PDA

View Full Version : BMW E39 EWS 3 problem

obdmaster
15th January, 2010, 09:07 PM
My dads 1997 (built sept 1997) 520 tourer, has an ews problem car doesnt crank. Doesnt run but cranks when wires at pins 1+2 two blacks are disconnected from ews and linked. not done diagnostics yet but suspect ews, this problem has occured since car was cranked with flat battery. tested continuity threw transponder aerial ok. And when using my rf tester at aerial seems to give rf out. What are my options please. I have BMW inpa , Bmw scanner 1.4.0 and my xprog-m will be here either tomorrow or monday. I see on xprog-m program there is an EWS 3 option?

Much thanks in advance from both me and my Dad!

:musicus: :confused:

Claudiu_dar
15th January, 2010, 09:29 PM
I had a problem like yours ,all you have to do is to read HC11EA9 from your EWS module,then must edit it in EWS editor and give all rolling codes in FF, fixed codes must remain the same.For reading the proccesor you must lift VDDSYN(23pin) and RXD (pin20).After that ,put all back and it must start like before.

obdmaster
15th January, 2010, 09:37 PM
Sorry to be numb, but what is ews editor, if it is program, is there download link?

PremierD
15th January, 2010, 09:44 PM
This one mate ....

yasser
15th January, 2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks, Man, verry good program.

obdmaster
15th January, 2010, 10:38 PM
thankyou so much, claudiu_bar, and PremiereD, very good info. oh ye My old man says thanks also.

Ps just hope it fixes the bloody thing should do,( I HOPE)

vares
15th January, 2010, 11:41 PM
First check key status in EWS with PAsoft,and try start with second key.I think you lost some bites in key transpoder.
Overall, we expect the results of diagnostic mate.

cjawahir
16th January, 2010, 12:21 AM
switch the ignition on and keep your finger on top of elmos ic if its very hot change that first , and dont read anything from motorola ic .

cj

obdmaster
16th January, 2010, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE=vares;414564]First check key status in EWS with PAsoft,and try start with second key.I think you lost some bites in key transpoder.
Overall, we expect the results of diagnostic mate.[/QU

Tomorrow will check key status and post results, my dad has no spare key unfortunately!!!!!!

Will post results in morning thanks m8

cjawahir
16th January, 2010, 02:50 AM
if you cannot scan the EWS then the elmos IC is 100% bad .

cj

obdmaster
16th January, 2010, 11:22 AM
if you cannot scan the EWS then the elmos IC is 100% bad .

cj

using bmw scanner 1.4.0, cannot scan ews no communication going to check lives and earths
maybe communication line. Any other ideas his radio has a mind of its own also. switches self on and off, sometimes you get sound with no display. This is a BAD freemans job. much thanks for everyones help so far.

obdmaster
16th January, 2010, 11:54 AM
switch the ignition on and keep your finger on top of elmos ic if its very hot change that first , and dont read anything from motorola ic .

cj

Checked lives at EWS as i was checking noticed:
The elmos ic gets hot m8, no communication with scanner! found them at codecard:ELMOS 10029A for use in BMW EWS3 (http://www.codecard.lt/electronics/car-electronic-repair-parts/elmos-10029a-for-use-in-bmw-ews3/prod_132.html)
Does replacing the ic fix problem? May it of damaged motorolla?
My Ecu part no. is SIEMENS 5WK9 0322 index10 can it be decoded to make it free running?
what are my options? Much thanks everything that been posted been a great help so far.

cartronic
16th January, 2010, 01:18 PM
send dump please to try to repair

vares
16th January, 2010, 02:17 PM
Replace first elmos,take it from the same used EWS.
Motorola MCU will be the last thing.Step by step mate:)

yasser
16th January, 2010, 03:13 PM
Vares is correct.
Sometimes ELMOS in burning from nothing.
Yesterday you drive car, tomorow morning do not know?!?!

obdmaster
16th January, 2010, 03:29 PM
shall i buy chip from codecard or get used ews3 box m8. Thanks again id be lost on this one without you DK members

cjawahir
16th January, 2010, 04:56 PM
change the elmos ic , i have done the same but it in a tight area .

To take out yours you can cut the pins , then take pin one by one , this way you dont damage anything on the board .

taking out an old good one you use a hot air tool an lots of flux .

cj

obdmaster
16th January, 2010, 05:51 PM
change the elmos ic , i have done the same but it in a tight area .

To take out yours you can cut the pins , then take pin one by one , this way you dont damage anything on the board .

taking out an old good one you use a hot air tool an lots of flux .

cj

Thankyou for advice m8, and your right the elmos is in very tight area. And dont want to damage anything else on board. Do you think it would be easier to get second hand unit and change motorolla as lot more room around that. Not sure which way to head with this. thanks again m8.

Found them at obdauto for $6 are they the same that codecard want 35 euros for? Has anyone bought anything from obdauto? As i will probably buy 2 and something else to build up order
http://www.auto0755.com/views.asp?hw_id=382
here is a picture of EWS3 board the chip in question is the smaller one, to the middle of pcb

PremierD
16th January, 2010, 07:25 PM
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2500/dscf4099.th.jpg (http://img684.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf4099.jpg)
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7995/dscf4100o.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf4100o.jpg)
You need a smaller version of this mate ... I used this one for Merc Vito EZS ..908

yasser
16th January, 2010, 07:28 PM
I buy much things from OBDAuto.
All things what i have ordered I have recieved.

cjawahir
17th January, 2010, 12:41 AM
the benz ic is easy to desolder with hot air but BMW is not easy , I think they use silver bearing solder .

I think its best to take out the elmos ic , as i said take you time and cut the pins remove the ic and clean the pins from the board , use lots of flux .

to solder use lots of flux and drag solder , be carefull not to detach any parts from the board .

I destroy a few boards before, and now i use this method

cj

Meat-Head
17th January, 2010, 01:15 AM
yeah it's fun removing chips with hot air gun, trap it in vise, make sure you lift vertical so you don't go sideways and destroy things.

You could superglue some thing to the old chip to help with vertical lift.

PermiarD

Could you explain a little about your 'bell end' please.
is it hard or soft? If you smack it, does it play a tune?

vares
17th January, 2010, 02:02 AM
PLCC28 is not at all difficult desolder with normal soldering iron :)
It is only necessary for the patience and experience:)

PremierD
17th January, 2010, 10:10 AM
yeah it's fun removing chips with hot air gun, trap it in vise, make sure you lift vertical so you don't go sideways and destroy things.

