PDA

View Full Version : damos noob question

TESTASTRETTA
17th July, 2020, 07:46 PM
hello guys,
I would like to modify my own car Skoda 1.8T. so i have noob questions about Winols

1. I understood I need Damos to get the maps address asign, do you also use Damos or are you able by practice recognize to where to modify the data even without the damos?

2- I dowbloaded few damos but it does not match with my file, its because of different PN and software version? so in reality you need like 20 different damos for 1.8T?

attached is the picture of my file details

naach
17th July, 2020, 09:29 PM
A lot of damos for this sw online. Later I send you the good damos for this ecu

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

bazaa
17th July, 2020, 09:43 PM
your best looking/joining here if you want to learn properly as they are dedicated to ME7.5

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php

And to answer your question ,the maps are usually in the same order but have different offsets that is why they dont line up ,in a damos file find a map you want then switch to hex copy a few bits of data and then use search on your map and you will find the map in your file .

look on you tube for winols tutorials but there are alot info that will help in this forum if you search !

TESTASTRETTA
17th July, 2020, 10:02 PM
OK thanks guys, so i will try ti find the offset based on similar unit damos. Now i am little bit fighting with the german language in the damos so cant find the right maps at all :)

bazaa
17th July, 2020, 10:05 PM
Google translator is always a help with the German language copy and replace over damos descriptions

ive added damos in previous post for you

TESTASTRETTA
18th July, 2020, 07:56 AM
Thank you i m going to try your damos