PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mpps V18 breakout cable and EDC17c10!

beounet
23rd August, 2020, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone! Just got an MPPS V18 clone from Alixpress, (its a good one! No missing components inside!) :tears_of_joy:
I wand to remap a Citroen C3 1.4 HDi 68 HP to 90HP (as i know it can reach that power).
The ECU is an EDC17c10. Planing to use Boot Mode (ECU completelly opened).
So my question is: As i was checking the breakout cable, i noticed that the Boot cable (that grey one with an aligator clip),
is connected directly to all other Ground cables!
Is that normal?
NO resistor required to the boot pin of the uC inside?
( I was thinking that the Boot cable is controlled directly by the Mpps circuitry!

Thanks in advance!

mrjay88
23rd August, 2020, 11:19 PM
yes this is normal for the boot pin to go to ground

morgano
24th August, 2020, 12:31 AM
It normally should be driven via 1K resistor, not directly to GND.

beounet
28th August, 2020, 07:36 PM
It normally should be driven via 1K resistor, not directly to GND.
Hi again!! Thanks for your replies!
Tried to read the ECU but mpps prompts this: 'Please make sure that KLINE is connected to the ignition pin'
As i know, working with MPPS v18 does not require to connect the KLINE cable anywhere!!
Any thoughts??
(all connections are correct)

morgano
28th August, 2020, 08:28 PM
Normally K or L line being pull up to 12v are used by many tools to have the ability to automatically turn key on and off, that is why it need be connected to the ignition pin.

beounet
29th August, 2020, 04:27 PM
Normally K or L line being pull up to 12v are used by many tools to have the ability to automatically turn key on and off, that is why it need be connected to the ignition pin.
So, where to connect the KLINE cable? (the green one)
On which pin of the ECU?
I am asking because on every video or tutorial i saw there is no Kline.!!!

morgano
29th August, 2020, 04:29 PM
Ignition. There is always fixed permanent 12v on one pin of ecu, and other briged to the ignition key, kline goes where the ignition key wire with non pemanent 12v should go.

beounet
30th August, 2020, 03:46 PM
Ignition. There is always fixed permanent 12v on one pin of ecu, and other briged to the ignition key, kline goes where the ignition key wire with non pemanent 12v should go.
So you suggest to connect Kline cable to PIN No19 of the ECU, right?

morgano
30th August, 2020, 03:48 PM
Yes, that’s right.

beounet
30th August, 2020, 04:04 PM
Yes, that’s right.
Thanks morgano!! I will try read the ECU again!!!
Hope that will not be bricked!

morgano
30th August, 2020, 04:18 PM
One way to bypass a security challenge response is having a little database of correct pair and reset the target until the challenge you receive matches one of the present in the database, so you have correct answer. Reset the target is made via the kline swithing.

beounet
17th October, 2020, 03:22 PM
One way to bypass a security challenge response is having a little database of correct pair and reset the target until the challenge you receive matches one of the present in the database, so you have correct answer. Reset the target is made via the kline swithing.

Hello again morgano!! It been some time since we last comment! I didn't had time to test yet but now i am going to test!
But first i did not understand what do you mean with your last reply!

Thanks