PDA

View Full Version : EDC16U1 dtc off

Pablo98
17th August, 2020, 09:13 AM
Hi.
Could some one delete faults codes from this file ?

17848 - EGR Valve (N18)
P1440 - 000

013112 - Control Circuit for Glow Plug Controller 1
P3338 - 000 - Electrical Malfunction

We have use EDC16U1 03G906016DJ 0281011883 1.9 TDI engine and need delete this fault.
Thanks in advance.

mjieteq
17th August, 2020, 11:06 AM
I understand N18, but what about glow plug controler??!

mjieteq
17th August, 2020, 11:18 AM
I could only remove DTC to N18, I can't even find error to glow plug - but honestly - repair that, not mask it off.

P.S I've made checksums in WinOLS with "Calculate compatibility test checksum", soo.. to be honest I don't freakin' know if there will be Ok, because ori file with checked this option shows wrong checksum, but when uncheck this it shows OK, WinOLS recalculate checksums with this option and even ori file have difference [not small at all], but ECMTitanium shows checksums are correct in 2 examples with calculate compatibility test chkecsum and without this recalculation, so... to be sure I gave file without checksums and if you are using kess or something smart with checksum correction maybe you should use this file not with corrected by winols with this function of compatibility - to be honest I don't understand exactly, where this function works well and even EVC can't tell that. Ive made a lot of EDC16 with this option checked and never had problem, but I've always use tools with auto checksumming.

Maybe here it is some who can explain us how this calculate compatibility test checksum work - EVC on his page said that ECU not always test that, soo maybe this is not important, but.. its good to know if the winols 2.24 make it good and maybe there are some ecus when we shouldn't mark this function?!

Pablo98
17th August, 2020, 08:26 PM
Thanks mjieteq,
I try write your mod file with Kess /calculate chks at write/:
file no chks - kess do not write rsa error
file chksmed - kess do not write cheksum error writing buffer

then I found another dump 03G906016DJ in the archive and edit dtc off and no problem write with Kess.:)
03G906016DJ_dtcoff_ok.zip
Problem solved.

But I tried to write the dump first read and it also works. After modif. dump /dtc off/ and write with MPPS car not start, kess do not write this file.
I think second checksum block error.
Thanks for help

Regards Pablo

mjieteq
17th August, 2020, 11:41 PM
No problem ;)
In general - kess (at least clone, idk what about with ori) have big problem with U1 - not everytime of course, but the tendcy is that the kess of course read, but not always can write it well, but tbh Ive never have this problem, because I always use MPPS to U1 and honestly never checked that with kess - maybe next time ;)
So for this ecu the best option to R/W is MPPS.

And good advice to you - always make 2 reads and compare these reads to be sure if two times you have read the same - just for sure, I always do that and never have problems with bad read file.

So you found dump [read via what? and from this car exactly but read times ago?], modify without calculations checksum via any hex/software editors (edit: YES you didn't calculate checksum, I saw file from above on my winols) and wrote with kess [using autochecksum embedded in kess software] and it works well? Am I understood well? What kess version HW SW you are using - I ask just for statistics - v2 5.017 and 2.23?