You could superglue some thing to the old chip to help with vertical lift.

PermiarD

Could you explain a little about your 'bell end' please.
is it hard or soft? If you smack it, does it play a tune?

Soft mate ...( but age does not come alone ):rofl:... They are not essential but a good addition if you don't want to damage the surrounding components with the hot air....
MY BELL ENDS (http://www.jbctools.com/advanced-series/stations/desoldering-rework/234-desoldering-rework/385-am-rework-station)

obdmaster
17th January, 2010, 10:35 AM
premiered you have lots of good toys. last question the pcb is varnished, what do i do with that m8?:bounce:

PremierD
17th January, 2010, 10:38 AM
premiered you have lots of good toys. last question the pcb is varnished, what do i do with that m8?:bounce:

It's called Nitromors mate .....(paint and varnish stripper)....

Meat-Head
17th January, 2010, 12:02 PM
It's called Nitromors mate .....(paint and varnish stripper)....

adam28 mentioned something from maplins, but properbly easier to pm him than look through his cool threads!

As long as it smells nice, that's all that matters.

Does nitromors remove the numbers off the chips.

Partly off topic

1995 somebody gave me a 'Vecta' immboliser, the original square one, took 6 weeks with 'betterware chip pan cleaner' to get the smeg off it, had yellow hands for two days, but got it open. Later ones are (were) epoxy and game over, non drillable!

PremierD
17th January, 2010, 12:07 PM
adam28 mentioned something from maplins, but properbly easier to pm him than look through his cool threads!

As long as it smells nice, that's all that matters.

Does nitromors remove the numbers off the chips.

Partly off topic

1995 somebody gave me a 'Vecta' immboliser, the original square one, took 6 weeks with 'betterware chip pan cleaner' to get the smeg off it, had yellow hands for two days, but got it open. Later ones are (were) epoxy and game over, non drillable!

There are all sorts of products to do it mate .... But none come close to old fashioned paint stripper ... And no it will not remove the numbers ....( but for fcuks sake wash your hands BEFORE going for a leak)....

cjawahir
17th January, 2010, 12:50 PM
...( but for fcuks sake wash your hands BEFORE going for a leak)....[/QUOTE]

:p ha ha , good advice , thanks for that

cj

vares
18th January, 2010, 04:44 PM
obdmaster
Does your dad flies in bmw now or still waiting elmos ?

adam28
18th January, 2010, 06:14 PM
PremierD is right nitromors is best,but make sure you order a 5 litre tin.Because if the geezer dont want to pay for the job you have done, you got enough left to chuck on his motor.

This is the gear from maplin, pretty good for cleaning up PCB after aswell
Isopropyl Alcohol : IPA Cleaner : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=28994)

vares
18th January, 2010, 08:27 PM
Isopropyl smells like cat piss :)
Denatured alcohol is available in each building products store/shops - it`s for washing and cleanind only!!! :)
For Teeth and Throat is other beverages.

obdmaster
22nd January, 2010, 03:38 PM
My m8 PremiereD sent me a used EWS3 box, thanks again for that m8. Ok I removed chip from box that premiered sent me, bit fiddly but came off . On my dads the varnish had seeped right underneath chip managed to get it off resoldered replacement chip to board. Now car still doesnt crank, i have left ECU off , just be on safe side . But it has communication to EWS:hmmmm:

Using pasoft BMW scanner 1.4.0, i have these fault codes:

of (15) Power on reset
03 (03) Toleration of changing code increased, key 0
43 (067) Toleration of changing code increaed, Key 4
40 (064) Wrong identification key 4
41 (065) Wrong password, key 4

ps these codes are straight after me changing chip. i havent cleared them , to see what codes remian after clearing

Now i am stuck again whats my next step please. Much thanks in advance to all replies on this thread, i have learnt alot of good stuff from you guys .Thanks again:wavey:

Here is apicture of premireD chip on my dads board:

cjawahir
22nd January, 2010, 04:47 PM
i dont know why its not reading the key , maybe read the eprom and make key ?

if all fail, you can order the ews from the dealer it comes vin coded and you can use the old key.

EWS 4.3 REPLACE EWS 3.

CJ

PremierD
22nd January, 2010, 04:58 PM
Been busy mate ..sorry .. Why not try the MCU .... And ff the vairiable data .. like was suggested ....but i don't know whether your blood pressure could stand another read.....

melcool
22nd January, 2010, 05:31 PM
My m8 PremiereD sent me a used EWS3 box, thanks again for that m8. Ok I removed chip from box that premiered sent me, bit fiddly but came off . On my dads the varnish had seeped right underneath chip managed to get it off resoldered replacement chip to board. Now car still doesnt crank, i have left ECU off , just be on safe side . But it has communication to EWS:hmmmm:

Using pasoft BMW scanner 1.4.0, i have these fault codes:

of (15) Power on reset
03 (03) Toleration of changing code increased, key 0
43 (067) Toleration of changing code increaed, Key 4
40 (064) Wrong identification key 4
41 (065) Wrong password, key 4

Now i am stuck again whats my next step please. Much thanks in advance to all replies on this thread, i have learnt alot of good stuff from you guys .Thanks again:wavey:

Here is apicture of premireD chip on my dads board:

What Key are you using 0 or 4???
You have to do what PremierD says! And if is not working you will have to copy dump from the key to edit and match whit EWS
NOTE. this is a random EWS dump from this forum!!!

obdmaster
22nd January, 2010, 05:43 PM
I have no idea which key im using m8, im pretty sure my dad only has the one key ! will read ews in morning and post dump. And reset rolling codes to ff. Much thanks m8:banghead:

just looked at clone xprog-m adaptors and got authorisation for bmw ews 3, but no k-line adaptor!!!!!!! must i remove HC11EA9 or can i read in circuit as previously posted

vares
22nd January, 2010, 06:09 PM
What is data from the key when you are reading ews?
Mast be seen the code from key in hex.
Put the screen from this window here.

obdmaster
22nd January, 2010, 06:25 PM
sure it displays key in hex vares, will post in morning, do you know if i can read MCU diagnostically using bmw scanner 1.4.0. thanks for your time m8

vares
22nd January, 2010, 07:06 PM
Read out and save(automaticaly) ews (you can read out most data from car modules) contents for backup.
I am not sure that you can read the correct eeprom dump via OBD with PAsoft (this dump little bit different from usual .bin and only 256 byte.Via OBD is other tools for EWS.

melcool
22nd January, 2010, 07:27 PM
Read out and save(automaticaly) ews (you can read out most data from car modules) contents for backup.
I am not sure that you can read the correct eeprom dump via OBD with PAsoft (this dump little bit different from usual .bin and only 256 byte.Via OBD is other tools for EWS.

