PDA

View Full Version : Blogging?

Devilfish
29th March, 2008, 04:44 PM
Does anyone use a blog site on a regular basis?

I'm in the process of adding one here but not sure if anyone will use it.

What's your thoughts?

aftermath
29th March, 2008, 06:10 PM
Glen can you be a bit more specific as to what a blog site is for those that done know m8 ?

Devilfish
29th March, 2008, 06:50 PM
A blog site is basically a page where you can post anything you want on a regular basis. You can post your feelings, what you did that day, your plans for tomorrow, etc. If you have a project running you can update on that project, etc. It's basically an online dairy that others can read.

I'm not really into blogging myself but I know it plays a big part in the online communities these days.

Blogger.com is probably the biggest and I have created http://digital-kaos.blogspot.com using it. I did it basically to generate some backlinks and anchor links to this site from somewhere else in the hope that google sees it and uses it the results.

berley
29th March, 2008, 07:43 PM
tbh i dont use any blog sites, i think there's far too many social network sites on the net the now and blog sites will soon become secondary to them

Devilfish
29th March, 2008, 09:25 PM
I added a blog today and it's already been indexed by google and is in the search results, only took about 4 hours.

That's how powerfull a good blog site can be.

gazz10
7th April, 2008, 05:46 PM
For all the bloggers out there:

Some of the blogging community are worried that blogging could be bad for your health. The constant need to publish new and exciting facts is putting stress on successful bloggers, and the recent deaths from heart attacks of three popular writers is causing something of a rethink in the industry. ?I haven?t died yet,? Michael Arrington, founder and co-editor of TechCrunch, told The New York Times. ?At some point, I?ll have a nervous breakdown and be admitted to hospital, or something else will happen. This is not sustainable.?

Arrington claimed that he has gained 30 pounds and developed a severe sleeping disorder over the past three years as a result of his job. Two other technology bloggers, Russell Shaw, 60, and Marc Orchant, 50, have died of heart failures. While blogging has not been directly linked to their deaths, the stress of churning out thousands of words a day may have been a factor. ?There is no time ever, including when you?re sleeping, when you?re not worried about missing a story,? said Arrington. ?Wouldn?t it be great if we said that no blogger or journalist could write a story between 8pm Pacific time and dawn? Then we could all take a break. But that?s never going to happen.? You don?t have to worry though, RLSLOG is going to continue in bringing you hot news about latest scene releases no matter what?

Source: Vnunet, NY Times