PDA

View Full Version : newbe questions

Harnser
1st October, 2008, 11:01 AM
Hi, I`m new to dreambox and have been reading posts here to try to gather information, I think I`m getting there, but could someone please help/clarify a few points for me.

I will be using it in Italy with a 80cm dish for Astra28 2a/2b northbeam and Hotbird13.

1) I will be able to use a ?20 feesat card to unscramble ch4 and ch5, but will need to install an image and keys via null cable and pc. Any recommendations?

2) The box will not be able to unscramble any other nds videocrypt channels on astra28 without a monthly subscription card.

3) The box will be able to unscramble other channels on Hotbird/Astra not scrambled by videocrypt.

4) I`m am thinking about buying a 500s from Linuxsat, has anyone had any dealings with them, or have any other recommendations? I believe there boxes to be clones, but they are cheap, and I would like to buy from someone who is based in the UK (Guarantee/Returns).

Thanks in advance for any advise.

krazylegz
1st October, 2008, 11:17 AM
1) you should receive them ok on a 80cm if you're in northern italy but you migh struggle and need a slightly larger for southern italy.

2)that is correct m8

3)all channels on 28.2e(bar free view etc) are encrypted with videocrypt, however you will be able to decrypt polsat and tps on hotbird, have you not thought about premiere on 19.2e?

4)ive never bought one from there so can say m8, the only uk based shop i've bought from is Satstore DreamBox Dragon cam TREX T-REX UK ATMega Funcard DreamBox (http://www.satstore.co.uk) a tad more expensive but 100% genuine and next day shipping:)

hope this helps m8

chapdis
1st October, 2008, 02:11 PM
I just bought a linuxbox from this chap in Germany through Ebay (
Delivery went fine, product is okay (DM500-s clone). The linuxbox is the same as Inetbox 300s or optibox 5001, etc... I got it for ?102 incl. postage to France.

I received it yesterday and about to learn how to use it.