Male socket all you will need is this,

Female to Female Serial Null Modem Cable .

How to put the firmware onto your box.

1. Connect your Eurovox unit to your PC using the Null modem serial cable as shown above in the other post.

2. Plug in the power cord on the Eurovox unit and wait until (----) appears on the front display. If it has been flashed before you will see 4 digits instead

3. On your PC/Laptop Run the UFL Eurovox program which you downloaded in the post above.

4.Click on the 'download' button then wait until you see the following and click start..

If you do not see this ? check your connections between pc & Eurovox, also if you get the mesage system reset, turn your box off at the mains, hit the download button then plug your box in, (this may require a few attemps).

5. Now download will start .

Now your box is done