PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Rav4 Srs on after miles job

MileageAudit5
4th August, 2020, 07:34 AM
Any ideas on why the SRS malfunction has come on after doing a mile job? Everything else is good. Took battery off and cleaned with launch scan tool, but srs still comes back. Maybe a higher grade scanner can clear it, or something with the coding? Used sf tool, usually no problems for this car. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ateyourv8
4th August, 2020, 01:56 PM
Well what is the code for srs? Have you saved original file? Try putting original file back.
Try the easy things first, and backtrack what you did. Not so hard.

Diagcar1
4th August, 2020, 02:43 PM
Did you put the car on ignition without the dashboard installed?

MileageAudit5
4th August, 2020, 03:08 PM
Well what is the code for srs? Have you saved original file? Try putting original file back.
Try the easy things first, and backtrack what you did. Not so hard.

I do have the original file saved. That is an option. According to my scanner the 2 airbag codes that are not clearing are B1650 “Occupant classification system malfunction” and B1794 “Occupant classification ECU battery positive line open” thoughts? I’ll probably end up writing original file back but hopefully I can avoid that option.

MileageAudit5
4th August, 2020, 03:12 PM
Did you put the car on ignition without the dashboard installed?

I do not think I did turn car ignition on without dashboard installed. Although, I may have unlocked it since key was in my pocket. If I did maybe it’s why srs malfunction comes on screen?

ateyourv8
4th August, 2020, 04:33 PM
Check fuse for OPDS and calibrate passenger seat.

MileageAudit5
6th August, 2020, 06:05 AM
Check fuse for OPDS and calibrate passenger seat.

Checked fuses, all are good. Wrote original file back to the car and same srs codes are still there. Tried clearing with snap on scanner and codes turn off then come right back. Is calibrating passenger seat still a potential solution? Not sure how to do this but I’ll look around.

Would resetting the srs module do anything since no accidents have occurred?

ateyourv8
6th August, 2020, 01:43 PM
Yes, go to opds menu, should be seperate from srs menu. If you have no communication, start checking wires.

MileageAudit5
6th August, 2020, 02:05 PM
Yes, go to opds menu, should be seperate from srs menu. If you have no communication, start checking wires.

Great, will try today and post update. Thanks for the info

lwood
6th August, 2020, 10:23 PM
you need to calibrate passenger seat.
miles job, did not cause this problem..