You are right vares ... with BMW Scanner 1.4 or INPA can not be read the full (wrong read )content of EWS via OBD

obdmaster
22nd January, 2010, 08:03 PM
can i reset rolling code using bmw scanner or inpa or is remove mcu . which tools read full dump via obd . To be honest after plcc28 removal on this board, with varnish sticking down chip, dont really fancy removing another mcu. But if i must i will. :banghead:

BIG THANKS AGAIN TO ALL

melcool
22nd January, 2010, 08:47 PM
can i reset rolling code using bmw scanner or inpa or is remove mcu . which tools read full dump via obd . To be honest after plcc28 removal on this board, with varnish sticking down chip, dont really fancy removing another mcu. But if i must i will. :banghead:

BIG THANKS AGAIN TO ALL

You don't have to remove the MCU ... you can read in circuit the MCU and reset the rolling codes by editing dump.

PremierD
22nd January, 2010, 08:55 PM

BIG THANKS AGAIN TO
ALL

Think of the heart mate ... It can be read in circuit (thank fcuk I hear you say ....) I don't think you could handle another night like last night mate .....Although I whip em of ... You really need the extractors (sucky upy things ) ... :thrasher: Remember PMA......

Claudiu_dar
22nd January, 2010, 09:02 PM
For reading the proccesor you must lift VDDSYN(23pin) and RXD (pin20).After that ,put all back and it must start like before.
I writed right here how I did to read with UPA on USB,you can try to change the quartz with one of 8.
Pasoft 136 had a function "read key" ,I didn't find that function in 140 but you can take a look.

obdmaster
22nd January, 2010, 09:20 PM
Bought myself a suckeruperer pal not as fancy as yours though m8. Ive also bought a few nozzles same size as chips could use it on elmos too tight space no room. But can use it on mc68hc11ea9, its correct size a ha!:wavey:

Ive attached xprog-m user manual if you could m8 have a look at page 20 figure 2.3.3, i have still got to lift legs as said in earlier posts. Never done a job this hard ever!!!!

Claudiu_dar
22nd January, 2010, 09:44 PM
Tested with UPA - is working.
Hope to work for you too.
Regards

obdmaster
22nd January, 2010, 09:59 PM
Only got my hot air station last week and my xprog clone arrived wednesday , never really used a programmer before!!! Theres nothing like being thrown in at the deep end

:banghead:

Im sure i will have more questions in the morning and vares i will post key no.s in hex first m8.

Thanks alot everyone for being so informative great stuff thanks.

PremierD
22nd January, 2010, 09:59 PM
They are not fancy mate ... but practical .. It keeps the heat in .. and saves the bits round about it from being toasted (slightly)....I am still trying to scource you a set ....

But for this application ... you wont need them...

TIP .. as its a PLCC ... the legs are not easy to lift ... Get a craft knife .. and gently cut the pin on the flat bit .... then pull the lower section clear (very carefully ) when you've done the job (which you will)lift the lower part of the pin up .. then you only need a dab of flux and solder to join them back together....( i use a disposable razor blade just heat the pin and slip under it ...) but it 's a whole lot easier to cut them ....

obdmaster
22nd January, 2010, 10:44 PM
Tested with UPA - is working.
Hope to work for you too.
Regards

Please could you tell me why youve moved vdd, from original xprog drawing m8?:wavey:

Claudiu_dar
22nd January, 2010, 10:56 PM
It's possible that on your pcb the both pins to be connected.I didn't measured .That is my tested way to attack that proccesor.

cjawahir
23rd January, 2010, 12:30 AM
do you think you can cut the foil instead from pin 20 .

cj

Claudiu_dar
23rd January, 2010, 12:51 AM
No ,just lift pin 20 with help of a needel and hot air station

vares
23rd January, 2010, 02:09 AM
For what hot air station?Lift legs by ususal soldering iron with fine tip and needle or something like for this.
But be careful!
Here it is necessary to turn the leg lower part of the upward.Excessive bending may break the leg off completely!
You have one of the dead donor:)Try it on at the beginning.

melcool
23rd January, 2010, 03:08 AM
For what hot air station?Lift legs by ususal soldering iron with fine tip and needle or something like for this.
But be careful!
Here it is necessary to turn the leg lower part of the upward.Excessive bending may break the leg off completely!
You have one of the dead donor:)Try it on at the beginning.

a syringe needle for pulling/bending the pin from under MCU
NOTE : it seems that vares is faster :viking: than me...but I like to complete him :musicus: no offence :D

adam28
23rd January, 2010, 08:18 AM
They are not fancy mate ... but practical .. It keeps the heat in .. and saves the bits round about it from being toasted (slightly)....I am still trying to scource you a set ....

But for this application ... you wont need them...

TIP .. as its a PLCC ... the legs are not easy to lift ... Get a craft knife .. and gently cut the pin on the flat bit .... then pull the lower section clear (very carefully ) when you've done the job (which you will)lift the lower part of the pin up .. then you only need a dab of flux and solder to join them back together....( i use a disposable razor blade just heat the pin and slip under it ...) but it 's a whole lot easier to cut them ....

So you actually cut right through the PLCC leg then rejoin?
Cant you scrape off some coating on PCB cut through the copper trace which goes to the relevant pin. Then rejoin with some flux and solder,if there is the room.

PremierD
23rd January, 2010, 09:34 AM
So you actually cut right through the PLCC leg then rejoin?
Cant you scrape off some coating on PCB cut through the copper trace which goes to the relevant pin. Then rejoin with some flux and solder,if there is the room.

Sorry mate .. you have to disconnect the MCU from the board....you Either cut it ... (and I've done loads ) or you heat/bend/lift...(and possibly break)..them ...The choice is down to preference mate .....

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 10:24 AM
ive put together some screenshots, vares cant see hex key no. mate using pasoft 1.4.0

Not so keen on live data screen

Key transmits NO

From images what are thoughts?

again thanks for your time everyone.

the question is it worth me reading mcu from this?

