PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak & wi fi

jimlan
14th January, 2010, 08:01 PM
Hi, If I jailbreak my ipod touch, do I nead wi-fi, for cydia?, and has anyone used a program called, cyder?, new at this, I dont have wi-fi, but seen a video on cyder, so any advice welcome.

cheers

stopmotion
23rd January, 2010, 05:16 AM
If You want to install Cydia You will need Wi-Fi ... It's Basically
Part of the Jailbreak ;)

jimlan
24th January, 2010, 12:32 PM
Well, done the jailbreak, and all seems ok, done allsources, put installous on ipod, but it seems to download, but will not install onto ipod, installed nes, romullator from cydia, just sort of trying things, what are the best app, and game sites?.

thanks

ianmac
24th January, 2010, 01:56 PM
Well, done the jailbreak, and all seems ok, done allsources, put installous on ipod, but it seems to download, but will not install onto ipod, installed nes, romullator from cydia, just sort of trying things, what are the best app, and game sites?.

thanks

Download:

I have uploaded 1000's of free Apps here:

:wink:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f110/more-free-apps-iphone-ipod-touch-69282/

--------------------------------

--- Ian ---

:unionflag::musicus::unionflag:

jimlan
24th January, 2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks, how do I put them on ipod?

cheers

stopmotion
25th January, 2010, 01:23 AM
Thanks, how do I put them on ipod?

cheers

To install an App You will use 99% of the Time Itunes ... The
Other way is when You mess with Roms etc with another
Program ... But to get Itunes to recognise Backup Ipod Games
You will need to get Appulous running or Your Itunes wont
recognise the Downloaded Apps ... If You need a Step by step
Let Me know ... Its basically firing up Cydia ... Sources and Adding
a Url ... Once added ... You go to the "Url" in Cydia and download the Latest Patch which will allow Apps to be installed
as Normal in Itunes ;)

EDIT : Open Cydia ... then click "Manage" at the bottom ... Open "Sources" ... Click "Edit" at top Right ... The Click "Add" on Top Left ...
The type in Hackulo.us ... So the Line reads " HTTP//:Hackulo.us " ... Once added ... Open it ... and install "Appsync for OS 3.1"
Once done Your good to Go ;)

Nice List Ian ... Let Me know If Your missing any Apps ;)

ianmac
25th January, 2010, 01:51 AM
To install an App You will use 99% of the Time Itunes ... The
Other way is when You mess with Roms etc with another
Program ... But to get Itunes to recognise Backup Ipod Games
You will need to get Appulous running or Your Itunes wont
recognise the Downloaded Apps ... If You need a Step by step
Let Me know ... Its basically firing up Cydia ... Sources and Adding
a Url ... Once added ... You go to the "Url" in Cydia and download the Latest Patch which will allow Apps to be installed
as Normal in Itunes ;)

EDIT : Open Cydia ... then click "Manage" at the bottom ... Open "Sources" ... Click "Edit" at top Right ... The Click "Add" on Top Left ...
The type in Hackulo.us ... So the Line reads " HTTP//:Hackulo.us " ... Once added ... Open it ... and install "Appsync for OS 3.1"
Once done Your good to Go ;)

Nice List Ian ... Let Me know If Your missing any Apps ;)

-------------------------

:goodpost:

As stopmotion say's, "Appsync" is what you need to install downloaded Apps, like the ones I have posted or any Apps that you have on your pc/laptop, without Appsync the Apps will be shown as unauthorised in itunes.

Then all you have to do is drag the app into iTunes & sync with your iphone/ipod dock, or (even easier) you can just double click on the App & itunes will auto open up & put it in there.

The only reason that I have posted a load of Apps is because the "Appulous" program servers were very slow & they kept putting passwords on there.

Hope this helps

--- Ian ---

jimlan
25th January, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hi Guys, Yes already did the hackulos, apsync download, I downloaded one of your apps, flip time, opened it, tryed the drag and drop, no luck, double clicked, and it just says, windows cant open, In the folder for the app, Is it the= File_Id.Diz = 1KB, that I am trying to drag?, new at this, so be gentle,lol.

thanks

ianmac
25th January, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hi Guys, Yes already did the hackulos, apsync download, I downloaded one of your apps, flip time, opened it, tryed the drag and drop, no luck, double clicked, and it just says, windows cant open, In the folder for the app, Is it the= File_Id.Diz = 1KB, that I am trying to drag?, new at this, so be gentle,lol.

thanks

-----------------------------------

Let me know which App you have downloaded,
so that I recreate what you are doing, as when you said that you downloaded one of the Apps I can not work out how you have ended up with just a "File_Id.Diz" file.

The App should be in the name of you program with an ".ipa" extension, that is the file you drag or double click.

