PDA

View Full Version : Starview the box super usb

ru7hl355
1st October, 2008, 05:38 PM
hi there,

just trying to setup my box, and its getting stuck at 23% when scanning for channels.

also the channels it has picked up, im not able to view(sky sports etc).

any ideas, the formware is 8.00 i think, made in august 2008.

cheers

jamie

cactikid
1st October, 2008, 08:35 PM
if u have starview 4 usb make sure u only use files for starview 4 usb,and double check what file you are putting on it as v.8 is for box super,so u could be half way there to brick it.

ru7hl355
1st October, 2008, 10:27 PM
so is this the right file?

The Box Super USB V1.02

satsmo
2nd October, 2008, 10:52 AM
Yes for the Box Super USB. You will find it in downloads, along with a readme.

ru7hl355
2nd October, 2008, 05:46 PM
thanks guys got it updated, but im having problems with scanning for the channels. it get to 24% and then just stops and wont go any further.

any ideas?

i have tried restoring to factory settings and scanning again but nothing seems to work that i have tried.

satsmo
2nd October, 2008, 05:51 PM
Do another factory reset, turn box off then back on from back switch and flash with earlier 1.1 version. You will find it here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Startup Pack For The Box Super USB (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/startup-pack-box-super-usb-324/)

ru7hl355
2nd October, 2008, 09:46 PM
thanks,

thats it all working :D

toyota2010
11th November, 2008, 02:03 AM
iv just recived the box super 4 and iv been trying to get it working iv downloaded the above down load and it wont let me download it onto the box do you know another way of doing it iv got the normal chanels but no free view ones iv been trying the code 1570 but its not bringing up the other menu any ideas please thank you ian

lostwalker
11th November, 2008, 02:14 AM
just taken delivery of Starview 4 The Box Super USB, i have installed the box and have successfully scanned all channels. Have lots of scrambled channels....looking at this forum I guess its not just a simple case of installing and away we go, how do I unscramble the channels. ALL HELP GREATFULLY RECEIVED. Thank you

toyota2010
11th November, 2008, 03:36 AM
have you down loaded the starview 4 software and i had problems with mine not accepting the file had to unzip the download then it worked ok and i then got the other menu and switched the key on mines all sorted now we need some one to do a cuide for setting it up its quite easy when you know it took me 8hrs to sort mine out

BHX
11th November, 2008, 10:46 AM
Today I found the programme information (now/next and EPG programme info) is no longer showing on any of the channels, all the channels are working fine, just don't know what they programmes are they are showing. Any ideas (I've tried searching the forum).

EDIT: No worries, it needed another reboot!

rickydjr
12th November, 2008, 10:12 AM
I've just got a new Starview 4 USB and i'm having problems scanning any channels on it. It does a scan saying there's only 31 channels and finds nothing.

I have another one i bought previously which works fine.

I'm going to try the 1.1 Firmware and see if that works.

I'll post back my results!

rickydjr
13th November, 2008, 10:59 AM
I re-flashed both my boxes with the 1.01b firmware (replacing the 1.02b) and all my channel scanning problems are gone.

I recommend anyone who's having difficulty scanning on these boxes, try the 1.01b firmware.

Kettle316
2nd March, 2009, 08:20 PM
Howza goin??

Im a complete newbie to all of this box stuff and i just got a starview 4 the super box today!! i scanned in all the channels no problem but all of the channels with a dollar sign beside them (which are practically all of them bar about 4 channels) are not working for some reason!!

Anyone know what this problem could be and if so would you know how it can be solved??

Thanks in advance!!

bigfella
2nd March, 2009, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Kettle316;155490]Howza goin??

Im a complete newbie to all of this box stuff and i just got a starview 4 the super box today!! i scanned in all the channels no problem but all of the channels with a dollar sign beside them (which are practically all of them bar about 4 channels) are not working for some reason!!

Anyone know what this problem could be and if so would you know how it can be solved??

Thanks in advance!![/
goto menu press 1570 on remote to open secret cas menu turn on keycode <>on remote and turn on default goto sly sports let it update and u shud be ok.......m8 take a cple of mins to read tho the threads all the answers r there ,,bigfella

khenryashley
2nd March, 2009, 08:39 PM
Howza goin??

Thanks in advance!!

Have you put the latest firmware on the box.?

Kettle316
2nd March, 2009, 09:34 PM
Have you put the latest firmware on the box.?

No how do i do that??

impoundeddog
2nd March, 2009, 09:47 PM
click on downloads at the top of the page then scroll down to the starveiw section, all you need is in there including guides.

rampantic
4th March, 2009, 06:28 PM
hi all... just got an SV4 today. It is now up and running for me but having some difficulty accessing the SORT and MOVE aspects in channel edit - could anyone tell me why this should be happening and give me any tips on how to put it right please... Thanks in advance.

bigfella
4th March, 2009, 06:35 PM
hi all... just got an SV4 today. It is now up and running for me but having some difficulty accessing the SORT and MOVE aspects in channel edit - could anyone tell me why this should be happening and give me any tips on how to put it right please... Thanks in advance.

m8 sort n move dont work at the moment hopefully nrw firmware will addresss this prob

satsmo
4th March, 2009, 06:35 PM
They do not function on the SV4 with later firmware revisions. The box maps the channels for you, if you need to move channels around there is a Beta editor for the SV4 here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Starview 4 Channel Editor (Beta) (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/starview-4-channel-editor-beta-609/)

rampantic
4th March, 2009, 07:18 PM
cheers mates.... thats all I needed to know, thank you

tbullivant
20th May, 2009, 01:24 PM
Hi there, I have just bought one of the Star View 4 The Box Super on a friends recommendation. I have loaded firmware 1.07 and then tried 1.09 when scanning it finds all the channels, and when doing the menu, 1570 and turning there is no EMU option, is it called something else? Nagravision is set to on, but no joy, I get less viewable channels that with the normal box. On Virginmedia in the southwest. any help appreciated.

thanks
tb

camelv
20th May, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hi there, I have just bought one of the Star View 4 The Box Super on a friends recommendation. I have loaded firmware 1.07 and then tried 1.09 when scanning it finds all the channels, and when doing the menu, 1570 and turning there is no EMU option, is it called something else? Nagravision is set to on, but no joy, I get less viewable channels that with the normal box. On Virginmedia in the southwest. any help appreciated.

thanks
tb

if your in the uk m8 you should have 1.07 on it .do a factory default then set default and keycode to on then rescan making sure you are scanning with the correct symbol rate for your area ,once it has finished leave on sly sports 1 to update .good luck and welcome to dk.

tbullivant
21st May, 2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks for that, I think I missed the logo file first time round. spend a few hours reading through posts and tried that and it all worked.

thanks for your help :)