PremierD
23rd January, 2010, 11:09 AM
ive put together some screenshots, vares cant see hex key no. mate using pasoft 1.4.0

Key transmits NO

You have gone this far mate .... You must read it ... Then you will see the Hex mate ... (or phone and order new one )....

milanoffracing
23rd January, 2010, 12:10 PM

Key transmits NO

Mate, in your screen I see only key 0.

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 12:34 PM
So shall we go on the presumption (my dad only has one key that being 0). much thanks or does that mean it knackered?

vares
23rd January, 2010, 12:51 PM
How will this story ever got started?
Key was in ignition lock and battery was discharged slowly to empty?

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 12:53 PM
Yes m8, went into a friends garage to be serviced and they either left boot open or ignition on when they serviced it

Well not going to get true story m8

vares
23rd January, 2010, 01:05 PM
Your case is not for beginners, as you yourself can understand.You need ews dump,key reader/writer now.

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 01:07 PM
Well might aswell get ews dump and go from there m8. will post it when got it, thanks again

Claudiu_dar
23rd January, 2010, 01:39 PM
Do you have inpa?If you do ,scan the car on ews and it should tell you something like:"key no. X its wrong".That's how you can realise what number has the key that you have.
For that ,I used pasoft 136,I didn't had special reader for keys.
What pasoft 140 reads (eprom)its bad.A dump of hc11ea9 will always have 512 and pasoft read always 256.
I repaired a few BMW which had problems like yours and all I've done was to give rolling code in FF and to uncheck used ,so that ews to think that the key you are using is new and never used before and to generate a new rolling code.
I never meet any fixed code with error,the one that's geting broken is rolling code.
Another dump is not good as long as you don't know the fixed code.
Someone from this forum told me once to try puting the ignition on ,don't crank,seven(7)times and eight time try to crank.You can try this,it doesn't cost you enything.

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 01:51 PM
Will scan with inpa now m8, thanks again

PremierD
23rd January, 2010, 01:54 PM
Now get your finger out your ass and read the sucker mate ..... we all want to see a result here .....:thrasher:

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 02:03 PM
I cleared them using pa soft earlier this morning m8, and using inpa there are no errors found still, is there anything else i can do? shall i just go ahead and read mcu using xprog? thanks again

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 02:06 PM
Now get your finger out your ass and read the sucker mate ..... we all want to see a result here .....:thrasher:

Im removed plcc52 from box premiereD sent me , just waiting on reply from claudiu_dar? then going to remove mcu from car EWS. came off easy on box premiereD sent me. tried cutting a leg before i removed it think better to remove!!

adam28
23rd January, 2010, 02:44 PM
Im removed plcc52 from box premiereD sent me , just waiting on reply from claudiu_dar? then going to remove mcu from car EWS. came off easy on box premiereD sent me. tried cutting a leg before i removed it think better to remove!!

I think its always best to whip it off mate. And quicker. The time thats spent ~~~~ing about with it on the board. you probably could have it on and off 10 times!

This is a pretty tough one for your first project mate,but best in at the deep end i say!

Claudiu_dar
23rd January, 2010, 02:49 PM
I don't understand ,your car is not recording any error on ews and still doesn't crank?
You have two big wires on ews ,one is from ignition swich and the other one is going to starter.Inside of ews is a start relay,verify if 12 v are coming and going and post here.
Try that part too, with the ignition on 7 times and 8th time -crank.

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 02:56 PM
I don't understand ,your car is not recording any error on ews and still doesn't crank?
You have two big wires on ews ,one is from ignition swich and the other one is going to starter.Inside of ews is a start relay,verify if 12 v are coming and going and post here.
Try that part too, with the ignition on 7 times and 8th time -crank.

Yes m8, got crank at ews but not out of ews,tried ignition on and off 7 times and on crank 8th time nothing. on with taking mcu off, IF i get dump will post here thanks again everyone

vares
23rd January, 2010, 03:05 PM
Claudiu
If the key lose a few bytes you get same result.

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 07:25 PM
here is the dump, 1 original 1 premierred has reset for me please can someone check. Much thanks

BIG thanks to premiereD

Claudiu_dar
23rd January, 2010, 07:30 PM
new it perfect it should start

basel jallad
23rd January, 2010, 07:33 PM
:thrasher:thanks

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 07:36 PM
Looks good premiered said he thinks there maybe data missing at the end?

cjawahir
23rd January, 2010, 07:47 PM
looks perfect to me , first file show key 1-4 used

second file all reset all keys not in use

cj

melcool
23rd January, 2010, 07:48 PM
It seems to be OK!
if not work...try:
-to synchronize EWS<->DME/DDE
if not work
-read the key - edit the dump from the key and put the Fixed Password for the EWS dump in the responsible key!
if not again
...burn the car :aetsch:

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 07:54 PM
It seems to be OK!
if not work...try:
-to synchronize EWS<->DME/DDE
if not work
-read the key - edit the dump from the key and put the Fixed Password for the EWS dump in the responsible key!
if not again
...burn the car :aetsch:

If it was EWS to DME on a 1997 car it would still crank wouldnt it? very funny about burn the car, my dad wouldnt think so though. Felt like burning it yesterday when changed elmos and still no start. oh well ive learnt alot thanks to you all, brilliant thankyou

PremierD
23rd January, 2010, 07:56 PM
Told him to do that ages ago .......(burn the fcuker ) ....:thrasher:

Only kidding mate .....

cjawahir
23rd January, 2010, 07:56 PM
If it was EWS to DME on a 1997 car it would still crank wouldnt it? very funny about burn the car, my dad wouldnt think so though. Felt like burning it yesterday when changed elmos and still no start. oh well ive learnt alot thanks to you all, brilliant thankyou

100% about the sync. if it out of sync the car will still crank but not start .

cj

melcool
23rd January, 2010, 07:57 PM

NO on BMW X5 automatic... if not ok would not crank no matter what!

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 07:59 PM
NO on BMW if not ok would not crank no matter what!