Just let me know a bit more about what you are working on & a few things for you to check:

1. which version itunes
2. which version iphone/ipod touch you have
3. what software version you are using, (i.e: is it 3.12)
4. Did you install Appsync 3.0 or 3.1
5. Have you installed a legal App & sync'd it through itunes before, even if it's a free one, as thats the way itunes will reconise the (.ipa) file to be used in that program.
6. Let me know the full name of the file that you have downloaded including the (.***) extension.

--- Ian ---

:unionflag::ridinghorse::unionflag:

jimlan
25th January, 2010, 04:32 PM
Hi, think itunes is latest,

Ipod is 32 gig touch 2nd gen
312 software
appsync is os 3.1
have about 30 free apps, from itunes
the app I downloaded was called fliptime, v2.0.cracked lpnrnapda, DIZ file, and, ipnra systems info, and, pnna 72, winrar zip.

hope this makes sence.

thanks

ianmac
25th January, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hi, think itunes is latest,

Ipod is 32 gig touch 2nd gen
312 software
appsync is os 3.1
have about 30 free apps, from itunes
the app I downloaded was called fliptime, v2.0.cracked lpnrnapda, DIZ file, and, ipnra systems info, and, pnna 72, winrar zip.

hope this makes sence.

thanks

Great!!

I think I might know where it is going wrong, without getting too tech as you said to "be gentle" lol, it seems to me that you are trying to drag or double click on the "winrar/zip" file.

The ".ipa" file or files you want are prob inside the winrar/zip file you have got,
So you need to extract the file or files from that with a program called "winrar" or "winzip", then you should have the ",ipa" file or files in the folder to drag or double click.

Just for a test, I found this link for the "fliptime" program that you mentioned, this one is version 2.2 so it is newer.

:wink:

AppScene - Super Simple File Hosting (http://www.appscene.org/download/LYsTUAYEIIcfc3da2fce)

The file above is an ".ipa" file, so if you get this and try dragging or double clicking it & see if that works for you, if so we just need to sort you out with the "winrar/zip" files for the future, not a problem, once this is sorted the rest will be easy for you later on. :hahaha:

--- Ian ---

P.S. Have you got the winrar program?

:unionflag::ridinghorse::unionflag:

jimlan
25th January, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hi, yes have winrar, did extrat file to desktop, and dragged, will delete that, and try your new one, and let you know how it goes.

cheers

jimlan
25th January, 2010, 07:33 PM
Hi, that worked a treat, a couple of seconds and done, but when I downloaded it as an rar, I extracted it to my desktop, but it did not look like the file I just downloaded from you, as for app-tracker, I have that as an app on my ipod, have tryed to download direct to my ipod, why does this not work?, but thanks for all your help, will prob be picking your brains further, lol, all the best.

cheers

ianmac
25th January, 2010, 09:43 PM
Hi, that worked a treat, a couple of seconds and done, but when I downloaded it as an rar, I extracted it to my desktop, but it did not look like the file I just downloaded from you, as for app-tracker, I have that as an app on my ipod, have tryed to download direct to my ipod, why does this not work?, but thanks for all your help, will prob be picking your brains further, lol, all the best.

cheers

:party::party:

Well done m8!!
We are getting somewhere, so we know that your:

Jailbroken ok,
Got the 3.12 firmware,
you got the right Appsync version 3.1,
& the drag + drop in itunes works, + double click on App should also work,

I think it was prob a bad "Rar" file you had m8, Rapidshare have been a bit of a pain these last few weeks for the "FREE downloads", they have been ok if you have an account with them like I have so might be that.

Most downloaded files will normally be in a compressed RAR or ZIP format & if you use the winrar program you can usually check/test if the file is in good condition & if the poster has got any sense they should put make it a repairable RAR, so if you still have that RAR/ZIP file, right click on it & choose to open it up with "winrar", then in the winrar program you should see a test archive tab & also somewhere you should see a repair tab.
So if you still have it, you might be able to repair it, (just a thought) lol

Anyway, let me know what other Apps you want & I will see if I can find some not RAR links for you.

Hope this helps you & just ask if you need any more help m8.

--- Ian ---

:unionflag:

jimlan
25th January, 2010, 10:32 PM
Hi, well I had deleted that app, but as you say, we know it works, with the right file, so thanks for all your time, and patience, I can only get better, lol, I will be back, as big arnie would say.

thanks

ianmac
25th January, 2010, 10:51 PM
Hi, well I had deleted that app, but as you say, we know it works, with the right file, so thanks for all your time, and patience, I can only get better, lol, I will be back, as big arnie would say.

thanks

Ok m8...

"Hasta la vista" Baby... lol

--- Ian ---