PDA

View Full Version : DM7020-si

badapple
15th January, 2010, 01:12 AM
Just got call, someone selling a used DreamBox 7020-Si satellite receiver with 80gb HD for ?80.00.
He said he only used the box for 3 months and then packed it all up when he moved house but now got himself a 800HD.

Is this box and price any good and is there plenty of softwa*e and help available for this box, as I was going to pick it up over the weekend.

pob639
15th January, 2010, 01:44 AM
I'd say ye it a dam good price and there is load of software , images , plugings for the 7020si i own one and cant fault it and mine is over 5+ years old now been as good as any other box i've owned.
i've been running a enigma2 image on my box now for months without any faults although they are / was enigma 1 box
The older boxes had a network card fault that can be easyily fixed (mine did ) by replacing 2 capictors on the network card but i'd bet the box in question wouldn't need fixing unless it's over 4 years old
If i was you i'd snap his hands off at ?80 for a sat pvr receiver m8

badapple
15th January, 2010, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the good news m8.
Dont know how old the unit is but according to the guy it was all up and running. Even if its over 4 years old and has the network problem, i can replace the 2 caps myself as this wont be a problem for me.
I'll pick it up over the weekend and take it from there.
Thanks