The saga continues !!!!!!!!!!

cjawahir
23rd January, 2010, 07:59 PM
NO on BMW if not ok would not crank no matter what!

sorry i know for a fact that if the key match the ews the vehicle will crank , but if its out of sync it will not start .

cj

cjawahir
23rd January, 2010, 08:06 PM
i had problem with a BMW same year and model like yours , ews module was bad , get new one from dealer use the same old key it crank ok but not start , sync with gt1 and then only did it start .

cj

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 08:08 PM
Right im off home for chinese and few beers after today. Ive posted the dump and premiered modified dump. If anyone else wants to check it great as i would rather be postive . Thankyou so much everyone its been BASTARD , FREE job this car but ive enjoyed it and learnt alot and its not over YET !

melcool
23rd January, 2010, 08:11 PM
Right im off home for chinese and few beers after today. Ive posted the dump and premiered modified dump. If anyone else wants to check it great as i would rather be postive . Thankyou so much everyone its been BASTARD , FREE job this car but ive enjoyed it and learnt alot and its not over YET !

PremiereD dump is good but :
drink few more beers and go to the car an burn it!
Sorry man I'm also under whiskey effect! :ridinghorse:

PremierD
23rd January, 2010, 08:20 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4106/ronniesewsconcern.png (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/ronniesewsconcern.png/)

That's the bit I was concerned about chaps ... ( hope he is away to the Pub ) .....You know i don't mean that mate .....

melcool
23rd January, 2010, 08:33 PM
yes PremierD that was what I mean also...."... ( hope he is away to the Pub ) ....." :dancing:

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 10:06 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4106/ronniesewsconcern.png (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/ronniesewsconcern.png/)

That's the bit I was concerned about chaps ... ( hope he is away to the Pub ) .....You know i don't mean that mate .....

Had chinese lovely, thanks for asking!!!! still drinking beer, hope that whisky good melcool!
Isnt this the synchronisation between im*obiliser and engine ecu. Someone said could resynchronisation using Inpa .
PMA my m8 premiered.

Cracked my plcc52 holder aswell , might of been toooo cold or shit quality unit, where may i get another one of better quality to solder onto my xprog adaptor. thanks again

melcool
23rd January, 2010, 10:33 PM
Thx obdmaster
Its not a problem man it happen very often you will need to order a new plcc52 holder and resold very easy the new one on the pcb adapter !

obdmaster
23rd January, 2010, 11:08 PM
Can someone be so kind to point me in direction of the socket i need plcc52, that i broke. A link would be great on line thanks so much for all help.Much appreciated:unionflag:

Dont worry yourselfs (as if you was) found them at RS

obdmaster
24th January, 2010, 02:15 PM
thankyou m8.

ISN for EWS: 6d8 number sg-prog 1

Could you modify Ronniesnew for me m8 with the rolling codes reset by premierreD.

I hope this is it then m8, thankyou so much

obdmaster
24th January, 2010, 07:44 PM
programmed mcu with file premireD sorted for me, thanks again m8. Vares said keys 0 & 4 are bad, refitted mcu to pcb still no start using bmw scanner 1.4.0, found the key not auto initialising and not recognising key. So i can say me dad only having 1 key he has either 0 or 4. Is there a procedure for initialising? Looked on autodata and says ignition on and off. Tried what was previosly posted switching ignition on and off 7 times on the 8th going to crank but nothing. Think best to order new EWS box. Ive been told the key will match automatically all i will have to do is synch DME .

Got to say guys thanks for all input here its bean ace thankyou. BIG thanks to premiereD whos put up with me skype ing him every 2 mins, that guys got some patience. At least i know my honky tonk xprog seems to work well , learnt how to take chips on and off pcb and ive learnt loads about the BMW im*obiliser system (what a bastard).

Can someone post procedure for synch DMEto EWS using INPA or BMW SCANNER 1.4.0. So when new EWS arrives im not pissing about.

The saga continues!!!!!!!!!!!

cjawahir
24th January, 2010, 08:00 PM
sorry to hear that , but BMW is not a easy first job .

i know the gt1 can sync but cant say for the others .

cj

obdmaster
24th January, 2010, 08:03 PM
when got car had no communication to ews at all, changed elmos got communication. Dont think did anything wrong , just file in mcu was corrupt one of them things. never mind, we will FIX IT WITH NEW EWS BOX ( I HOPE)

Meat-Head
24th January, 2010, 08:08 PM
BIG thanks to premiereD whos put up with me skype ing him every 2 mins, that guys got some patience.

Starting to think premiereD is not human, but infact SUPERhuman
just a shame he is sooo far away from Meat-Headshire (and dosn't speak english!)

Top Bloke is Tam

Claudiu_dar
24th January, 2010, 08:18 PM
Try to start the car and scan it with Inpa on ews and engine and then post the errors.
The solution that I posted ,always was functional not only for me.Did you put back your original dump just reseted ?
The synch ,you shoul have in the engine menu,in pasoft.
What engine do you have on the car?

obdmaster
24th January, 2010, 08:27 PM
Using inpa i scanned before trying to start dme was ews synch.
ews was power reset.

live data on pa soft said fixed code wrong
rolling code wrong
wrong password

on key data on pasoft all werent auto initialised.

Yes m8, did backup original dump. And all i put back on was same dump just resetted.
All i can think of is like vares said, the fixed code has got corrupted thus rolling code hasnt started because it cant . And wont auto initialise key because its the wrong fixed code

Car is a 2.0 litre petrol m8

Meat-Head
24th January, 2010, 08:34 PM
Slightly confused, but might be worth getting key cutting shop to copy the metal key (they will say it is copy-protetecd on the chip) and then download 5 new chips off codecard.lt

Off topic, but relevent, if he looses that one and only key, he's screwed, cant tow the car or anything, so worth getting it cut and playing.

Also possablitle no help to you but worth knowing, when fitting remote start alarms to bmw the thing will only start if the chip is 'in front' of the pick up.

Theere is no choice when fitting remote starters to bmw to prise off the
pickup off barrel and glue the chip in excatly the right place, then when the customer complains about a gap round the barrel we tell them to ~~~~ off - and get a loop from scrapyard for decoration.

Claudiu_dar
24th January, 2010, 08:44 PM
You didn't tell what engine do you have,2.0 i ecu siemens ms 41?
If the fixed code is wrong ,then is a problem.You must read the key and edited in ews.
regards

obdmaster
24th January, 2010, 08:46 PM
My Ecu part no. is SIEMENS 5WK9 0322 index10 can it be decoded to make it free running?

if so what mcu am i desoldering please.

Thanks again

cjawahir
24th January, 2010, 09:02 PM

if so what mcu am i desoldering please.

