PDA

View Full Version : Confused CubeRevo 3000 1080HD Sat PVR or Ipbox 9????

freck
15th January, 2010, 11:11 PM
Bit confused here guys with these receiver names,I'm planning on getting a CubeRevo 3000 1080HD Sat PVR but is it also known as an Ipbox 9????.....as this thread supports both.
Whats what? Has the name changed,I want good support for this box as its not your basic starview by no means,costwise and buildwise(nothing wrong with SV btw).
So can someone shine some light on this one for me please.
Confused,:hmpf:
Freck

despdan
16th January, 2010, 12:37 AM
There made by 2 different companies, Support for these boxes is not the same as dreamboxes & images are not as easy to mess with like dreambox images, but they are getting there.

freck
16th January, 2010, 12:51 AM
do both take the same firmware etc,will the ipbox images work with cuberevo ones and so on.I know SK support them and here obviously....so how do you find yours Despan???
Was it worth the investment or will i go for the DM800HD.Not sure what to do plus ITGate have a new HD receiver in the pipe line also.
Freck

grizzlyt
16th January, 2010, 03:04 AM
DGStation is a Korean Company that produces boxes and the other ones are re-branding and selling them under their own name.

The Cuberevo product line is the original one.

ABCOM (Slovakia and Europe), Madtek (Italy), Sezam (Russia and neighbouring countries) and Vizyon (based in Belgium but of Turkish origin) are selling them under their own brand.

Abcom has the 9xxx series (IPBox), Vizyon names them 8xxx , etc.

But they all are DGS Machines with the same functions.(there are 7 HD models in total, only 4 are marketed by AB or Vizyon .

Now and that is when it gets complicated , this year ABcom will not sell any more DGS receiver but Vizyon will continue to sell them.

ABcom will release new products (IP Box 99 HD, 9900 HD (plus))

that they deliver with their own hardware and Enigma 2 pre-installed.

I hope that you now get a glimpse of what is what and who is who ? lol

despdan
16th January, 2010, 11:53 AM
do both take the same firmware etc,will the ipbox images work with cuberevo ones and so on.I know SK support them and here obviouslyYes but you cant flash a 910 image onto a 9000 just like dm500 & dm600 images

so how do you find yours Despan???I got my Cuberevo for 380euro has sat & terrestrial (mmds:))tuners so have best of both worlds at the moment. Picture quality is great even on non HD channels.

Was it worth the investmentYes at the time i got mine a DM8000HD was 1000sterling so that was a no brainer.

or will i go for the DM800HD.
thats the hard one the DM800HD clone against original Cubes,
If your looking for plug n play CubeRevo
If you like fidling the Cube has a harder learning curve but the support is getting alot better.
Dm800HD 255euro delivered
CubeRevo 3000HD 284euro delivered + 2year warr
CubeRevo 7000HD 397euro delivered + 2year warr
On those prices I would go for the Cube 2 years warr or go the extra & get the 7000HD

freck
16th January, 2010, 04:11 PM
The CubeRevo 7000HD 397euro delivered + 2year warr is more down my way of thinking but where did you get those prices from Despan?
I was looking on another site and the 3000 was costing 430euro delivered and that without a hdd.
Can you pm me the shop please,
Thanks,
Freck