Thanks again

no cant , its 24c02

cj

PremierD
24th January, 2010, 09:39 PM
Slightly confused, but might be worth getting key cutting shop to copy the metal key (they will say it is copy-protetecd on the chip) and then download 5 new chips off codecard.lt

Off topic, but relevent, if he looses that one and only key, he's screwed, cant tow the car or anything, so worth getting it cut and playing.

Also possablitle no help to you but worth knowing, when fitting remote start alarms to bmw the thing will only start if the chip is 'in front' of the pick up.

Theere is no choice when fitting remote starters to bmw to prise off the
pickup off barrel and glue the chip in excatly the right place, then when the customer complains about a gap round the barrel we tell them to ~~~~ off - and get a loop from scrapyard for decoration.

It don't work like that mate ... when BMW's are made .. there are 10 keys programmed for the vehicle ....you get 2.... say key 0 and 3... when you put them in the Ignition ... they know there allotted fixed data.. so are automaticley assigned that slot .... Lose a key (or two even ) ..go to the stealer with your ID ... order a new one .....From the remaining ones .... The problem was .the fixed data was screwed for the key that Ronnie had .... now if he had had a spare ... chances are that it would have been ok .....And all the Fcuking about OBD did would have worked ..... Now its sorted ... New EWS ordered .....

Fcuk me ..just reread this .. and it sounds plausible .....

Meat-Head
24th January, 2010, 09:59 PM

ok .....And all the Fcuking about OBD did would have worked ..... Now its sorted ... New EWS ordered .....

Fcuk me ..just reread this .. and it sounds plausible .....

Ahh you are cool, right so (bit late now) could (if you had it) not
posted him the 'key in your toolbox' for the box you had, hacksaw it off
and away, then read/corrected the original (corrupt) key with a zeebull, /gambit?

don't understand 'why' order new box as the one and only key needs filing
to a sharp point for use with a dartboard!

obdmaster
24th January, 2010, 10:21 PM
and away, then read/corrected the original (corrupt) key with a zeebull, /gambit?

Box comes pre programmed m8 as original, so i can use key i already have. All i have to do is re-sync DME to it which i think i can do with p.a.soft 1.4.0. EWS boxes ive been told are ?50 to ?60. Why did we try fixing it at that sort of money? you might ask as im asking myself! Cause deep down we all like a challenge!!

Meat-Head
24th January, 2010, 10:32 PM
Why did we try fixing it at that sort of money? you might ask as im asking myself! Cause deep down we all like a challenge!!

Don't you mean, see how many other DK users like somebody elses challange!

Well we have all learnt something fom it all.

Damm can't find what is after, so have to be vague

Sometimes you get problems with the processer in tv's/vcr etc
overheating, so what you do is get a small heatsink and use thermal glue to glue it to said chip to dissipate (nice word) the heat.

(Somebody also mentioned this on the ford ids clone thread)

So might be worth doing that when your new box is outta warranty, dude

PremierD
24th January, 2010, 10:34 PM

It was from a Range rover mate ..... And then he would have had to copy the 95Po8 data to his ECU ( which has a 24c02 eeprom in ) ... If I could have I would have Sent him down A transpoder programmed to the data from the (not corrupt) fixed codes ... But the guy who would have done it ... is in Dhubi...For a month .....:thrasher:

Yes Adam ... same guy ......

obdmaster
24th January, 2010, 10:43 PM
Got my hot air station last week, got my honky tonk xprog wednesday. Never done any hot air desoldering before.
Never done any chip programming before. Car was my dads (freemans).

Dont you think this was the perfect guinea pig for all my new toys?

Its been good would of liked better outcome but I WILL FIX by replacing EWS box. So hopefully in the end all will be good, i tried to save Ronnie a few quid. Got quite a bit of experience de-soldering using hot air, and i know honky tonk xprog works and i know a bit better how to use it. And i know what i did was good because i had no communication to ews box when started job.
And my m8 MEAT-HEAD has learnt a bit about EWS as i have.:unionflag:

Meat-Head
24th January, 2010, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=PremierD;427463]24c02 eeprom in ) ... If I could have I would have Sent him down A transpoder programmed to the data from the (not corrupt) fixed codes ... But the guy who would have done it ... is in QUOTE]

Ah this gets better. So if obdmaster has read and logged the codes BEFORE the battery went flat, then this thread would not have exsited.

Thanks.

OFF topic, but partly relevant.

Just before xmas at M-H-M everybody ~~~~ed off home early, leaving some sucker to look up on there own, no space inside for a 07 passat,
the 'worker' pulled up to the door and accidently (genuine) left the lights on (buzzer VERY quiet) locked up then discovered the side lights on passat, and decided that the lights would go out when the battery went flat.

Next morning the side lights are 'pulsing' VERY dim, opened using the 'emergency' key, humpleads left for a min, fired straight up, left it running for 5*. The customer came a matter of seconds after parking it, jumped init, and away into the sunrise.

* ALWAYS leave hump pack/leads on for a few mins as the battery is 'open circuit' voltage jumps up and fries stuff MK2 escort, blows the tacho.

obdmaster
24th January, 2010, 11:02 PM
"Ah this gets better. So if obdmaster has read and logged the codes BEFORE the battery went flat, then this thread would not have exsited." quoted by meat-head.

Meat-head my dads car went into friends garage for service they left boot open for an hour they reckon. 7 courtesy lights glowing away. they try to start vehicle it just clicks. My friend comes to borrow booster pack off me. Next thing i get phone call your dads car wont start! I go round to friends garage, try it nothing not even a click i knew straight away ews was ****ed. What they did i have no idea. Probably will never find out. But it lands on muggins to fix the ****er for free as its my dads .And my friends garage send me lots of work m8.Its one of them things in life youve just got to grin and bear it!!!!!!!!!

cjawahir
24th January, 2010, 11:37 PM
"Ah this gets better. So if obdmaster has read and logged the codes BEFORE the battery went flat, then this thread would not have exsited." quoted by meat-head.

Meat-head my dads car went into friends garage for service they left boot open for an hour they reckon. 7 courtesy lights glowing away. they try to start vehicle it just clicks. My friend comes to borrow booster pack off me. Next thing i get phone call your dads car wont start! I go round to friends garage, try it nothing not even a click i knew straight away ews was ****ed. What they did i have no idea. Probably will never find out. But it lands on muggins to fix the ****er for free as its my dads .And my friends garage send me lots of work m8.Its one of them things in life youve just got to grin and bear it!!!!!!!!!

this is no fault of anyone , its a common problem its age that destroy the modules .
that is why i tell you ceeck the elmos first , the same has happen to me also .

cj

cj

cjawahir
25th January, 2010, 12:23 AM
this is a module from Germany comes coded , they no longer have ews3 , its ews 4.3 , but it will work in to replace ews3 .

the chassis number printed on the module .

cj

vares
25th January, 2010, 12:51 AM
New EWS emulates required immo(2,3..) for car.

obdmaster
Try to read key with proper stuff.
If the key is damaged, then you can not start you car with new ews again.

adam28
25th January, 2010, 08:04 AM
It was from a Range rover mate ..... And then he would have had to copy the 95Po8 data to his ECU ( which has a 24c02 eeprom in ) ... If I could have I would have Sent him down A transpoder programmed to the data from the (not corrupt) fixed codes ... But the guy who would have done it ... is in Dhubi...For a month .....:thrasher:

Yes Adam ... same guy ......

That guy has got to much money mate.LOL

mikeslocks
26th January, 2010, 01:26 PM
You can reset the ews with the software from one from ebay reset to factory and just make sure vin is in then copy with ike to ews or dde to ews and you will be all good then clear all errors. Dealer around here I set the unit up fine they did not even know how to do it. Had to go into dealer ship and show them. I think they been smoking crac??? They replaced hundreds of dollars on my moms car because I was in the hospital lung cancer (never smoked a day in my life) Got out told them it was a crank case sensor theres 2 on front of replaced both just so I did not have to take it back apart for 90 usd. They replace mass air all types of stuff. Every thing ended up ok because they would not give back used parts and charged back. This is the most reputable (supposivly) the same ones back in 04 paid cash for a S500 45.000usd Did not drive much 3 thousand miles let pregnant sister drive to and from doctors some one hit her head on, took them 8 months to put it back together the dealer made a deal with the insurance company on what they could fix it for instead of straighting the front frame on a machine they shimmed it. They tried 6 alienments one side sat 3 and a half inches than the other let go of the wheel and in other lane. They spent 30 larg to get car back together and they still had to take it as a loss. Life Happens

obdmaster
26th January, 2010, 09:02 PM
EWS arrived as cjawahir said it comes as 4.3, car cranked but didnt start using bmw scanner 1.4.0 , i copied the zcs coding from IKE to EWS. Car still didnt start went into DME and tried sync to EWS it Failed!!!

Then using inpa i read ISN from DME, then wrote it to EWS. CAR is NOW RUNNING . THANK god for that. Thanks to all members who replied to this thread ive learnt loads about BMW.

Thanks again everyone.

P.s Who needs a GT1?

cjawahir
26th January, 2010, 09:29 PM
great job :celticparty: your dad will be a very happy man .
tell me about the inpa and where you bought it .

cj

obdmaster
26th January, 2010, 09:45 PM
Bought it from ecutool m8, was about $40 when i bought it.Use it quite alot on BMWs was quite hard to get working correctly though.Never done any programming on BMWs before this, all i need to do is rebuild the car now.Its hard trying to make a living also, while working for free!!!!!!!:unionflag:

heres what i used:
http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.asp?id=142&sortsid=3505&sorts=BMW Tools

vares
26th January, 2010, 10:52 PM
Happy end!Stone cross the road is traveled.Congratulations!

einet
5th March, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hi,

can i change the KM on the EWS with this tool "EWS Editor"?.

When i read the EWS with the UPA and put the bin file on the editor and change this there "don?t change nothing more" and save the bin file and burn agin with the UPA to the EWS?

Are this working?

einet

maaxxyy
26th March, 2010, 05:41 AM
Hi guys i have bmw key programmer, i have read dump and was wondering if i reset to factory state, will all keys programmed to car work? There are 4 tracks used and customer has 2 keys.
The only thing i have noticed whilst testing a copy of the dump is the fixed numbers change and dont look the same as the the original 4 fixed tracks which are present on original dump. Thanks

kemaster
26th March, 2010, 12:47 PM
Hi Guys. This is useful info for those who wants to understand how EWS works

Moyshe
30th June, 2010, 06:56 PM
How would I test for faulty Elmos chip in a ews3 ?

thanks

cjawahir
1st July, 2010, 12:39 AM
How would I test for faulty Elmos chip in a ews3 ?

thanks

put your finger on the chip with ignition on , if it real hot it bad .

you will have no communication with EWS module ,if that chip is bad also ..

cj

Meat-Head
1st July, 2010, 06:31 PM
put your finger on the chip with ignition on , if it real hot it bad .

you will have no communication with EWS module ,if that chip is bad also ..

cj

Take it that if you can comminicate with EWS3 read milage, version etc then it is working?

M-H-M have one at the moment that doesn't start, got a "Scanner 1.36 Diagnostic Tool for BMW"
The key shows 0 milage and roling code as 00 00 00 00 00, sometimes the key comes up with a number, but it won't crank.

Told the customer it needs a key, hope it works, lol

cjawahir
1st July, 2010, 06:40 PM
Take it that if you can comminicate with EWS3 read milage, version etc then it is working?

M-H-M have one at the moment that doesn't start, got a "Scanner 1.36 Diagnostic Tool for BMW"
The key shows 0 milage and roling code as 00 00 00 00 00, sometimes the key comes up with a number, but it won't crank.

Told the customer it needs a key, hope it works, lol

if you are able to scan with pasoft i.36 , then yes the elmos chip is OK ..

cj

CHRISHATTON
18th July, 2010, 02:06 AM
Excellent, Thank you!!

vanos batam
22nd July, 2010, 06:24 AM
PM me. give free for all

Stahrk
23rd July, 2010, 11:20 AM
A couple a days ago, I tried to start the car. But when turning the key to crank engine, nothing happened.

My best guess was the EWS. The old EWS has now been replaced by original ESW 4.3 ordered to fit the VIN.

But still nothing happens when I turn the key to crank. An error message is present: Invalid key.

I have acces to BMW Scan PA Soft 1.4. Can I somehow validate/reset the keys (I have two) and how do I confirm/reset the rolling code ?

Thx in advance.

Stahrk
23rd July, 2010, 12:21 PM
I ordered the new EWS som days ago and this morning I was at the BMW Stealer to get it replaced. The new EWS is a EWS 4.3 ordered to the specific VIN for the car.

The personel insisted on reading the data from the existing (and probably defect EWS) and then dumping those data to the the EWS.
In that way, the (eventually) wrong data - as for instance key fixed and rolling codes will make it to the new EWS. Then an eventual key-problem will be ported as well !

obdmaster: Did you port any data from your old EWS to the new one ?

Thx in advance !

mage
23rd July, 2010, 01:11 PM
The data read from old EWS = coding data
Nothing else.
We do that because coding is important for configuration
car.
Sample = coding inside EWS Autogearbox then
car not start if you have manual gearbox.
New EWS from dealer Vin is present (programed at factory) but coding is usualy FFFFFFFFFFF
Must be programmed at workshop because of posibly build in options.

Meat-Head
30th July, 2010, 10:09 PM
Just for reference the one that we had in, got a key from Adolf, it thought about it for a few seconds, then started. But refused to start on the original key

NOW, the vechile has come in for some more work, somebody has gone down the side with a key, so we are in the process of going down the other side with a key, to make it match.

It has both the 'original' key and the one we got from Adolf, and it now starts on both keys.

Also this is in the wrong thread, the the P.A. Soft 1.36 unit, works fine on this one, but not thte other two have tried it on!

obdmaster
31st July, 2010, 06:28 AM
I ordered the new EWS som days ago and this morning I was at the BMW Stealer to get it replaced. The new EWS is a EWS 4.3 ordered to the specific VIN for the car.

The personel insisted on reading the data from the existing (and probably defect EWS) and then dumping those data to the the EWS.
In that way, the (eventually) wrong data - as for instance key fixed and rolling codes will make it to the new EWS. Then an eventual key-problem will be ported as well !

obdmaster: Did you port any data from your old EWS to the new one ?

Thx in advance !

No porting whatsoever m8, plugged in ews and car will crank, but not start, the coding i used BMW scanner 1.4.0 to copy it from IKE,then match DME to EWS vehicle should run,

Did you check its your vin in old ews unit m8, because at some time it may of have had used ecu kit. Thus the one from BMW ordered off your vin will not match your keys etc

How many keys you got m8, you tried them all?

antioqueno
27th May, 2011, 06:07 PM
EWS arrived as cjawahir said it comes as 4.3, car cranked but didnt start using bmw scanner 1.4.0 , i copied the zcs coding from IKE to EWS. Car still didnt start went into DME and tried sync to EWS it Failed!!!

Then using inpa i read ISN from DME, then wrote it to EWS. CAR is NOW RUNNING . THANK god for that. Thanks to all members who replied to this thread ive learnt loads about BMW.

Thanks again everyone.

P.s Who needs a GT1?
hello
you can say I read the ISN with INPA
thanks

PierreTheron
21st November, 2011, 09:15 PM
Hi

Had to say thanks for this THREAD.

THANKS FOR ALL INFO ON THIS ONE...

PIERRE

Meat-Head
21st November, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hi
Had to say thanks for this THREAD.
THANKS FOR ALL INFO ON THIS ONE...
PIERRE

Go on then - lets here your story about how it has been to 20 dealers and not one DK member - then you fixed it with a dump from a reno clio. :giveup::giveup:

gtmech
22nd November, 2011, 08:44 AM
from my experience, if you cant fix any EWS software problems with EWS Editor then there not worth fixing, its never failed me yet

imexics
17th December, 2011, 05:46 PM
thanks for all form imex

Meat-Head
17th December, 2011, 06:40 PM
thanks for all form imex

Hi is that somekind of lame advert for your company/website?

Oh what is a 'lexury' anyway?

car and lexury car renting with drivers

Thanks

Meat

PierreTheron
18th December, 2011, 11:05 PM
Go on then - lets here your story about how it has been to 20 dealers and not one DK member - then you fixed it with a dump from a reno clio. :giveup::giveup:

Hi mate

There is no Rover dealer around here as of yet .

But by reading this thread helped 2 Rover 75's with EWS ,ECU problems .They are both runners now and not doomed for the the Breakers Yard.

The one rover 75 v6 was actually fitted with ecu that looks close to that of a renault ecu (Sirius 34)
Now i need a landover fitted with EWS so that i can see if we can make a runner out of it.

:manuflag::bawling:

Ngetov
1st January, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hi to all I need a file from EWS 3 BMW E39 520i with automatic transmition

bram380
1st January, 2012, 11:52 PM
Hi to all I need a file from EWS 3 BMW E39 520i with automatic transmition

here dump ews3.
use gt1 to sync

Ngetov
2nd January, 2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys :)

Ngetov
3rd January, 2012, 09:52 PM
Can you calculated GM,VN and SA from VIN number ??

mirovasi
25th August, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hi,to me come bmw e39 525d 2001 automatic,non starting with 3 keys,and on live data was showing for each key
Key idetification OK
Key Password Not Ok
Key Random code Not Ok
Key transmits Ok
Status DME wire blocked

After making synchro with launch EWS DME,the car start and live data is all OK.But only with one key.Can some body help.I don`t know what is going in EWS car was in another garage but they can`t fix it.Maybe I need another EWS.The battery is good.

koncimobil
25th August, 2012, 09:42 AM
Read MCU from ews & post here.
Rolling code need to be reset.
So 3 keys will be accept by ews.

mirovasi
25th August, 2012, 10:33 AM
Read MCU from ews & post here.
Rolling code need to be reset.
So 3 keys will be accept by ews.

Today car wont start with all keys.I will post dump today

Here is dump from ews 3 mask is 0d46j

IF I try scan&fix from tango will solve problem,two keys is showing roling code is ok,one it repaired and now is ok.But car beffore this wont start with any key.

koncimobil
25th August, 2012, 06:56 PM
try this dump:

mirovasi
25th August, 2012, 08:16 PM
I buy anoter used Ews3 and put dump from car,make scan and fix with Tango of all 3 keys.The car star with all keys.After 20 mins no comunication with EWS and car wont start.And I think elmos is hot.Did scan and fix(roling code) was problem in the beginig and cars EWS is fine or I need to try with anoter one.

mirovasi
27th August, 2012, 07:01 PM
I put original dump from cars ews to another used ews(second from scrap yard) car starts and after short time no communication with ews, car wont start.This elmos is not geting hot.What can this be???